The online racing simulator
Ford concept E-Bike
(14 posts, started )
Ford concept E-Bike
Cool Battery technology will have to come a long way I think, and even if it does, a 5.5lb weight looks incredibly optimistic! But I guess who knows what the future will hold.
I wouldn't like to carry my phone around on the front all the time, around most of the places I have to ride.
Kinda stupid concept IMO, where's the improvement over your normal electric bike?
the 53 mile range I'd say
Hmmmm, FRONT? wheel drive?

Just as well there are no plans to actually try to sell it.
All attempts at front wheel drive for motorcycles at least have been utter disasters, I can't see a bicycle being any different other than you will crash slower, very bad juju designs.

Good try though Ford, but stick to cars I think,
#9 - Puhba

Last time i checked, america wouldent try eco.
Can't see 5.5 lb happening with Li-Ion having 115 watt-hours per 1 pound.
Even if that bike would be made just of batteries, it would have just 650 watt-hours.. it'd drain battery in a hour with less than 1 horsepower of output.
Quote from shorty943 :Hmmmm, FRONT? wheel drive?

Just as well there are no plans to actually try to sell it.
All attempts at front wheel drive for motorcycles at least have been utter disasters, I can't see a bicycle being any different other than you will crash slower, very bad juju designs.

Good try though Ford, but stick to cars I think,

It's AWD. Can't you see the chain connected to the rear wheel?
So is this a new way to cheat the Tour De France, or another way for Americans to get even more fat?
The quoted weight is for the frame only, not the whole bicycle.

Quote from PMD9409 :So is this a new way to cheat the Tour De France, or another way for Americans to get even more fat?

I don't think many Americans used a bicycle anyway. If I remember correctly the percentage of all travels done by bicycle doesn't even reach 1%.
Quote from PMD9409 :So is this a new way to cheat the Tour De France, or another way for Americans to get even more fat?

Quote :The Concept E-Bike was developed in conjunction with cyber-Wear, the German company that runs Ford's Lifestyle Collection (marketing products) such as sunglasses, watches, jackets, gloves etc. The idea it appears, is to use the E-Bike as a marketing tool to show off Ford’s ability to produce cutting edge technology.

i wonder if they demo it to the public

Ford concept E-Bike
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG