Domestic Violence.
(47 posts, started )
Domestic Violence.
Couple links I wanted to share on the topic of domestic violence. However, not against females, but against men.

"Damage"

And a reddit link with a lot of crazy, crazy stories.

Thoughts on this?

I think its freaking stupid how women are almost never seen in the wrong when it comes to domestic violence. They can abuse you, punch you and even try to cut you, yet the cops will most likely take you away because she will simply say she was, "scared". Some of those stories literally made my blood boil. So much bullshit in today's society.
If a woman wants to act like a man, she deserves to be treated as one.
Too bad the majority of the society and the law in general, probably wont agree with that. Thats where the problem lies.
Quote from runeman :If a woman wants to act like a man, she deserves to be treated as one.

QFT

And tried as one.
Quote from DevilDare :Too bad the majority of the society and the law in general, probably wont agree with that. Thats where the problem lies.

He /She who swings first..It's not black and white or he she said.
The guy in the first post has one hell of a calm personality...

Who here would stand there and just "ask to please get out of the way", after someone has glassed you? Theres more to the story imo

I dont know about anyone else, but if someone glassed me and then waved the stem in a threatening/stabbing way they'd be on the ground so fast with the stem at there throat while i called the police with my free hand lol
-
(RiseAgainstMe!) DELETED by RiseAgainstMe! : fafdafdsfdafdafsdafafafsadgsdfgdfgt5g
#8 - Myffe
I have optimism for a lot of change in the world, but this is one issue that is never going to turn around. Feminism has made it acceptable for men to be completely emasculated and belittled.

Look at sitcom TV shows: A dumb, fat, blue-collar guy with a petite, logical wife (throw in 'makes more money' for sitcom gold) and his three kids who are all good little geniuses who despise every utterance of their father and obviously learned to deal with the retard in the house from their mother. + laugh track = the commercialized demise of man.
#10 - JJ72
I never feel threatened by a women as a men.......I mean women are wonderful things, intelligent, articulated and fulll of drive (at least the ones I know), but it never occurs to me they are taking over the world.

A capable human being is a capable human being male or female.
#11 - JJ72
Quote from flymike91 :Look at sitcom TV shows: A dumb, fat, blue-collar guy with a petite, logical wife (throw in 'makes more money' for sitcom gold) and his three kids who are all good little geniuses who despise every utterance of their father and obviously learned to deal with the retard in the house from their mother. + laugh track = the commercialized demise of man.

And real man doesn't mean to concern themselves with entertainment that was designed to make woman feels better....Just a matter of self confidence.
You misunderstand me again! Either you're trying to get me riled up or there is a language issue here. No one said women are taking over the world, this thread is about how the law and society treats women as perpetual victims, and men as perpetual aggressors. My argument is, that is never going to end. This is a simple guide on how to protect yourself from an abusive woman. I love women too, but feminists are another breed entirely. How could a man respect a woman who hates men?
I don't often agree with FlyMike, (and I don't agree that it's 'taking over the world') but I do get really, really annoyed with - mainly adverts - on TV that depict the stupid-man-and-his-immensely-practical-wife, that may as well have her turn to the camera and shout 'HAHA MEN ARE SOOO STUPID HAHAHA'

After all the fighting that feminism has gone through to get women treated as equals, this kind of crap is lazy and immensely counter-productive.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I do get really, really annoyed with - mainly adverts - on TV that depict the stupid-man-and-his-immensely-practical-wife, that may as well have her turn to the camera and shout 'HAHA MEN ARE SOOO STUPID HAHAHA'

Oh you mean adverts made by men to sell stupid shit to stupid women?

I remember the entertainingly sexist 'It's not for girls' advertising campaign for Yorkie a few years back. The best one I saw was a billboard with simply a purple background and the Yorkie font in big gold letters that said 'SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR DRIVING LESSONS'.

I was laughing for about six months.
Ehm what the hecks wrong with that guy in the first link? Did anyone else noticed what sorta pictures he has uploaded to his tumblr :schwitzNot the ones of him bleeding)
Agree completely.

Something I see a lot in the news is men killing women and going to prison, while the opposite will result in a verdict saying "the woman was being provoked".
how come im not surprised by whos active in this thread?
Quote from Shotglass :how come im not surprised by whos active in this thread?

Dont know. Want to elaborate?
nah i think its pretty obvious what i meant... even to americans... well one of them anyway
Of course.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I do get really, really annoyed with - mainly adverts - on TV that depict the stupid-man-and-his-immensely-practical-wife, that may as well have her turn to the camera and shout 'HAHA MEN ARE SOOO STUPID HAHAHA'

No matter what the budget is every television advert is very carefully crafted to appeal to a specific target audience. If the advertisement annoys you then it clearly isn't you that is being targetted. Advertising follows social trends and is reflective of them - it rarely leads trends in social ethics because there is no money to be made in that sector.

I wonder how many men have to keep a constant eye on their glass when out on the town, and have to throw their drink away and replace it if they need to use the bathroom before finishing it?

The difference is that violence against women is so indemic and so commonplace that women are constantly on the guard against it. We do stuff all the time to reduce the risk that we are put in during our daily lives. I suppose you would call it doing "Due Diligence" to protect ourselves, that if we didnt do we would then be considered to have "deserved it" for "being stupid".

I suspect that most men do not think about their safety so pro-actively, or if they do there are fewer circumstances in which they take action to ensure their safety compared to women.

I deplore domestic violence, no matter who the perpetrator is, and I agree that men are on ocassion unfairly pressumed at fault. However I also understand that there are many cases where men are at fault of violence.

Domestic violence is not really gender keyed, the first set of results I found when searching for this article was 20% of cases are perpetrated by women in 2006 (I actually expected it to be higher).

However, in cases of violence that are not domestic... ( I dont have stats to hand, but it doesnt take a genius to figure out it's going to be slanted toward one gender ).

When you remove the word "domestic" I think you find the route cause of the social attitudes on violence between men and women.

Remember this isn't the system fighting you - the law applies itself evenly, but rather the expectations of the people within that system - people like you and me. Was it the law who said the man in the first story of that reddit link above got taken into custody, or was it the policeman making a judgement call? (and what other factors contributed to the policemans judgement in that [one-sided] story?).

So sure when men are the victims sometimes people might get the wrong end of the stick when making a first assessment, but that isn't the full story, and neither should it be the end.
Quote from Becky Rose :If the advertisement annoys you then it clearly isn't you that is being targetted.

haha, this applies to about 99.9% of adverts then

No-one wants to sell me things...

Domestic Violence.
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG