The online racing simulator
the hellaflush thing is bad?
(70 posts, started )
#1 - jnr89
hey guys I wanted to know if this trendy mod, could cause damage in your car? I think it damages the tires of course, but what else? suspension?
mechanical damage? Im talking about short and long terms using this kind of mod...

a lot of people use it just for the looks, so...

sorry for my bad english

what is this i dont even
Well it's a very good mod cause it shows others that drivers is a retard and tells them to be very cautious when they're driving near you.
#4 - Agniz
*waiting when jibber and other haters will appear in this thread*

Actually yeah, it doesn't do anything good to tyres, also mechanical damage (if it scrapes everywhere), maybe ruined handling etc, but it LOOKS MUCH BETTER than stock.
I would compare hellaflush with high-heeled shoes - your girlfriend can't run fast with them, they will be no good for her legs if she wears them everyday, but they LOOK awesome, if compare to some hipster-converse's or smth like that.
Well yeah, their motto is form>function.
#6 - jnr89
Quote from E.Reiljans :Well it's a very good mod cause it shows others that drivers is a retard and tells them to be very cautious when they're driving near you.

hahahahahhaha nice one hahahh

but I think it could damage the suspension or other mechanicals components, because manufacturers dont sell cars with this configuration, or am I wrong?

I really think using that modd in a new car would kill the whole suspension/tires warranty
Would the old Insight Hybrid be hellaflush because you couldn't see the back wheels?

-Me on Hellaflush
The only thing that looks really and truly crap imo is all these cock heads who think that fitting a 165 width tyre on a 10j width rim is a good idea, it looks fooking rubbish, and must surely be dangerous?
I like it. It's only bad if your lawn trees don't grow money or your streets are horrible.
That picture.. why? Just why?

Could they not afford a car and just piled some shoeboxes up or something?
Hellaflush really is the continuation of the modified dubs since then have been 'stanced' for a long time. Personally though some of it looks horrible but occasionally there is some nice looking cars come out of it. Though they do do it wrong function should always be more important than form. While stance cars look good sitting in a car park I would rather have a car you could drive quickly down a little b road without worry of it getting beached on the first piece of sand you try to drive over.
Not a fan of hellaflush/stance bullshit.

I love FLUSH fitment. Rim/tyre sits directly in line with the guard.
"Hellaflush" is not flush at all, most of the time it pokes out which looks really, really bad. And i like stretched tyres, maybe one or two sizes down..not the the extremes some people do.

Quote from jnr89 :
but I think it could damage the suspension or other mechanicals components, because manufacturers dont sell cars with this configuration, or am I wrong?

Wrong.

The basics list of shit that can go wrong when having this type of mods done;
Ripping off bodykit/sideskirts on potholes/driveways/speedbumps
Scraping the exhaust and anything else under the car.
Rubbing the inner liner of your guard (Sometimes bad if the wiring loom travels through there)
Cutting away at the tyre
And in some cases, the tyre can catch the guard and shred it.

Mechanical wise theres not really any issues that can arrive unless you're dodgy. (Say...putting 30mm slip on spacers lol)
Quote from E.Reiljans :Well it's a very good mod cause it shows others that drivers is a retard and tells them to be very cautious when they're driving near you.

Quote from Klutch :Not a fan of hellaflush/stance bullshit.

I love FLUSH fitment. Rim/tyre sits directly in line with the guard.
"Hellaflush" is not flush at all, most of the time it pokes out which looks really, really bad. And i like stretched tyres, maybe one or two sizes down..not the the extremes some people do.

Wrong.

The basics list of shit that can go wrong when having this type of mods done;
Ripping off bodykit/sideskirts on potholes/driveways/speedbumps
Scraping the exhaust and anything else under the car.
Rubbing the inner liner of your guard (Sometimes bad if the wiring loom travels through there)
Cutting away at the tyre
And in some cases, the tyre can catch the guard and shred it.

Mechanical wise theres not really any issues that can arrive unless you're dodgy. (Say...putting 30mm slip on spacers lol)

so, you mean, if I buy a brand new car and apply this modd (properly and perfectly done) I wont lose my warranty from the manufacturer (suspension warranty)??
No, you most likely would, As you'll need coilovers/spacers, and depending on how your suspension is setup, camber arms etc
Then you may need the fenders either rolled, or even flared.
Quote from Klutch :No, you most likely would, As you'll need coilovers/spacers, and depending on how your suspension is setup, camber arms etc
Then you may need the fenders either rolled, or even flared.

all of which is alot cheaper then say... forging a 2jze and getting some driving lessons.
I don't get your point?
I think he's saying hellaflush is not for driving enthusiasts because they can't drive their fragile cars 'enthusiastically'. You may hear someone with their springs cut in half, tires 2mm from their wheel arch and wheels at -15 degrees camber talking about the handling benefits of a lower car.
Honestly, the name says it all.
Quote from flymike91 :I think he's saying hellaflush is not for driving enthusiasts because they can't drive their fragile cars 'enthusiastically'. You may hear someone with their springs cut in half, tires 2mm from their wheel arch and wheels at -15 degrees camber talking about the handling benefits of a lower car.

i agree, to this extent atleast i just fear the folks don't realise that modding a car with off the self parts is one thing, originality is another...

namely when you fcuk the suspension up royally, drop on the most generic alloys you can find and wonder why folks laugh at you ?

Theirs a good reason why most car modders aren't and will never be pro's at it...
Hellaflush? Hellashit.

Hellawhats hellaall hellathis hella hellashit hellaanyway?
Quote from theirishnoob :
Theirs a good reason why most car modders aren't and will never be pro's at it...

Theres a difference between car modders and these people.

In my eyes if you mod your car and it goes faster, or corners around a track quicker than factory, you're doing pretty well. You'll find that most people who do some suspension or engine work will have attended a trackday event of some kind.

The people that do the "Hellaflush" aren't car modders. Have you ever noticed a lot of the owners seem to dress like indie kids?
They're trend followers, thats all.

Those cars are nothing more than status symbol for them.
Quote from danthebangerboy :The only thing that looks really and truly crap imo is all these cock heads who think that fitting a 165 width tyre on a 10j width rim is a good idea, it looks fooking rubbish, and must surely be dangerous?

It just looks awesome, 165 on 10J is a little too much tbh and i don't think that's even possible. Anything better than a chromed/riced up miata hehe
I like a hot miata
The whole hellaflush thing is for lifestylers, bandwagoneers
Now there's hellaflush which is dumb and then there's just good fitment which is awesome but some people would probably group this in with hellaflush.

(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG