The online racing simulator
Round 1 - Aston Grand Prix (AS5) - Pre-Qualifying Class Balancing Amendment
Drivers and managers,

After intense discussion and deliberation, we have decided to grant the FX3 car a 1% reduction in intake restriction for the remainder of pre-qualifying. This means that from this moment, the FX3 will use 33% intake restriction, rather than 34%. This change applies only to pre-qualifying, and not to the official qualifying or race sessions on Sunday.

We have made this change for the following reasons:
  1. We chose poorly in selecting the track for the first round. We picked a track where the FX3 has a distinct disadvantage--a track geared to the strengths of the FZ3 and XR3.
  2. Because of the way the championship is structured in the Super GT Series, missing the first round of the season puts a team at a distinct disadvantage in the championship points standings--moreso than in other, more traditionally formatted series (i.e., series with max 30 contestants).
  3. However, since the FXR naturally underperforms on tracks like AS5, this restriction reduction will not be applied to the official qualifying and race sessions; the purpose of the reduction is to give FX3 teams a fair chance at getting into the field. Once in, they should perform as expected at a track like AS5. To give them an advantage in the official qualifying or race sessions would be unfair to the FZ3 and XR3 teams, who will suffer correspondingly at tight and twisty tracks.
We hope our rationale is clear and understandable for all involved.

We understand that this is not an ideal situation, and we certainly did not want to make changes to the restrictions once the pre-qualifying session had begun. This situation is entirely our fault, as we failed to consider the effect the choice of first track would have on the various cars. We are making this change for the sake of fairness, or at least as much fairness as can be created given our initial mistake.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Drivers and managers,

After intense discussion and deliberation, we have decided to grant the FX3 car a 1% reduction in intake restriction for the remainder of pre-qualifying.

Thank you, and also P. Diaz to test it out on the track.
Thank you
Ah, finally, great! thanks a lot. Just to be clear, So on quali and race and rest of the 7 rounds its back to 34% am I right?
Quote from rageshgr :Ah, finally, great! thanks a lot. Just to be clear, So on quali and race and rest of the 7 rounds its back to 34% am I right?

Yes, literally only this Pre-Qualifying will have this 33% restriction.
Thanks, btw out of curiosity, won't this problem arise again during qualifying heat race for other FX3-unfriendly tracks, where again FX3 will be disadvantaged and FX3 teams may not even qualify for the race with 34%?
What about when it goes to FX3-friendly tracks? You want us to slow FX3 down?

This is for the reasons stated in the OP, there's no reason to change it after this pre-qual has ended.
#8 - CSF
Quote from rageshgr :Thanks, btw out of curiosity, won't this problem arise again during qualifying heat race for other FX3-unfriendly tracks, where again FX3 will be disadvantaged and FX3 teams may not even qualify for the race with 34%?

TBH those who qualify deserve to and those who don't, do not. It's pretty simple.
You are correct, IF the cars are equal. The organizers felt that FXR was too disadvantaged at AS5, hence they reduced 1% restriction, hence I am asking if the same problem won't arise in other long and winding tracks in the future rounds
#10 - CSF
*bangs head on table* I'm not sure what you want. You have had this explained to you by numerous people. The FXR is nearly never good at Aston configs, but usually is right up at the front at twistier tracks. It's clear that the admins have decided that the difference is far to big for this track, and this track alone. Leave it alone for now, and see what happens at other tracks.
Quote from PMD9409 :What about when it goes to FX3-friendly tracks? You want us to slow FX3 down?

This is for the reasons stated in the OP, there's no reason to change it after this pre-qual has ended.

1. To answer your question, I think FX3 will be only equal to FZ3/XR3 in FX3-friendly tracks, I don't think FX3 will ever be faster than XR3/FZ3. But I could be wrong here, please correct me if I am wrong.

2. Just like not qualifying in AS5 will put FX3 teams in disadvantage (regferring to the OP), won't the FX3 teams again suffer when/if they do not qualify on FX3-unfriendly tracks in future ?

But I was just thinking out loud, I am not arguing or asking you guys to reduce restrictions in the future, coz I don't have data. But since future pre-quals are races, by the time we get data it will be too late. Again I am thinking out loud. I only hope that at the end of the day, all cars fairly even

Edit: CSF has cleared my doubt to a great extent and I think it may not be that bad for FX3 after all
Quote from CSF : It's clear that the admins have decided that the difference is far to big for this track, and this track alone.

Ah! ok I am satisfied with your answer that AS5 is the most FX3-unfriendly track and hence AS5 alone get this exception and that other FX3-unfriendly tracks are only minor differences. Cool

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG