The online racing simulator
Radio for Live For Speed
(14 posts, started )

Poll : Radio For LFS

No thank, i want listen to my own music.
Yes i'll like to have a LFS radio.
Radio for Live For Speed
Hello all, I was thinking about new things for lfs and maybe will this as a good idea, bacuase its just an idea, i hopen that everyone like this.

I'll like if you vote for this.

1st Yes, i'll like to have an LFS Radio.
2nd No Thanks, i like to listen to my own music.
No thanks. Everybody has an own music taste, hence probably has some hits on their HDD to make the mood for driving.
Total radio for LFS is not needed. Everyone has different tastes.
Funny little talk show with lfs'rs wouldn't be a bad idea that runs for a hour. Could discuss races and such.
I dont see any point in this except there would be an option to listen some internet radios ingame, so you would not listen to that internet radio from your music player but straight from LFS.... but I don´t know to imagine it at the moment.
I'm really interested in this, as long as there's some radio links in there (radio links = someone talking on the air, can be a radio game or funny link, promoting a league race, etc.).
An all-music radio station would be boring after a while, and to satisfy everybody you'd have to set some sort of schedule for each type of music. (This isn't as complex as it seems, though)

Quote from Sueycide_FD :Funny little talk show with lfs'rs wouldn't be a bad idea that runs for a hour. Could discuss races and such.

pretty much this would be great.
where is the "whats the point" option in the poll.

If you want to listen to the radio, either
A. Turn on an actual radio
B. open your favourite internet radio software prior to opening LFS.

Why does every cruiser want to derail LFS development and turn it into Grand Theft Auto, Need for Speed or some other non racing game?
well you can install your own music to LFS with a ogg converter web radio also does not take that much power that it influences LFS in a bad way... so it's just a toy
Quote from gandlers :where is the "whats the point" option in the poll.

If you want to listen to the radio, either
A. Turn on an actual radio
B. open your favourite internet radio software prior to opening LFS.

Why does every cruiser want to derail LFS development and turn it into Grand Theft Auto, Need for Speed or some other non racing game?

+2 Its a race sim not a radio show
Radio
I can't think of one reason why I would want to listen to the radio while I'm on a race track.

This is a race sim, you need your full concentration on racing.

You need to be able to hear your engine, the squeal of the tyres (one method LFS uses to give you feedback/feel that is missing from the real experience), you need to hear the sound of other cars near to you as well to help avoid contact.

So apart from cruising, which seems totally pointless to me anyway, I can't think of a single good reason for a radio feature.
Well personally i have a vast collection of my fav music my fav radio stations which i listen most of the time so I dont need radio in game, but I remember some time ago when I was playing on cruise server there were a few dudes who streamed music, just because they liked it.

So If you want radio in game just find someone who going to stream something and if you want live talk then again find someone who is going to talk and thats all.
Its basically what you want right?
Bad idea, been suggested before. Never took off. Either iTunes or Teamspeak. I don't want Heart FM presented by a forum member, thankyou.
TC servers have a thing like that, its nothing but eminiem and crap that all theese acne ridden teenagers are into, personaly i use Pandora Internet Radio, i can pick the genre of music i want to listen to, and drive.

Radio for Live For Speed
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG