The online racing simulator
Round 1 - Aston Grand Prix (AS5) - Pre-Qualifying

Sponsored by cargame.nl

Hello drivers and managers,

As this is the first round of the season, we will use a pre-qualification session to determine which cars will participate in the official sessions on Sunday. All teams are welcome to pre-qualify.

Pre-Qualification Details:
Schedule: 00:01 UTC Monday, Oct. 31 - 23:59 UTC Friday, Nov. 4
Server: Super GT Series
Password: To be PM'd to team managers

Teams will qualify for the official sessions as follows:
  1. If we have 15 or more confirmed teams pre-qualify in each class, the teams with the top 15 fastest times in each class in pre-qual will advance to the official qualifying/race sessions.
  2. If we do not have at least 15 cars in one of the classes, additional cars will be admitted from the other class to fill the 30-car field.
A reminder from the rules:

Quote :3) For the first round, if there are more than 30 registered teams, a pre-qualification session will be used to determine the 30 starting teams.
3.1) Any number of drivers from a team’s overall team roster may be used in pre-qualification. The driver who sets the team’s fast lap in pre-qualification must be on the race roster and must drive in the race. If this driver is unavailable for the race, the fastest lap by the team’s next-quickest driver will be used.

Hi,

Should the driver who set the fastest time in Pre-Qual be the same driver who I appoint for official quali sessions on Sunday?
Assume driver 1 is the fastest in pre-qual. I appoint driver 2 for offical quali. Then driver 1 and driver 2 takes part in race. Is this allowed?
Quote from rageshgr :Hi,

Should the driver who set the fastest time in Pre-Qual be the same driver who I appoint for official quali sessions on Sunday?
Assume driver 1 is the fastest in pre-qual. I appoint driver 2 for offical quali. Then driver 1 and driver 2 takes part in race. Is this allowed?

Yes, that's allowed.

The fastest driver in pre-quali does not have to be the driver who qualifies on Sunday, but he must drive in the race.
Thanks, I am clear now
ben, seems that no FX300 laps are counting because the FZ500 is in the same class
"FZV" and "FXV"

Pretty hard to hit within x% of an FZR.
No laps should be counting yet, anyway. Pre-qual doesn't start for a while yet.

And I'm not sure what you're talking about, anyway:

Works as intended now. Pre-Q opens up in roughly 6 hours.
Please Note:

During pre-qualifying you should use driver naming as described in the rules, i.e.:

Quote :XX [First initial].[Last Name]

...for example:

01 J.Smith
51 J.Smith

Where “XX” is the team's car number. GT500 car numbers must be in green. GT300 car numbers must be in red. The driver’s name must be in white.

My name is Ragesh Radhakrishnan. Can I use 72 R.Ragesh as my name?, because Radhakrishnan is my fathers name and we don't usually refer oneself by last name in my place. It feels weird. So can I use R.Ragesh?
Quote from rageshgr :My name is Ragesh Radhakrishnan. Can I use 72 R.Ragesh as my name?, because Radhakrishnan is my fathers name and we don't usually refer oneself by last name in my place. It feels weird. So can I use R.Ragesh?

Yep, no problem.
Pre-qualifying is now officially underway.
It appears my time for GT500 has vanished from the top chart, but I don't understand why that would be. Could somebody give me an explanation for this? :|
Quote from Deutschland2007 :It appears my time for GT500 has vanished from the top chart, but I don't understand why that would be. Could somebody give me an explanation for this? :|

I'm at work so I can't check on it. Maybe PMD can if he sees this.

Do you notice any other times missing?

I'm new to Airio, but I'm fairly sure everything is set up correctly.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm at work so I can't check on it. Maybe PMD can if he sees this.

Do you notice any other times missing?

I'm new to Airio, but I'm fairly sure everything is set up correctly.

It appears all XRR times that have been set in GT500 are missing...
Well, that's very very strange...
I don't see any FXR times in GT500 either, donno if its data loss or no FXR was driven in GT500 class
I think it's the latter.

ALL DRIVERS: If you are doing pre-quali, it might be a good idea to autosave MPRs, just in case your times get lost.
I'm at a loss of why those times are now missing. Completely clueless why it is only XRR that it happened to. Sadly you are going to have to redo your lap. Sucks I know, but I'm not sure why this happened (I have no access to Airio itself, and have never personally messed with it). I noticed the practice restarted 13 hours ago, but that shouldn't affect the times set already.

The XRR times are saving now (as there is one currently on the server), so once you do your lap you might want to printscreen the !top GT5 or !top GT3 just incase.

Once again, sorry it happened but I am not sure why exactly. Never seen it happen before. Sadly I'm not home currently to look at it all myself. Phone is the best I got.
If you have an MPR of your missing hotlap, we'll accept that.
Misunderstanding in Airio configuration. Should be fine now.

The server is auto recording MPR's. If anyone wants to claim a time I can retrieve it. Well, the organizers can do that too, actually
Can you please change rules or something so all drivers need to change their name to correct format on pre qual too? Now it's hard to understand in what place my team is as some "special" drivers never change their name and use nick.
They should already be doing that. If they rejoin with the correct name it should change it on the time charts. Me and flame figured that out two nights ago.
Yes it will show the last used racername, so its not a big deal, but having said that it's difficult for other teams when we try to calculate where we are in the standings. We either have to wait for them to come back or scan the whole roaster.
I was told that bumpdrafting was allowed in the pre-qualifying, is that true?
Quote from Flame CZE :I was told that bumpdrafting was allowed in the pre-qualifying, is that true?

It's not explicitly banned in the rules, but let's just say that we'd find it to be poor sportsmanship and would look very unkindly on it.

The point of pre-qual is to find out which teams are the fastest, not to find out which can be pushed the fastest.

edit: Let's say it falls under the note at the end of the rules.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG