The online racing simulator
XRG... how do you drive it?
(20 posts, started )
I really want to learn how to corner this car property.

Every time i touch the throttle no matter how smoothly the back is coming out and i have to compensate for the over steer than here comes the wheel work.

Even if I come into the corner tight and smooth I still cant get it not to exit the corner straight without the tail end kicking out.
probably its a set issue,ask around on server for a good set and try to apply less throttle at exits?
Lower the rear spring stiffness, and take air out of the rear tires. This will give the rear more grip (in exchange for a little slower times, but it is better than crashing or sliding around I assume ). Continue to drop it until you can handle it, and then slowly start to raise it up as much as you can until you can barely handle it, and just keep trying. I have the same issue you do with the XRT
one good advice is to change differentials. for a start you can use the viscous lsd (and the viscous torque around 11) thats how I started. Or you can try the locked diff. which in my case is a bit faster. Both reduced my sliding around the track
Thanks.

I must say less stiffness and tyre pressure helped a lot, but it feels like the car rolls through the corner.

Also locked diff made any sliding very predictable, but i still have rear end coming out little bit if i exit full throttle. It must be the line Im taking.
#6 - robt
Could always try a clutch pack LSD, put coast lock to 80% (or whatever is highest) and power lock to about 25%. should solve your problem.
Quote from robt :put coast lock to 80% (or whatever is highest) and power lock to about 25%.

Aint "power" = throttle on and "coast" = throttle off?

Then why have it locked to 80% while coasting? I have no idea how it works, so this is just a question
#8 - Tango
taken from wiki manual...
So a higher coast setting will both reduce the chance of a single wheels locking up under braking, and the difference that lift-off oversteer makes to the car balance. Likewise a higher power setting will reduce the chance of a single wheel spinning under power but will increase power oversteer in RWD cars. As a rule of thumb, having the power side set low and the coast high makes a car easy to drive, while high power and low coast is fastest – so adjust to your skill and taste.

basically,if you increase the coast figure then its easier to control under hard braking BUT you will lose some braking performance from the engine.i normally use between 40-70 depending on car and track.
if you have a lower setting on power,it will make it easier to drive out of corners but some power may be lost through the unloaded tyre breaking traction and spinning up,i normally keep it between 25-50.
if you have big gaps between ratios,when you shift down it can cause the driven wheels to lock,when turning in on a rwd car,sometimes it can help a little to reduce understeer,again car and track determine your setup.
im afraid they arent many setups that work on all tracks,the differences can make a big difference on certain tracks.
Tango
#9 - robt
Quote from Feffe85 :Aint "power" = throttle on and "coast" = throttle off?

Then why have it locked to 80% while coasting? I have no idea how it works, so this is just a question

Mainly to try and help the oversteer issue, should iradicate lift off/coast oversteer in the setup and also the low power lock should stop him going sideways when you put your foot down. The diff settings can make a lot of difference in the XRG.
IMO theres no way to help you. It comes out of experience. You just need to look alot of different replays, download setups that you think suit you. It will come with time.
Quote from robt :Your right foot can make a lot of difference in the FR cars.

Settings won't do miracles at some point.
Best way to do is:

- Apply full throttle when going to the corner.
- Just before the corner push the clutchpedal
- Hold the clutch pedal en while you do that pull the handbrake
- Countersteer and again apply full throttle.
- If you sence there is a powerloss, press and depress very rapidly the clutchpedal, you will notice a loss in traction.

#13 - robt
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Settings won't do miracles at some point.

not so true.......any FR car can be driven on keys without needing a steady smooth right foot. (and not with slow button rates either) just need to know how to set the car up
i drive it sideways and half on the grass
but do this...
Quote :Lower the rear spring stiffness, and take air out of the rear tires.

also slacken off your rear anti-roll bar
Quote from Welcome_To_Hell :Also locked diff made any sliding very predictable, but i still have rear end coming out little bit if i exit full throttle. It must be the line Im taking.

Speaking of the line, I can give you a drivers tip. It's very important to have car taken set before you get back on power, especially with RWD. I can not describe you how this should look like, it's something you just feel when it's there. You will probably find it with experience.
I think what N I K I is trying to say is, there is a certain point of "slip" that shouldn't be countersteered, And when you come out of a corner, There is a point where the car is ready for the next "Command" And after the weight transfers settle, You can get on the gas.

That's what i do. anyway.
Getting the line
When I started with XRG I had the same issue regardless of the set - there are plenty of good sets in the net.

For RWD it is essential to position the car correctly in the corner before you accelarate. Generally when you hit the trottle you should have already begun to ease the steering.

Go on-line and spectate from drivers view in some of the fast cars - you will notice that they take slightly a different line from the one that LFS has as default.

To be fast with XRG you need to slide into the corner, get the grip just before the apex and than accelaret without drifting. Handbrake comes handy at turn one and after the straight some times.

Practice, practice & practice ; - )

PS Just for info - I have a 1.33 time.
Everyone is talking about set so I shall talk about your line.

Try brake a bit later and take a late apex, straighten the car and accelerate. Your corner entry speed might be slower than taking the usual apex, but your higher exit speed will compensate for it.

http://www.drivingfast.net/ima ... racing-line/late-apex.jpg
Powerslide it everywhere, it's much more fun anyway
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Everyone is talking about set so I shall talk about your line.

Try brake a bit later and take a late apex, straighten the car and accelerate. Your corner entry speed might be slower than taking the usual apex, but your higher exit speed will compensate for it.

http://www.drivingfast.net/ima ... racing-line/late-apex.jpg

This is a nice picture - the default LFS line is the geometric one.

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG