The online racing simulator
Mandatory Training to play online ?
The level of some players on public servers is so bad that I would recommend to use the training option in LFS. Now some of the training exercises are flawed so I would just select some of them to be uploaded to lfsworld and have your license graded to OK/FAST/PRO.

This way, admins could weed out the drivers that have no control over their cars and it would put some value and encourage people to complete the training.

On another note I'd like to suggest a way to make AWD cars more competitive. That way would be to change the weight balance further to the back.

For the RB4, that would be a bit less close to reality but it has the most weight on the front wheels of all TBO. I would just add weight to the rear and some HPs, after all the AWD should be most powerful and heaviest of the class.

For the FXR, the base car is the lightest of the 3, so it wouldn't be so much of a stretch to think that the race car would fall under 1100 Kg and that the ballast would be put in the rear for better balance. As it is now the FXR overuses front tires due to weight and additionnal power to the front. Also to compensate that, it needs to get most of its downforce from the front wing which increases the amount of drag for the same of total downforce.
Mandatory training: it might be considered too restrictive (for some people), although I support the idea:

How about the Training-level check associated with each license as you've stated? The host.cfg could have a line to select the minimum training level required - thay way some could require no training whilst others would require full training.

Maybe the level of completion/how well you did in the training could be stored in-game and checked everytime you go online? Something like that will be automated where uploading your results would be kinda complicated for some users who just want to race online...
Well my goal is more to get people to at least try the training as it shows some basics to driving fast and well, instead of coming directly online and trying to race a car they can't even control.

If you've tried the training, you know that guetting an OK status is basically as simple as keeping the car between the white lines. Of course server admins would be the ones to choose if they require a license.
Quote from DeathItself :Well my goal is more to get people to at least try the training as it shows some basics to driving fast and well, instead of coming directly online and trying to race a car they can't even control.

If you've tried the training, you know that guetting an OK status is basically as simple as keeping the car between the white lines. Of course server admins would be the ones to choose if they require a license.

Getting annoyed with cargame?

I support what you mean, also, some racers should be shown the threads in this forum about blue flags and general race conduct or have some knowledge of racing conduct before allow to on a server.

Also correct me if i wrong, but cargame has limits on how slow you can (laptime) be a lap. So, do under 1:40:48 and it specs you. (i think)
Cargame doesn't spec for slow lap times, there is a limit but it's for a PB to be saved in AIRW.

Personally I wouldn't want to jump through annoying hoops just to play online. The problem isn't so much that players are dangerously bad, but that they're willing to make others suffer for their driving. Either a player understands to not be douchebag by staying out of the way and playing it safe in general, or they don't and I don't want to associate with them based attitude alone, never mind the driving standards.
It's a tough call. While I think that it makes sense in terms of having people understand the basic track rules before they start joining games, the problem is that once a player has handed over their money it's really hard to justify telling them when YOU think they qualify to use the full feature set.

I wouldn't make all of the training necessary (especially the AI races with the current behaviour), but adding a quick 5 or 10 minute session to assess someone's driving style (not skill) with some pointers on what they should have done, might be an interesting idea. I do like the idea of having server restrictions on completed training levels though.

Of course it wouldn't make any difference, because it's easy enough for someone to play nice until they get online and then become a douche.
I've read about people querying LFSW... Perhaps Airio or similar should be able to pull every user's PB for the combo being raced as they log on.

Just send a message to the unqualified that tells them they need to go set a certain time and then kick them.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :I've read about people querying LFSW... Perhaps Airio or similar should be able to pull every user's PB for the combo being raced as they log on.

Just send a message to the unqualified that tells them they need to go set a certain time and then kick them.

This is already a airio feature but disabled on cargame.

Not sure what other server has it enabled but they should, sick of people who don't know how to drive. say, the lx6 and end up hitting you as you attempt to overtake them.
But that's not fair.

It would be much better if lap times and race awareness were kept separate. There must be some way of monitoring behaviour on track. It can't be that much of a stretch (for example) to work out whether someone is blocking a faster car under a blue flag. Likewise, with the way driving lines are tracked it must also be possible to work out when someone is driving erratically.

But being slow is not the same as being a bad driver, and there are plenty of bad drivers with fast lap times.
Quote from Dajmin :Likewise, with the way driving lines are tracked it must also be possible to work out when someone is driving erratically

Never though of this, but with some proper statistics, it could be brilliant.
Quote from Franky.S :This is already a airio feature but disabled on cargame.

Not sure what other server has it enabled

FOX Junkies has it (on) and to be able to race with full server u need to have a pb @ a specific time.

godd idea Harvey.
Practising offline won't really prepare you for racing against other humans though. The reason more experienced people crash less is because they get better at prediction and reading the other drivers.

Yeah it's frustrating sometimes when it seems every race you end up tangling with someone, but sometimes it just happens. Try not to let it wind you up, and if you get angry just go do something else for half an hour and try again later.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :I've read about people querying LFSW... Perhaps Airio or similar should be able to pull every user's PB for the combo being raced as they log on.

And therefore pissing of new people, and they go find another sim were they can play without such annoyances.

Trial and error = greatest lession ever..

Live with it.
Say no to the passing of dumb tutorials for racing multliplayer.

A computer will never act as a human..

Humans react better to other humans.

(The AI is silly with passing anyway)

And it will teach new people how NOT to race. AI is great and it could be lovely to guide you around the track but AI is linear, And will ALWAYS stick to the racing line, There are times you cannot race on the racing line (blue flags, People driving GTR class that will barge you out of the way *Ahem, Cargame*) Or a regular side by side battle, The best way to learn how to drive is by completely obliterating a faster car and getting grilled by a admin and the driver.. AND embarrassing yourself. Best way to learn how to drive in LFS is to crash and shake off, And chalk it up as a learning experience.

I agree that tutorials should be made on Track awareness, Getting corners right (Not clipping the grass may disqualify you.) Like a Staged race, Ever corner is a stage, If you clip the grass, Dirt, Etc, It would be better for learning a track, It wouldn't be a "STOP, you failed" It would kinda be like mastering corners on SHIFT. (I know, Horrible example).

Just my 2 cents. :P

Mandatory Training to play online ?
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG