The online racing simulator
2011 F1 Etihad Abu Dhabi GP
(58 posts, started )
Quote from sinbad :Obviously a reference to Suzuka. I kind of hope the exact same thing happens and they both end up in the wall, actually. Just to see who they blame.

He was actually referring to the 2010 race at Abu Dhabi.

Poor Vettel. He managed to get away with bad luck earlier in the year, but not this time. I was hoping he would have to fight his way through the field, but alas, no!
Ahh, NOW I understand why Martin Whitmarsh was trying to look so innocent coming from T1/T2 area when the cars were on the formation-lap !

XD
Quote from samjh :He was actually referring to the 2010 race at Abu Dhabi.

So last year he had an amazing 1/8th of a car overlap going into T1 and what he's saying is that if same thing would've happened this year he wouldn't have backed-off ??

Amazing. No wonder he's always blamed.
YES!!! That's what i'm talking about!
Boring race.
Gotta feel for Buemi, retiring from another race in a good position.
Didn't Rosberg start on Primes?
Why didn't Lewis get a drive through for taking Vettel out?
Yay. Finally a good ol' McLaren v Ferrari / Hamilton v Alonso.

Decent race overall. Got pretty boring in the end, but meh.
Wtf happened to Webber wasnt he third on the last lap?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :

i think sarcasm, or just retard.

but, everytime redbull make a mistake Alonso has chance to win the race he challenges for it by making good pace and keeping up with the leader, but fails in the end because he pushes to hard.
Quote from AstroBoy :Wtf happened to Webber wasnt he third on the last lap?

double post,

he had to pit for hard tyres on last lap since he didnt use them. Which meant Button took 3rd.
Did buttocks have some kind of problem? He had some radio message early in the race about some problem and it looked like they tried to fix something on his first pit stop. Kind of strange to see Lonso to be able to keep up with Haemitlon but Buttocks falling so much back...?

Nice drive for Haemitlon.
Pretty good race overall. Nice recovery by Sauber after both pitting so early.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Boring race.

Why, because Hamilton won?

How was this race boring? We had incidents galore....
Any word on what caused Vettel's puncture? It's strange that a tyre would fail so suddenly without any contact and after just two corners.
Well Coulthard was suggesting maybe it peeled away from the rim.. an outside-box suggestion but maybe it could be true..
Quote from BlueFlame :Why, because Hamilton won?

How was this race boring? We had incidents galore....

Well I posted that before all that action.
Steve Machett (Speed's tech guy) suggsted that Vettel's start may have been so good that the bead came off the rim, creating a leak.
the red bull engineer, said. that the tyre was a defect and just ripped off because of such force.
I think he just hit the curb at precisely the wrong angle, and with low pressures coulda ****ed up the tyre. I doubt we'll ever know.
Unless a manufacturing fault is discovered, we will never know what the cause is. Vettel said there wasn't anything unusual at T1 when he inspected it after the race, the engineers haven't been able to figure anything out. The only thing left is Pirelli's forensic analysis of the offending tyre and its debris.

I don't like two-stage kerbs (used here and India). The flat portion invites overuse, and the high-angle portion poses too much risk of physical damage to the car.

2011 F1 Etihad Abu Dhabi GP
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG