The online racing simulator
Unlocking older versions?
(12 posts, started )
Hello! Is it legal to use third-party tools to unlock older versions of LFS [S1H in this situation]? If it is, please remove one unlock from mine account. Thanks.
i dont know but it would be nice to let them still be unockable...
If you already have a legit s2 license, which you have, then i suppose *technically* you aren't actually doing anything wrong because you already paid for your license.

The best way to check for sure would be to wait for a dev to pop his head in this thread, or email them.
yeah cause i would love to unlock some older stuff
Yeah the old versions are fun, i did once have the very first version of LFS on my pc, and it was good fun in a nostalgic kinda way, as it shows how far LFS really has progressed and improved since those early days.
#6 - Jakg
It is not officially supported by any means, but no-ones gonna know as all it does is change the files LFS would if it's being unlocked.
LFS S1E was AWESOME!
I am sorry to dig this thread up from veeery deep down, but I have exactly the same question if it is in any legal way possible to unlock old versions or alternatively to watch the MP replays of old S1 versions. I started playing LFS even before S1 was out (different account back then), so I have great replays of about every S1 version and I would love to watch them after this many years.

Sorry for posting in case that question has already been answered in a different thread. Any hint in the right direction is very appreciated - thanks!

BR,
Oliver
Thanks a lot you two! I have to admit to have been away from LFS for quite some time. I read something about this version, but somehow I didnt think S1E replays would work with it. New version => byebye old replays is still in my mind, but now I am not even sure if that was with S2 or S1 patches - I am getting old

Now the nostalgic LFS S1 replay night can begin. Seeing my old avatar and sig in this forum already resulted in having a huge smile in my face.

Scarven, Eric and Victor: thank you for this magnificent piece of software. When you said that there will only be 3 stages of LFS, I was very, very sad, but you already made it last for almost a decade and I suppose S3 is not even anywhere near the horizon

Too bad, I have 2 independant set of pedals while I can't find the PSU for my wheel. Otherwise I would have gone for FXO on SO1, where I spent like 3 years of my free time Hotlapping for the Top10 and finally getting there was one of the most determined things I did so far, haha

Race on!
> Too bad, I have 2 independant set of pedals while I can't find the PSU for my wheel.

Which wheel is it? For some wheels, you can use generic 12V PSU from anything like a router / external HDD enclosure / LCD monitor, there are thousands of things that use 12V.
If you don't have spare 12V PSU, you can get a decent one for not-so-much ($15 with free delivery) here.

If it's not 12V, there's still possible to find a replacement, just not as easy :P

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG