The online racing simulator
Klaus Raceway
(16 posts, started )
Klaus Raceway
Klaus Raceway is a demanding circuit with a combination of long straights, long sweeping corners, and series of tight corners. It was designed to host SAE championships, using the MRT class kart. The lap takes approx. 1:06 to complete in the MRT, but it is not limited to just karting. The wide track gives ample room for touring cars and the long straights are ideal for open-wheelers. The design also leaves room for drift competitions, with plenty of run-off on featured corners, and exposed posted outer barriers in some areas.

The design itself is based off a random karting track (Karting Circuit Amckart Tunari) I found by browsing Google Earth. The corners were mainly left in tack, and the track was disected and adjusted to fit in the AU1 L-shaped layout.

Take a look at the screens, klaus_raceway.jpg is from it's 99.9% finished state, and klaus_design.jpg is my layout plan... it turned out just as I wanted it, using up all 512 objects! Infact I really need more to make some outer boundaries more prominent, so I'll try reshuffle some tonight and then I'll post the .lyt file then. Stay tuned!

edit: Layout file posted below!
Attached images
klaus_raceway.jpg
klaus_design.jpg
Looks very nice! Im waiting ..
waiting the Layout... looks really good...
It looks wonderful, waiting on it also.
#5 - bbman
Might be the first layout I would really try out...
Common Burnzoire! We want to test it out now!
oops sorry, it's been sitting around for a while

Hope you enjoy it!
Attached files
AU1_klausraceway.lyt - 4 KB - 1291 views
Woho great track! Should be very nice for online races ..
thanks kronvall - please let me know how you go with it online. I'm not very good at it - I get beaten at my own track all the time! There are quite a few tricky places though, where you can't quite go full throttle which will catch you out.

Let me know if anyone would like more of this kind of track. It took a while to do as I placed almost every piece with precision - you'll notice that the track has a 30* slant to it, no piece of track simply goes off in an arbitary direction. So anyway, it takes time but I think it's worth it. Any suggestions for a 2nd raceway?
Quote from scania :http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=12258&d=1151632786
How to make it?

there's an old track editor for S1 that I found - it didn't work with S2 but I managed to scavange the bird's eye view of the track for my preliminary designs in photoshop. So from that I pasted a screenshot of the satellite image of the track, & then manipulated it to my liking. Then I traced the inner & outer edges of the track with splines. It really helped to get things right before I started placing objects in the editor.
Awesome track burnzoire.
I've played on this track with many people online. Very fun
anyone else try it? There were a few of you waiting...
I've been using it for a while. Pretty fun. Mostly been driving it with MRT, but tonight I might be setting up a small trackday tonight with some fellow racers of mine, and we would be using some roadcars probably. But anything goes.
yay

Hope it provides some good racing!
Quote from Tweaker :I've been using it for a while. Pretty fun. Mostly been driving it with MRT, but tonight I might be setting up a small trackday tonight with some fellow racers of mine, and we would be using some roadcars probably. But anything goes.

Tweak, if you do do that, I want in, I love the track and it'd be fun to use it with some people.

Klaus Raceway
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG