The online racing simulator
D.U.I Drift Series
(262 posts, started )
Quote from greg_slideways :We are most likely going to simply re-do event one seeing as we didn't have as many drivers qualify as we'd like, stay posted to the thread we have a bit of reworking to do this week, if you'd like to volunteer to be a judge please PM me, We are definitely in need of experienced judges! as far as further info just stay tuned!

if i good understude all event are restart?again qualification?right?
and ok i understude it will be 2x16...
Quote from JDMViet :The qualifying run took 3 hours sounds normal. Imagine trying to qualify 60+ people, each having to do 2 runs, then judging the runs. People also didn't show up, which slow process down. Keeping it all organize and easily to understand is a great accomplishment from the organizers.

I was organising compoetitions and qual runs took allways someting like 1-1,5h. The whole competition took 3-3,5h. Otherwise for example D1 Comp Series 2009,2010,EDC Series, Falken minicomps, WorX comps, N-Sys minicomps and other comps or minicomps took allways 3-4h (sometimes they were even shorter). I think this series started from the wrong side (I'm talking about numbers, VT, real names, broadcast etc.). First of all you need to sort scoring and top32/16 pairs.
P.S.: I think reporting of results should be on LFS chat. If you are posting it on VT chat after a few runs you don't know what score is your score.
Quote from Rayu :numbers, VT, real names, broadcast
First of all you need to sort scoring

P.S.: I think reporting of results should be on LFS chat.

The numbers and names didn't add any legitimacy to the event, imo.

It would be good if people knew the order of the runs so that they didn't have to ask about when their turn is.

A TGS server with appropriate bandwidth cap (about 420kbits/second) should be able to handle 47 slots without a problem. I heard it was capped at 256.

The disconnections were bad advertising for TGS.

You might want to come up with a script for promos if you stick with doing vent etc. Likewise, promotional binds that you do regularly would be good.

I think that recording the event and editing it down basic event coverage/highlights would be a lot more successful as a promotional tool than broadcasting.

Thank you for investing your time and energy in this series, I really do appreciate it. I look forward to seeing what is in store
what will be with 1 round at the end?
Can u guys take Total Drift away? please its not a team anymore !
Im kinda missing some input in the thread from the organisers
pls say somethnig!say what is plan!
Quote from Brandborg93 :Im kinda missing some input in the thread from the organisers

Hey, hang in tight. We're still making changes to the format of the Series and we've got a lot of things in mind. A possible schedule change, a new qualification process, it's all being looked into. As for the rescheduled Event #1, dates are to be announced.
Is it comp today?? where is the lay?
Quote from toridriver :Is it comp today?? where is the lay?

Would be nice to know if we are running today or not
Quote from LazLoW :Hey, hang in tight. We're still making changes to the format of the Series and we've got a lot of things in mind. A possible schedule change, a new qualification process, it's all being looked into. As for the rescheduled Event #1, dates are to be announced.

Hey, hang in tight. We're still making changes to the format of the Series and we've got a lot of things in mind. A possible schedule change, a new qualification process, it's all being looked into. As for the rescheduled Event #1, dates are to be announced.

It's a wonder why I even reply to this thread when people don't read.
Quote from LazLoW :
It's a wonder why I even reply to this thread when people don't read.

They asked for you to post. Of course they read it. They just didn't understand what you meant, because you weren't explicit enough.

Allow me to demonstrate one interpretation:
"A possible schedule change..."
The schedule on the first post is still accurate.

"As for the rescheduled Event #1, dates are to be announced"
Event #1 is going to be split up into multiple events that will occur at times which have not yet been disclosed.

When someone clearly doesn't understand what you meant, don't assume that they didn't try; think about why they didn't understand.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :They asked for you to post. Of course they read it. They just didn't understand what you meant, because you weren't explicit enough.

Allow me to demonstrate one interpretation:
"A possible schedule change..."
The schedule on the first post is still accurate.

"As for the rescheduled Event #1, dates are to be announced"
Event #1 is going to be split up into multiple events that will occur at times which have not yet been disclosed.

When someone clearly doesn't understand what you meant, don't assume that they didn't try; think about why they didn't understand.

Gee, sorry I don't have access to the main post. When someone doesn't clearly understand what I meant it's because nothing has been finalized yet, be patient, Christ.
Quote from LazLoW :Gee, sorry I don't have access to the main post. When someone doesn't clearly understand what I meant it's because nothing has been finalized yet, be patient, Christ.

You don't have anything to be sorry for, or was that sarcasm?

I was just being informative, guy. Informing you that people are reading your posts, but sometimes are not understanding what you mean.
I understood what you meant.

y u mad bro?
Please read the updated original post!
ok,you say:
''the show must go on!''
very nice!
but im for the same time and qualifing and top 32 in same day!its more exited!
dont change that because people cant maybe be in both day!
I agree with muhi_gp, i personaly have to trenings at weekend from 6 to 8 pm... with mean i cant be there... greate timing people... My mark for organization this comp just went from 1 to -3
Does noone really want to vote on our main website?
Because people are lazy to register there
Quote from BigMan1992 :Because people are lazy to register there

Then they won't be able to vote for schedule changes.
Information and layouts.
If they can't fill out a simple registration form maybe they shouldn't be in a series.
Quote from lazlow :then they won't be able to vote for schedule changes.
Information and layouts.
If they can't fill out a simple registration form maybe they shouldn't be in a series.

+1
I dont give a shit about some promotion of your site... Thats not the way... Lfs is my relaxing and your comps is everything except relaxing... Next time think twice for making comp for what you think thats big... OSDT made it just from flash... LBD make event every friday, and it took no longer then 2h For everything... What have you thinking that i gona fall again on same joke for registering. NO THX
C yaa on track, i dont wont to lose my time anymore on this Lets call it "Compaticion"... This is one big, Bull****.
Quote from Milovan :I dont give a shit about some promotion of your site... Thats not the way... Lfs is my relaxing and your comps is everything except relaxing... Next time think twice for making comp for what you think thats big... OSDT made it just from flash... LBD make event every friday, and it took no longer then 2h For everything... What have you thinking that i gona fall again on same joke for registering. NO THX
C yaa on track, i dont wont to lose my time anymore on this Lets call it "Compaticion"... This is one big, Bull****.

And people wonder why everyone thinks drifters are thick. By doing an event they're providing a service, doing people a favour. Slagging them off because you can't be arsed to register on a website is pretty poor don't you think?
Quote from Milovan :I dont give a shit about some promotion of your site... Thats not the way... Lfs is my relaxing and your comps is everything except relaxing... Next time think twice for making comp for what you think thats big... OSDT made it just from flash... LBD make event every friday, and it took no longer then 2h For everything... What have you thinking that i gona fall again on same joke for registering. NO THX

First off there is no promotion, we were denied a sub forum so to consolidate our records we made our own site, and ok you don't need to participate have a nice day.

Quote from J@tko : By doing an event they're providing a service, doing people a favour. Slagging them off because you can't be arsed to register on a website is pretty poor don't you think?

Thank you well put.
Will i going to participate or no its no big deal and i know that xD.
Importand is that even biger names in lfs made comps too and do it more profesionaly, OSDT perhaps inform us litle more a week befour comp, we had 2 days for traning and then flash comp, it wos all done in a 3h max if i remember... And secnd its not about registracion its about they way to made compaticion... How you posably can let the main judge to leave, and have no backup???

I am not going to continue this "Compaticion". You mey ask people and lisnd rummers about this comp... Folks not good... Beter stop it befour Its to late for your reputacion... (Friendly advice) Have a nice day/night, and i wish good luck to everyone in this comp.

D.U.I Drift Series
(262 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG