The online racing simulator
Giving Up for MS Trust
(80 posts, started )
Giving Up for MS Trust
Having lost two friends to multiple sclerosis including a best friend I care very much about the work of MS Trust who provide invaluable care for people for people suffering from MS and fund research into finding cures for this debilitating condition.

Today on my drive to work a great idea occurred to me, as a smoker of over 20 years and a self confessed complete addict I thought raising money for MS Trust would be a great motivator to quit the habit.

So I'm asking everyone to make a donation for each day I'm successful in quitting smoking for the first week.

I'm already raising well over £20/day and I thought I would extend an invitation to you - my car racing friends - to help this important work happen for people who really need it.

Would you be kind enough to pledge a donation for each successful day in the first week?

Post your pledges please, and we'll sort out either paypal donations (via the big donation i'm making or you can donate directly at http://www.mstrust.org.uk/) on Monday 3rd October (conveniently right after payday!)
Quote from Becky Rose :
Post your pledges please, and we'll sort out either paypal donations on Monday 3rd September (conveniently right after payday!)

wat

I'm not going to donate, because spend enough on charities already. I wish you the best of luck though.
Dammit, it's first dates I usually screw up, not thirds!
So far I am raising around £300 by the end of the week. LFS players are responsible for £0 of that, even including the ones on my Facebook. Infact so far LFSrs as a group have only managed to be negative about it.

What's up with you tight fisted bastards?

It's a worthy cause, and a tough challenge and I'm calling you out to do your part.
#5 - doyal
Charity begins at home.

If we wanted to donate to a cause, we would fine our own way to do so.

You are no better than the annoying people that knock on your door and spend 5 minutes pleaing for a donation.

Just because you lost friends to MS, does not mean we should all donate to that specific charity.
Quote from Becky Rose :So far I am raising around £300 by the end of the week. LFS players are responsible for £0 of that, even including the ones on my Facebook. Infact so far LFSrs as a group have only managed to be negative about it.

It's a worthy cause, and a tough challenge and I'm calling you out to do your part.

You come across as a really arrogant cow.

And your a filthy fkn smoker to boot.

How about you piss off and let me decide how i spend the money i have earned. Just imagine all that money you wasted on being a smoker that could have gone to this charity you now suddenly support.

Actually i have an idea. Im going to give up wanking everyday and you can donate for everyday im successful. All proceeds to the Taliban.
#7 - Juzaa
Quote from Becky Rose :So far I am raising around £300 by the end of the week. LFS players are responsible for £0 of that, even including the ones on my Facebook. Infact so far LFSrs as a group have only managed to be negative about it.

There are currently millions of worthy causes. Unfortunately, I'm not a billionaire.
Also, What has you not smoking got to do with supporting MS? I give my money where I think it affects the most and I give my money straight to the NP-organizations, not to some hobos collecting money ''for'' the organization. (most likely themselves) I wouldn't care if you smoked hundreds of cigarettes a day for the rest of your life. That has nothing to do with supporting anything. IF you want to be a ''good person'' just quit the smoking and give the same amount of money you used to smoking for the NP-organization of your choice and GTFO.
Quote from Becky Rose :

I think people misinterpreted you because you forgot to tell how trustworthy person you are.

Next time also say you're Nigerian, that adds literally a bunch of credibility.
yeahnah.

prefer to spend my money on better things.
Quote from Becky Rose :What's up with you tight fisted bastards?

:mad:

Nobody will donate after reading this. I agree with the others btw.
I won't be donating or having a go at you either but I will say if you're serious about quitting you should call the NHS Smokefree number and try to get on one of their courses. I'd never been able to quit successfully before but with the advice and most importantly the drugs, it was so much easier. That was March 2009, I haven't smoked since.

It's worth doing. Quite apart from the health benefits, life is so much easier and less stressful when you don't smoke.
Quote from Klutch :yeahnah.

prefer to spend my money on better things.

Not sure heroin is a better thing, tbh.
Backy (see what I did there) is only trying to raise money for a good cause. Now whether you guys want to donate or not is your choice but really there aren't half some arrogant dicks about.

Backy (haha) is not asking for donations for her quitting smoking. She is asking for donations for a CHARITY for which she is doing something for (quite like when an associate at work will ask for some money for zip-lining across a river or something.

When normally you would say "sure here's £5" for something that they will enjoy doing, you are doing the same but instead of going "WOOOHOOO" or "WEEEEE", Backy will be going "ARGH" as she tears her hair and arms off from the cravings. So I don't see why some of the arsey people on this forum are getting all...arsey?

I would donate but unfortunately have NO money at all (-£298.78 in my bank if you want to know). Goodluck with the quitting and the donating.
Indeed, why are everyone jumping on her (excuse for the expression)? Would consider a donate but currently busy keeping my own ass on the lifeline+no credit card.
I don't know but when I saw this thread, I felt like slappin' a 'ho.:splat:
?
Quote from BullHorn :I don't know but when I saw this thread, I felt like slappin' a 'ho.:splat:

Care to explain why you are slapping prostitutes with fishes?
Couldn't find the latex glove, bro.

Speaking of smoking - You should save the money you used to spent on smoking and buy Marijuana. That shizz helps MS.
If we didn't have to taxes on everything then maybe donations wouldn't be such an issue
Exactly, without taxes other issues such as "the country has no money to pay police, doctors and nurses, local councils, build roads, help subsidize housing...and basically everything else.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :..snip...So I don't see why some of the arsey people on this forum are getting all...arsey?

I'm only guessing here but it might just be because she called everyone "tight fisted bastards"

Before she made that post there was 1 (one) reply and I wouldn't call that arsey.

Bob Geldolf holds the monopoly on "Give us your F***ing money now"
Quote from menantoll :I'm only guessing here but it might just be because she called everyone "tight fisted bastards"

I'm only guessing here but it might just be that "expression" was not meant in insulting way, at least i didn't felt touched by this.
But it seems you have to but j/k, joke or sarcasm behind everything you write on these forums, bleh it's lfsforums afterall, attacking and insulting eachother is a common way...
Quote from -NightFly- :I'm only guessing here but it might just be that "expression" was not meant in insulting way, at least i didn't felt touched by this.
But it seems you have to but j/k, joke or sarcasm behind everything you write on these forums, bleh it's lfsforums afterall, attacking and insulting eachother is a common way...

I can't argue with any of that.

As a wise man once said to me "The internet, you write the words, they decide the emotion. Sucks!"
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Exactly, without taxes other issues such as "the country has no money to pay police, doctors and nurses, local councils, build roads, help subsidize housing...and basically everything else.

There are plenty of lower tax & more libertarian countries that obliterate us on infrastructure and healthcare. Don't believe the Guardian 'punish the rich' hype.

Lower taxes breeds greater charity. It's an almost set in stone fact those who are taxed less are more likely to donate to good causes.

Either way, don't expect people to be charitable when they are taxed through the teeth.
Quote from Intrepid :There are plenty of lower tax & more libertarian countries that obliterate us on infrastructure and healthcare. Don't believe the Guardian 'punish the rich' hype.

Lower taxes breeds greater charity. It's an almost set in stone fact those who are taxed less are more likely to donate to good causes.

Either way, don't expect people to be charitable when they are taxed through the teeth.

Most charities ask for like £2-10 a month. So that's like 50p-£2.50 a week. Seriously telling me the fact I pay 22% of my income away on tax, then council TAX, then fuel TAX, then road fund license TAX, then value added TAX on top of stamp duty TAX.....and then can't afford that added "stress"? I was actually donating to the NPSCC for about 8 months... I stopped recently but starting again in December.

If I was taxed less I would donate no more or no less. But that's just me. Anyway it wasn't a Guardian. I don't even read newspapers, they are full of corruption and they are never the overall picture.

Besides my post did not mention bands, simply said that tax is a necessary part of the functionality of the country. I mean look at France, their top earners ASKED to be paid more tax....

Quote from menantoll :I can't argue with any of that.

As a wise man once said to me "The internet, you write the words, they decide the emotion. Sucks!"

Yup, all too true!

Giving Up for MS Trust
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG