The online racing simulator
Live for Speed
(50 posts, started )
Live for Speed
I finally finished another movie - with the inventive name 'Live for Speed'. so far it's only available at youtube and megashares.com but I'm sure I can offer a direct download link soon.

download: (248 MB, 3:50 min length)
se-racing.net <- ddl!

stream:
YouTube (not available in germany)

thanks to everyone who helped me out with replays (especially to e2mustang who uploaded big parts of his mpr folder for me). hope you guys enjoy this!

edit: thanks to e2mustang we got it on youtube now, as well! (at least for those of us who live outside germany - it's blocked in here because of the music)
edit2: ..and thanks to turbofreak we now got a direct link to the avi-file
I'd recommend you to get a account over at vimeo for future use
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :I'd recommend you to get a account over at vimeo for future use

oh right, totally forgot about that one.. I think I even have (had?) an account there, I'll try to find out as soon as I got some more time, thx
cool moments. thanks
I love how the song comes down with the shot of one of public race crashes of mine. I remember I was having horrible luck that day, crashing out 4 races in a row, but I never got bothered over that, even joking with sbb about it to go out and win 5th and last one before track change. The massage is perfect.
Really cool stuff Jens.
Very nice my friend ! it was good to watch this coz it brought back a lot of good memories to me ! and i thank you for that
#7 - Litro
Where can see video without download?
No where. The author or where not downloaded yet.
Jens, you've got a good hand on racing movies.
I'm pretty surprised of this smoothness in this video, looks everything worked pefectly.
Also massive footage you used, but some of them may be recorded better in terms of camera. The only thing I didn't like are these beginning fonts, just too big and cheap imo. But this idea was good.
Some small things I could crizise, I think don't have to cuz' I'm sure you will do better next time.
Good vid Jens, nice to see something again from you.
Keep it up.
thanks for all the feedback! I had decided on a song already in february and started working on the movie, then. whenever creativity dropped, I took a few days/weeks/months break .. I think this had a good influence on the outcome, usually after publishing my videos I find lots of parts where I just seemed to be in a rush and put something together too quickly. but this time I'm kind of happy with the result on the whole.

Quote from Litro :Where can see video without download?

sorry, there is no stream available and I don't know if I am going to offer one. but may I ask, what is the problem with downloading the avi-file (you can still delete it after watching it)? too big file? or afraid of getting a virus? just curious..

Quote from FireMike15 :The only thing I didn't like are these beginning fonts, just too big and cheap imo.

about the sequences in the beginning: I wondered about the 'too cheap' things too. I wanted to try something I hadn't done before and tried a lot of different phrases, finally I ended up using those really short and simple ones so I wouldn't have to show each phrase for like 10 seconds .. also I thought it matches with the 3 final words, 'live for speed.' - I was not sure how well it worked out, so I gladly take comments on that part, thanks
EDIT: .. or did I get it wrong, are we talking about the fonts (and colours) themselves here, not about the content of the phrases?
@ Jens,
Just how they look like. The idea of using phrases was quite good, the optic of them could be made better.
Quote from FireMike15 :@ Jens,
Just how they look like. The idea of using phrases was quite good, the optic of them could be made better.

okay I see.. first I thought about designing the phrases the lfs-way .. but then I thought it will take too much time (for me as a photoshop/gimp-noob), also to me the lfs-colours alone seemed to be enough of a hint what could be the last of the four phrases .. but, I agree on your point, it does look a bit too simple
u want me to upload on utube?
HERE it is on youtube
Yay for the drift part. Awesome video as always, Jens.
Very nice job Jens,enjoyed every bit of it. Only one thing,and it's not big deal,but...low res skins?It kinda ruins the video a bit...but all-in-all,great job mate!
I really like it. Very nice shots which involve you into the video and you can't turn it off.. because waiting for other epic shot.
thanks again, guys!

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yay for the drift part.

thanks, I thought the video will be long enough so I can cover the drift-part of lfs life as well - would have put a few rally sequences in, too, but I did not find proper footage..

Quote from prOmo_LTU :...low res skins?It kinda ruins the video a bit...

it already takes ages to find the skins that are not on lfsworld any longer and cause white cars. you don't believe how often it happens in league replays that after 2 weeks or so that happens with big parts of the cars - because a lot of teams use to have a skin structur like car_teamname,driver,event,round,edition5c,beta or something .. so basically a special skin just for the event - which is taken down after the race. in that case I try to find any other teamskin for that car - if I now started replacing all the lower-resolution skins with high-res ones, I'd spend half of my life browsing through the lfs forum.. and unfortunately I'm a little too busy for that .. so I focus on the actual movie making and only try to avoid white cars.
but I agree, those low-res skins are a pain in the eye, especially when using onboard-cameras or close-up shots :\
Pure awesomness! Great job Jens O. - incredibly good footages, imho perfect camera usage.
omg loved that barrel roll at 3:28!
Especially loved the part when two cars appeared from both sides of the car that was on focus in the middle of the screen. Great work!
Quote from Sobis :omg loved that barrel roll at 3:28!

Quote from Derbis1990 :Especially loved the part when two cars appeared from both sides of the car that was on focus in the middle of the screen. Great work!

I already mentioned it for my previous movie, but again I love how people like totally different scenes.. but both ones took me quite a while to record and arrange this way, I can tell
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :I'd recommend you to get a account over at vimeo for future use

Agreed...

Because...

Quote : Unfortunately, this UMG music-content is not available in Germany, because GEMA has not granted the respective music publishing rights.

(I'm getting sick of that message )

Live for Speed
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG