The online racing simulator

Poll : Shall there be another GTAL Season?

Yes
No
Unsure
I agree with the fact GTAL is now not needed, as GTAL "restrictions" basically said "thou shalt not race because you did IGTC/MoE some time ago, this makes you "pro"", tho theres not much rookies in LFS atm who would "make grids full". We have GT2WS with almost the same formulae like GTAL was.
Quote from CSF :GT2WS was not there to replace GTAL. It was for everyone to drive and take part in, basically because there were so many who wanted to do GTAL who couldn't because they were clearly over the "restrictions."

But I'm sure we can both agree with the state of LFS that it was expected, even though not intended.
Quote from IsaacPrice :You'd be able to race it then

Sadly i am not, as we saw last season i was only able to a certain % of the race compared to others
Ego boost FTW mentioning yourself as one of the best in your earlier post
Quote from andRo. :Yep, TBO endurance races would be great.

Agreed.

Leave GT2 to GT2WS and GT1/GT3 to IGTC/Super GT.

Put GTAL on ice until a patch brings in a new crop of n00bz.
#30 - CSF
Quote from PMD9409 :But I'm sure we can both agree with the state of LFS that it was expected, even though not intended.

LFS sucks. I'm not sure I see the point of any league until there is a patch. We are approaching 3 1/2 years... why are we still bothering, the devs aren't?
Quote from CSF :LFS sucks. I'm not sure I see the point of any league until there is a patch. We are approaching 3 1/2 years... why are we still bothering, the devs aren't?

Well of course, I ask myself that everytime I start it up tbh, but unless everyone wants to pay for another sim, then we don't have much to do. I don't see the point of another GTR league for a while anyways (SuperGT wasn't going to be GTRs but kinda happened last second because of the shorter races).

TBOs provide better racing, closer racing, more strategy, all cars can be used if the right tracks are picked (with restrictions), and it won't be just the fast and wide tracks that you see with GTRs. Heck, if people wanted a race on FE1 and AS1, I would even join in for a 4-6 hour race there. Imagine the close racing and the epic number of laps.

I feel like Obama asking for change so much.

Quote :5. Road Car Endurance (Single Class)

TBO: FXO 4% / XRT 1% / RB4

- Pre - Qualifying (Mon - Thurs)
- 2 from each team must attend, average of the fastest two count
- Qualifying Race (Friday)
- Pre-Qualifying grid order, 1 hour race.
- Race (Saturday) 4-8 hours long
- Grid set by Qualifying Race

5 Races: (No order)
BL11R
Aston
Kyoto
Fern Bay
South City

Length of races traded off as 4,8,4,8,4

Quote :7. Road Car Endurance (2 Class) #2

RF: FZ5 / RAC

- Pre-Qualifying (Mon-Thurs) *
- Qualifying (Friday) **
- Race (Saturday) ***

*Top Driver from each team is counted and top 15 from each class is put into Qualifying.
**30 minutes for each class / Shift+p Allowed
*** 4-8 hour races

BL11R
Aston
Kyoto
Fern Bay
South City

Quote :10. Masters of Road Cars

UF1 - 3 hours - FE3
STD - 4 hours -
LX4 - 4 hours -
TBO - 4 hours - B11R
RF - 6 hours -
LX6 - 6 hours -

Pre-Qualifying (Mon-Thurs) - Top 30 Advance
Qualifying (Fri) - 30 minutes / Shift+p
Race (Sat)

Quote : 11. LX Series

8 Races - 2 weeks apart / Sundays?

LX4
LX6
LX4
LX6
LX4
LX6
LX4
LX6

20 minute Qualifying
30 minute Sprint Race
60 minute Main Race (pitstop required with pit window)*

*Top 8 reversed from Sprint race finish.

End of the season:
Overall Champion
LX4 Champion
LX6 Champion

I can go on all day really. There is so much stuff missing when it comes to league racing. Things have never been touched. We need to just stop pissin around and do something refreshing. Doing the same thing each year is like driving an oval, and I don't even have to explain why that is painful.
Road car enduro sounds like a plan, the tyres can last a lot longer than GTR ones, so would be interesting with strategy to see if you could at least double stint them. Doesn't need to be a hugely complex league or anything, just a few events spread out with various cars, tbh you don't need SCs - and provided it's supported and promoted enough it should do well.
Cornys is planning LX series, one quali and race per car, per evening. Make sure to watch it, when it launches, sometime next year probably.
Masters of Road Cars sounds best to me, different cars each race is pure win
I quite like the idea of 1 or 2 class road endurance. Maybe 1 class would be better. And how's about (puts flame suit on) making everyone drive each car at least once
Quote from Kid222 :Cornys is planning LX series, one quali and race per car, per evening. Make sure to watch it, when it launches, sometime next year probably.

Cornys is planning almost every kind of series under the sun, so I'll believe it when I see it
Quote from boothy :Cornys is planning almost every kind of series under the sun, so I'll believe it when I see it

That might be true (), but i think this one is closest to realisation.
Let's add a GTAL and MoE class in GT2WS and let's race a MoRC with 3 classes LRF, TBO and STD!
Quote from momo92i :let's add a gtal and moe class in gt2ws and let's race a morc with 3 classes lrf, tbo and std!

yes!!
Quote from kart-36 :Masters of Road Cars sounds best to me, different cars each race is pure win

Does this have anything to do with the fact that u saw UF1 in calendar?
Quote from reigga :Does this have anything to do with the fact that u saw UF1 in calendar?

No but road cars are best. Im sick of GTR, no wonder people dont do leagues anymore because its always the same 'GT1 and GT2, this season will be great!!11111'
What Phil mentioned sounds awesome, we should definitely try one of those. I really don't care which one of those since I like them all, but these 2 are the ones I would probably prefer more:

Now, make a vote, so we can decide.

Quote :
5. Road Car Endurance (Single Class)

- Pre - Qualifying (Mon - Thurs)
- 2 from each team must attend, average of the fastest two count
- Qualifying Race (Friday)
- Pre-Qualifying grid order, 1 hour race.
- Race (Saturday) 4-8 hours long
- Grid set by Qualifying Race

BL11R
Aston
Kyoto
Fern Bay
South City

Quote :10. Masters of Road Cars

UF1 - 3 hours - FE3
STD - 4 hours -
LX4 - 4 hours -
TBO - 4 hours - B11R
RF - 6 hours -
LX6 - 6 hours -

Pre-Qualifying (Mon-Thurs) - Top 30 Advance
Qualifying (Fri) - 30 minutes / Shift+p
Race (Sat)

Like the guys above, I would love to see some road cars racing. But on the other hand, the poll is talking by itself
If theres going to be a TBO series and i can join then im all in Bring on Fe1 or Fe3(In GTRS this track is epic fun) But bring on a new season of something interesting
im interested in a GTAL 2011. Mainly because im an amateur.
Quote from Bmxtwins :im interested in a GTAL 2011. Mainly because im an amateur.

yes i can see that
Quote from Bmxtwins :im interested in a GTAL 2011. Mainly because im an amateur.

You live in UTC +60 I guess
Never hurts to bump :P
This thread is closed

Do you want a GTAL 2012?
(107 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG