The online racing simulator
#1 - NEOLY
What's the best time we can hope for an AI on aston club with FBM ?
Because everybody tell that the AI are slow , I was curious to know how slow they really are ... On Aston club with a FBM and the mode sets to PRO , the best I can get for an AI will be 1.09.94 with a good setup , and effectively it's pretty slow ... with another setup , by example the default setup , I will get for sure a time on 1.10.XX ...

So since there are no way to train the AI , does someone have been able to make an AI with a FBM on aston club , quicker that this 1.09.94 ????

If really we are in pro mode , they should turn at least 2 seconds quicker to make it more interesting ?
Of course , LFS is an online racing game , but because AI still exists it will be interesting to make it improve or just know a way to make them going faster to more have fun .
Racing against quick AI could learn to many people how to get a cleaner driving , even if this one is very aggressive .before to race online and make the race looks like sometimes to arcade game .
Quote from NEOLY :...So since there are no way to train the AI ...

Wrong. Give them a few hours Practice and their times will improve.
You could also try to throw a slightly slower Car into the Mix so they can practice a few overtaking lines.
Just tried it with an ai in pro mode and a good set and it runs 1.07.xx
Attached images
ai-aston.JPG
#4 - NEOLY
Thanks for the reply ... I am a little bit surprised to see it can drive in 1.07.07 ... but I will try it ... following the test I did , I only made them run on approximately 100 laps in few times ... so I guess they need to turn very more .... effectively maybe few hours ...

I thank that the fact to add slow cars will help them to improve to pass another cars ( I mean their behavior in the race ) but not about the performance on a clear lap .

And sorry but I thank we couldn't train them , I've read it somewhere .
I knew it was possible in older version but the knw files had changed ...
Anyway , it's good to know , they are going to turn quicker , I will do a try letting them turn few hours in many races and see the result ...

Thanks ...
I'm not sure if the ai improve or not, I hardly ever use single player just tried it to see what time the ai would set, that was the ai's first lap. tried it a couple of times and the ai is extremely consistent setting 1.07.07 every lap

the set I gave it is the as2 hotlap set from http://www.setupgrid.net/1/setup/hotlap/get/FBM@AS2, download it and try giving your ai that set.
#6 - NEOLY
I've tried with five FBM using the two setups given on this link and a personal setup for the last car . I used many different load of fuel for each cars and on the first qualify the best time is 1.06.81 and 1.07.12 for my setup but the best time is not done by the car having the less fuel .

Nevertheless I have no idea why before I couldn't down under 1.09.94 . Anyway it's a good news to see they can be a bit quicker .

I will try now to make them run on 200 laps and do again a qualify session to see if really there are some improvements or not ?
This is unlikely, because the AI has no intelligence. They are not able to develop. If they give the optimal conditions for the AI will go quickly, but not quickly wr.
#8 - NEOLY
The best lap was in 1.06.82 in qualify and after 200 laps of training in the condition of race , at the next qualify session , the best time down to 1.06.72 .
All AI seem to have improved a little , but ... very very little ... Nevertheless 200 laps for 0.1s in average ... Effectively in these conditions , I don't think we could see a AI drive under the 1.06.5 or 1.06.00.

I agree with the previous post of AudiTT to tell that in the optimum situation , the ai can eventually improve a very little bit but never they could drive in 1.05 as the world record or even near of it .
It will be nice that in Pro mode their best time can at least reach the benchmark of the hotlaps ( 1.06.2 in this case ) .
wr 1:04.300. If they would be at least +0.5 and 1.5 sec to wr whole distance of the race, it is already something!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG