The online racing simulator
Define race length
I would like a very simple program to define race length. We are soon starting a league where @a round we have 30 minutes races. I would like a program where you give minutes of race length to the app, and it sets the next whole number of hours as race length, then when the counter reaches the given number of minutes, would add +1 lap to the current lapcount of the leader and would so finish the race.
If anybody is keen to help please write here
Thank you in advance.
I think that Airio does that thing in the public AirAttack Dailycious Events. Try to contact EQ Worry for more info.
I knew about Airio having this feature, but I wasn't keen spending 30€ which I'd use for only 1 race, and only 1 feature of all that much.
I'm still in need of it, and the race date is coming closer :/
When is the race?
12 November.
It's not possible to add laps to someone's counter. It's possible to show or post message with laps amount but it won't be visible on replay (I think so).
I was suggested on it, as Airio has done it. Flame told suspected that it was done before also.
I think he just misunderstood (probably even on purpose, because let's face it, you would have to be retarded to misunderstand that). The point is not to increase the lapcount of the leader but to get the leader's lapcount and add 1 to that. And set that as the race length

Personally I'm honestly just super busy plus I'm not a very good programmer so I haven't had the time to do it myself. It's an easy thing to do for an experienced person. Unfortunately it seems no one is willing to make it
Thanks for making it clear for others hyntty So basically its
If leaders' lapcount=x
and time=(desired ammount)
set laps=x+1
Quote from Kristi :Thanks for making it clear for others hyntty So basically its
If leaders' lapcount=x
and time=(desired ammount)
set laps=x+1

Basically yes. You can get the leader's lap count from the node lap packet (each time a nlp arrives check if position == 1; then laps = x) and when the timer goes off either send a message /laps = x+1 or send a sta packet defing the race length.
It sounds easy, and is easy. But I'm studying java and not C#, and it's first time I wanna get into insim.

I looked around and it has to do with
struct_IS_LAP
{
word LapsDone;
};

struct_IS_MCI
{
byte FirstPly;
};
I'm curious as to why you can't just set the race to 1 hour and then manually do /laps=x once the leader crosses the line after 30 minutes have elapsed, if no one will make an app?
It's very easy to do. Like @Kristi said you have to work with NLP packets (thus MCI is bigger and there is no reason to spend bandwidth and time).
1. Get race start time and set it to variable.
2. On every NLP packet check if (race time you set - actual race time < 5) then set laps to NLP->Lap + 1.

You can calculate actual race time by (time()-race start time).

There can be problem with 5 seconds when leader is near start/finish line because race can end too early (5 seconds). You can avoid it by additionaly checking Node and comparing it to start/finish node number or using completely different way.
Quote from boothy :I'm curious as to why you can't just set the race to 1 hour and then manually do /laps=x once the leader crosses the line after 30 minutes have elapsed, if no one will make an app?

If nobody does the app, surely that will happen. I just wanted to avoid the manual way, which might have some failures?
From Airio.cfg.txt (limad actions):

# Setting race length in minutes or laps: !length
EnableLength=2

If I'm right simply doing "!len -30" would set race lenght for 30 minutes

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG