The online racing simulator
New F1 Series starting soon.
(11 posts, started )
#1 - g7usl
F1 series starting on 22nd October.

LFS Formula 1

A 10 race series run as near as possible to a F1 experience.

No Refuelling allowed only Tyre Change. (checks will be made and
offenders will be penalised)

The amount of laps will be more than fuel allowed, so there must be some
fuel saving somewhere in order to last full race distance

Both Hard and soft tyres MUST be used in every race. Cheats will be
removed from the results.

Rules are the same as F1, it's up to you to become familiar with them!
e;g, Your only allowed to block once per straight and never on bends.

Entries are limited to 32. You may form F1 Teams or fantasy teams if you
want?

I would appreciate a 'Safety Car' driver if anyone would like the job?

Conditions mean, you must be prepared to participate in every race
please?

Race start times will be 21.30 UTC.

Qualifying will be just 20 minutes starting at 21.00 UTC.

The server 'Schumie' will be available always for practising and some
shorter training races in the days between races.

'Schumie' will be passworded 3 days before the race. At other times it
will be open for all.

One race per fortnight.

Races as follows

1. Fern Bay Black (FE4) 29th. October

2. Aston Historic Reverse (AS4R)

3. South City Long Reverse (SO4R)

4. West Hill (WE1)

5. Aston GT Reverse (AS6R)

6. Kyoto National ( KY2)

7. Fern Bay Gold Reverse (FE3R)

8. South City Long (SO4)

9. Blackwood GP (BL1)

10.Kyoto GP Long Reverse (KY3R

Points, same as F1.
1st. 25 Points
2nd 18 Points
3rd. 16 Points
4th. 14 Points
5th. 12 Points
6th. 10 Points
7th. 8 points
8th. 6 points
9th. 4 points
10th. 2 points.
=========================================

Entry below. Only racers entered here will be allowed to compete.

Final dates and amount of laps to be added so keep an eye on this page for changes. I believe everyone participating in this championship will enjoy it. Enter now, limited to 32 competitors. Entry by reciept. First come first served.

Also enter at http://racing.lefora.com/ by registering first.

Prizes are only Kudos and those who love the BF1.
I assume you're banning TC then?
Define:
Quote :Hard and soft tyres

#4 - g7usl
#5 - g7usl
Quote from Eclipsed :Define:

R3 = Soft. R4 = Hard, I thought everyone already knew that? R2's are just quali tyres.
Quote from g7usl :No, it's impossible to detect.

I think it is possible via InSim, am I right?
Quote from g7usl :Points, same as F1.
1st. 25 Points
2nd 18 Points
3rd. 16 Points
4th. 14 Points
5th. 12 Points
6th. 10 Points
7th. 8 points
8th. 6 points
9th. 4 points
10th. 2 points.

For your information, The current FIA points system is 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1.

Quote from g7usl :No, it's impossible to detect.

Actually, you can easily track TC usage, IIRC a LED is turned on on the wheel whenever it kicks off. Perhaps a few random post-race checks(although you can easily turn-it on and off while driving) could prevent people from doing it. Maybe some insim(Airio perhaps?) can do the job too, not sure about it.

Quote from g7usl :R3 = Soft. R4 = Hard, I thought everyone already knew that? R2's are just quali tyres.

Sorry for being a bit picky on that one... But that's just a matter of name. R3s can last 250-300 kilometers on most tracks, with no major pace loss at any point(though we do know that LFS' tyre behaviour on long distance isn't very accurte). A bit much for a "soft" tyre. Meanwhile, the R4 is so hard, it just can't be an option on most tracks, when R3s are allowed.

Now after all, sometimes last year Bridgestone's softer compound brought to F1 races could do a whole race distance, so oh well
#8 - Bean0
Quote from Flame CZE :I think it is possible via InSim, am I right?

It was possible to leave the pits with TC off, then turn it on and not get kicked.
Scawen did say he would look into it when the most recent test patches were about, but I'm unsure if it got fixed or not.

Edit: @Yann - The TC light should be constantly lit to indicate that it is turned off, with it enabled the light only flashes on when the TC is doing its stuff.
#9 - g7usl
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :For your information, The current FIA points system is 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1.

Actually, you can easily track TC usage, IIRC a LED is turned on on the wheel whenever it kicks off. Perhaps a few random post-race checks(although you can easily turn-it on and off while driving) could prevent people from doing it. Maybe some insim(Airio perhaps?) can do the job too, not sure about it.

Sorry for being a bit picky on that one... But that's just a matter of name. R3s can last 250-300 kilometers on most tracks, with no major pace loss at any point(though we do know that LFS' tyre behavior on long distance isn't very accurate). A bit much for a "soft" tyres. Meanwhile, the R4 is so hard, it just can't be an option on most tracks, when R3s are allowed.

Now after all, sometimes last year Bridgestone's softer compound brought to F1 races could do a whole race distance, so oh well

Thank you for your observations and advise however since I am the only one who is managing this series, it will be as i have said.
The invitations are open, if you want to race the whole series with us, join.
If you only want to 'hot-lap' and then, don't bother joining. This is being run for enjoyment only and for a sense of achievement.
If it proves popular, I will even consider quali taking place the day before, the same way as the present Formula 1 sequence with eliminations.
This series has some massive flaws. Some people listed some of them already but. The fuel saving idea feels just not right. You have to slow down a lot in a lap to make noticeable change in consumption. There are no mixture settings in LFS so... it's quite not thought over.

And so far the date is not fancy either. We planned the Nations World League's first round to the exact day.
Quote from Kristi :This series has some massive flaws. Some people listed some of them already but. The fuel saving idea feels just not right. You have to slow down a lot in a lap to make noticeable change in consumption. There are no mixture settings in LFS so... it's quite not thought over.

And so far the date is not fancy either. We planned the Nations World League's first round to the exact day.

The Fuel Saving is active in F1. You just need to ease your pace for a few laps, just as they do in reality in order to finish the race.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG