The online racing simulator
Blue flag in multiclass racing
(23 posts, started )
Hello guys,

I was racing today at cargame.nl with fzr And had two arguments with a guys on slower class.

1. At AS3 I was like 4. and at T1 there was a slower class racer in front. I got to him just before apex and I decided to take him from outside. He was driving it on the limit and wide so when I was at his rear wheel I slightly pushed him and he then got it to sand at middle of corner. IMO 50% is his failure as the push was slight. After race he was arguing with me that I crashed him and so on...

2. At special layout I was leading and coming out from corner and I was getting to 2 cars at the little curved straight. As at the time I was deciding there was space for 2 cars I chose to take inside line. The guy was racing it on the limit and got inside of that slight curved straight. So I overtook him on a grass within scrapping his side of car but nothing else happened. After race he was arguing that he can race his line and I am the one who is responsible.

In my opinion blue flag overtaking is work of the two. There was enough space for it and it wasnt really necessary to block my way as the speed difference was like 80km/h and really I cant disappear or change my decision few meters behind them. Why I should lose seconds at the little curved straight for that someone wanted to gain 0.01 and got it to the limit with a blue flag on his head.

What you guys think. Should we brake and let them drive at the limit and lose positions behind them? Is blue flag here just to let them know that there is faster car and they can race the line they want? Or blue flag means for them to be predictable and let us pass without blocking or so on?

Thank you for opinions.
1. Sounds like a typical GT2 fail. Just wait for the sodding exit and go inside. You won't get slid into and everyone loses less. Don't expect anyone to brake for you if you try to go round the outside after the apex.

2. You cut the track limits to pass and made contact. Douche much?

Blue flag in multiclass racing means: "There is a faster class in a better position approaching". It doesn't really mean anything else. Get overlap before turn-in or wait for the exit.

Quote :Should we brake and let them drive at the limit and lose positions behind them?

If they aren't weaving or taking defensive lines to actually block you, it doesn't matter if you lose time or positions, it's racing.

Quote :blue flag means for them to be predictable and let us pass without blocking or so on?

Predictable = stay on racing line, you go around them (see: Le Mans for instance). If by "let us pass" you mean "move the **** over" then no.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :If by "let us pass" you mean "move the **** over" then no.

And that's exactly what he means, pringles, Much appreciated, Guy was causing riff raf all over Cargame today..
@TehPawns3D. Wtf you just said??? Only you 2 guys were scrapped not damaged and was arguing for nothing all the time making my racing sux. You are the man who took the revenge on me and got warned by admins.

Meanwhile I have found this: http://www.cargame.nl/forum/post39722.html They arent talking the same as you Notanillusion.
Are you looking for real life rules/scenarios or did you mistakenly put this in the wrong section?
ok first of all lagger you took me out you didnt damage me you spun me and drove off
#7 - samjh
Quote from L@gger :What you guys think. Should we brake and let them drive at the limit and lose positions behind them? Is blue flag here just to let them know that there is faster car and they can race the line they want? Or blue flag means for them to be predictable and let us pass without blocking or so on?

Case study from Le Mans 24 hours:
http://youtu.be/Y8JCh9WbnXk?t=1m42s

Audi driver tries to follow Peugeot through the curve. But look! There is a Ferrari in the way. Audi driver gets alongside, but it becomes obvious that the Ferrari will use all the track. Audi driver brakes and allows Ferrari to to take the racing line for the moment, and passes after the exit.

So the correct answer? Don't try to pass the slower car around a corner! You are in a higher class, your car is faster, so play it safe, use the straights.
Okay but the second guy was arguing about the overtaking of a tight curved straight where I chose the inside and wasnt changing it. He was just driving his line and got me there on grass. It wasnt really needed to take it at the limit. Who fault would be that? Is it like he should have make me a space if he knew that I am going to overtake him?

It doesnt give so much sense because that would mean that they can race like they want and only we should brake and fight for positions between them. The same I dont think is fair to me to pass them everywhere. IMO there should be some compromise if it really isnt necessary for him to take it wide. I was just behind him and he could make me space instead of taking the wide line.

@derohk I had some race accidents and fails. Sorry for that.
Can you actually show some pics or replays because your descriptions of these incidents aren't very clear...

As for Le Mans, GT drivers are told to hold their line and the faster LMPs will get around them, with better acceleration and manoeuvrability.
Just by reading your post l@gger, i can tell it was your own fault.
Quote from boothy :Are you looking for real life rules/scenarios or did you mistakenly put this in the wrong section?

This happens regularly. I guess people just refuse to see sim racing as gaming.
First of all I don't get why I am stuck driving slower cars just because I don't have enough rank in that particular server. It's NOT like I have never drivern FXR at AS3 before, just that I am new to this server. It is bad for both other people and himself that one is forced to use a slower car which one may not comfortable with. I am not arguing with the procedure or rules, but can anyone enlighten me why as to why there is this restriction of class by rank?
Totally Logger's fault in both cases by the sounds of it. You need to read up on what blue flags mean outside of F1.
Quote from tristancliffe :Totally Logger's fault in both cases by the sounds of it. You need to read up on what blue flags mean outside of F1.

have to agree with tris on that, outside of F1 it's a warning to the slower car, not an instruction

oh BTW tris nice onboard vid from oulton park mate, especially if you run it at the same time as chris' vid , just start yours 8 secs earlier to match the action.
I hadn't thought of doing that!
Quote from rageshgr :First of all I don't get why I am stuck driving slower cars just because I don't have enough rank in that particular server. It's NOT like I have never drivern FXR at AS3 before, just that I am new to this server. It is bad for both other people and himself that one is forced to use a slower car which one may not comfortable with. I am not arguing with the procedure or rules, but can anyone enlighten me why as to why there is this restriction of class by rank?

Because people like you, is a greater danger for others, when travelled at a higher speed.
You have no idea about me and declare I am danger. What do you mean by "people like you"? Why are you making it personal?. Anyways I am now in class 4 now. Btw checked your profile, you race in real life? bravo!
Quote from rageshgr :First of all I don't get why I am stuck driving slower cars just because I don't have enough rank in that particular server. It's NOT like I have never drivern FXR at AS3 before, just that I am new to this server. It is bad for both other people and himself that one is forced to use a slower car which one may not comfortable with. I am not arguing with the procedure or rules, but can anyone enlighten me why as to why there is this restriction of class by rank?

Your ex(perience) rating only is 429. That means you don't have enough experience with LFS and other cars then (for example) GTR. All 'noobs' select GTR and crash everybody else because they have no idea how the other cars handle.

See example in start post.

If ex>=550 then you are allowed to immediately jump into a GT2 seat.

You can up your ex rating fast by doing fast hotlaps in combos you never driven before. (But most of the racers sit out the ranking bit)

Quote :It is bad for both other people and himself that one is forced to use a slower car which one may not comfortable with.

If you can't handle anything else then a GTR car then it's better to start cruising like the majority of other inexperienced 'racers'

What's LFS experience rating?
LFS EI: From the Airio website (http://stats.airio.eu/EXP.aspx)
Quote :The LFS Experience Index is a single number representing (or at least trying to represent) driver's abilities. Currently it is calculated by FULL and PROS versions of Airio using only LFS World available data, specifically the table of personal best lap times and laps, the table of personal online statistics, and the table of personal uploaded hotlaps.

i.e. http://stats.airio.eu/EXD.aspx?U=Hyperactive

Quote :
Most of the above fields should be self-explaining. The three Podium numbers show wins, 2nds and 3rds, while Races are simply races finished. Online and Hotlap PBs show the count of recorded best lap times falling into five ranges related to current WR: Within 0.5% (left number), up to 1%, up to 2% (middle number), up to 3% and not worse than 4% (right number). Using these data it should be obvious why someone has higher/lower index than yourself and in what ways the index may be improved.

Oh, thax for the info. Did not know such thing existed.
Quote from cargame.nl :Your ex(perience) rating only is 429. That means you don't have enough experience with LFS and other cars then (for example) GTR. All 'noobs' select GTR and crash everybody else because they have no idea how the other cars handle.

See example in start post.

If ex>=550 then you are allowed to immediately jump into a GT2 seat.

You can up your ex rating fast by doing fast hotlaps in combos you never driven before. (But most of the racers sit out the ranking bit)

If you can't handle anything else then a GTR car then it's better to start cruising like the majority of other inexperienced 'racers'

Dude, yes I get your point, but in my case it is the case that I find most comfy with GTR. And I have driven other cars somewhat so I am aware of how they handle. The other day due to some bug(or not) or something, I got GT3 enabled in KY3 at cargame.nl s2, and I didn't crash or anything, I drove well, better than I drove the TBOs. And as you suggested, I have already driven 160 hotlap combos, (not very fast though), but I wanted to test out different combos. Having said that, I too have recently realised that my exp with cars other than GTR is very less, so I am consciously trying to pan out to different cars/tracks combo. That is one of the reasons I started visiting cargame.nl regularly, so that I am exposed to different cars/tracks.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG