The online racing simulator
Clickable mini-map
(11 posts, started )
#1 - SamH
Clickable mini-map
For server admins, who are spectating and trying to get around the course, it would be very helpful to be able to click on cars (blocks) in the minimap. For example, you can see that someone is stopped/parked in the chicane by looking at the minimap, but with 20 cars in a race, hitting tab a dozen or more times to find the culprit is frustrating.

(I couldn't see it in the improvements log, and I searched for "click map" and didn't find it here. Apologies if it HAS been suggested before.)
+1

cause i too hate having to search around for someone in particular!
#3 - ORION
I always wanted to be able to grab a car with the mouse cursor, and throw it outta the screen hehe
i think you've been playing to many games with "god mode" turned on
Quote from ORION :I always wanted to be able to grab a car with the mouse cursor, and throw it outta the screen hehe

Hehe you too =)

This would be nice to have, I get tired of tabbing and Shift-tabbing to find the person I want, granted if you don't know their position it's not going to help any.

Another idea for this is when you have the connection list up there is a button that you can click to view their car on track, then there would also probably have to be a way to see who is racing and who is not, maybe have a view car button that changes color when the person is on the track?
#6 - joen
I'm not a server admin but I can imagine this would be quite handy to those that are.
So +1
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#7 - Vain
Quote from Viper93 :Another idea for this is when you have the connection list up there is a button that you can click to view their car on track, then there would also probably have to be a way to see who is racing and who is not, maybe have a view car button that changes color when the person is on the track?

Shouldn't the take over button ("T") be only available on people who are currently in a car?

It'd be pretty cool if you could mouse-over over a player on the minimap and it'd show the name of that driver beside the cursor. Then, when you found the guy you wanted you can click him to select him.

Vain
Quote from thisnameistaken :Scawen worked on Black & White, I'm sure he could add this for you!

Now you ruined the joke.

And this suggestion would be good I think. Only thing what bothers me, and allways with that map, is that it gets blocked by messages. Having a bigger map to center would solve that for admins I suppose.
Quote from SamH :For server admins, who are spectating and trying to get around the course, it would be very helpful to be able to click on cars (blocks) in the minimap. For example, you can see that someone is stopped/parked in the chicane by looking at the minimap, but with 20 cars in a race, hitting tab a dozen or more times to find the culprit is frustrating.

(I couldn't see it in the improvements log, and I searched for "click map" and didn't find it here. Apologies if it HAS been suggested before.)

+1

This would come in very handy.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Scawen worked on Black & White, I'm sure he could add this for you!

Heck, Scawen did the Physics in B&W, and Eric did the Animations, so Eric could put the big bloody hand on and Scawen could implement it... illepall
Quote from Viper93 :Another idea for this is when you have the connection list up there is a button that you can click to view their car on track, then there would also probably have to be a way to see who is racing and who is not, maybe have a view car button that changes color when the person is on the track?

In the connection list you can click on the button that shows controlls and you'll immediately view that car.

And like Vain said, if youre spectating, then T button shows who is on track. And if youre on track then its the opposite, so there's a way to figure it out.

Clickable mini-map
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG