The online racing simulator
Its become quite fashionable to be uneccessarily flippant and cynicool about absolutely everything, particularly from behind the facade of an internet forum account. Consider yourself to be part of the 'hipster' problem, BlueFlame.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I don't want to dirty up this thread about Norway's suffering with a discussion of the American right's fear of brown people, sorry.

Again, simplifying everything I say to its lowest denominator, treating everyone but you as if they have no valid ideas or beliefs. America's fear is not of 'brown people' its a chipping away at our European culture and tradititions and replacing them with a menagerie of foreign minority cultures, many of which have a deep seated hatred of the west, and none of which benefited from the age of Enlightenment that created the most technically advanced, safest and most free society in the world.
Quote from flymike91 :...the age of Enlightenment that created the most technically advanced, safest and most free society in the world.

Dare I ask which society this is / was?
Quote from flymike91 :Again, simplifying everything I say to its lowest denominator, treating everyone but you as if they have no valid ideas or beliefs. America's fear is not of 'brown people' its a chipping away at our European culture and tradititions and replacing them with a menagerie of foreign minority cultures, many of which have a deep seated hatred of the west, and none of which benefited from the age of Enlightenment that created the most technically advanced, safest and most free society in the world.

The persecution complex is strong with this one. Also, racism.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness."

I think that's the only response needed.

EDIT: but anyway, this has nothing to do with Norway or the events there.
Quote from flymike91 :Again, simplifying everything I say to its lowest denominator, treating everyone but you as if they have no valid ideas or beliefs. America's fear is not of 'brown people' its a chipping away at our European culture and tradititions and replacing them with a menagerie of foreign minority cultures, many of which have a deep seated hatred of the west, and none of which benefited from the age of Enlightenment that created the most technically advanced, safest and most free society in the world.

No one is "chipping away" at your "European culture and traditions" (though I think most Europeans would scoff at the idea that a Californian kid has any). Adding diversity doesn't damage your own beliefs in any way unless they're exceptionally weak.

Who exactly is preventing you from observing your own culture and traditions? Anyone coming into your home and forcing you to worship Allah or Buddha or Vishnu or whatever? Which of your traditions have been replaced?

Yeah, didn't think so.

lol, well you're all foreigners to start with, god knows where your ancesters came from
Quote from 5haz :Its become quite fashionable to be uneccessarily flippant and cynicool about absolutely everything, particularly from behind the facade of an internet forum account. Consider yourself to be part of the 'hipster' problem, BlueFlame.

I am cynical. The internet didn't breed that part of my personality.

What flymike says is true. DWB you're just too much of a liberal to understand that certain people CAN be bad. Whilst you might let randomers through your front door only for them to steal your shit and only THEN realise it was a bad idea to do so, others don't, others are actually defensive, and don't want to take risks and chances (that can't be reversed in an instance) and the cost of saftey and security for themselves or their offspring.

I know you're not a parent DWB, if you were you'd have a different attitude.

Besides, DWB is from New Mexico, it ain't blacks or muslims they hate there, it's Mexicans.
Quote from flymike91 :...and none of which benefited from the age of Enlightenment that created the most technically advanced...

...but some of them helped you build "the most technically advanced" society, such as Nikola Tesla, a Serb from Croatia who worked for Edison and very much enabled us to have such a chat today, half a world away , so don't rush in labeling "the enemies" of your society.

The real enemies are not certain nations, but individuals in each one of them, including your own, the lesson that can be learned from what just happened in Norway.
Quote from sermilan :...but some of them helped you build "the most technically advanced" society, such as Nikola Tesla, a Serb from Croatia who worked for Edison and very much enabled us to have such a chat today, half a world away , so don't rush in labeling "the enemies" of your society.

The real enemies are not certain nations, but individuals in each one of them, including your own, the lesson that can be learned from what just happened in Norway.

So why is it the majority of everyone thought before information was released on the suspect that it was an act of Islamic extremist terrorism? Because generally speaking, people are generally right.

A general stereotype is generally correct because they generally act like that generally.

Generally speaking all chavs are nobs, all people on benefits are cheating the system and all people taking drugs have the IQ of an ameoba. GENERALLY. Meaning you can often meet people of all those stereotypes and they DON'T conform but in the same way you can't assume they are all bad, is teh same way you can't assume they are all good.

What people see on the news is a good indication of the opinion they will have the news shows you events and peoples opinions you would otherwise not encounter in your own area.

If I add up all the bullshit I see on TV of acts of terrorism in the name of Islam against the friendly Muslims I've met, it's completely biassed in favour persecuting them doesn't mean I have to follow that ideal though, we all have individual brains.

But I won't let a potentially dangerous person into MY house and I treat my country like I treat my house (all the toilet seats get pissed on).
Quote from flymike91 : most technically advanced, safest and most free society in the world.

For some time now i've followed your posts since i found something familiar in your talk,
just couldn't figure out until now...it just hit me: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/ <not talking about the religion but the attitude itself ,fake or not.
Quote from BlueFlame :What flymike says is true. DWB you're just too much of a liberal to understand that certain people CAN be bad.

Of course people can be bad. What the hell are you talking about?

The fact that some people can be "bad" doesn't mean that mixing cultures is a net negative.

Quote :Besides, DWB is from New Mexico, it ain't blacks or muslims they hate there, it's Mexicans.

Hispanics have been a major part of New Mexico since before white people were, and before was part of the US. We're a pretty multicultural state, all things considered, despite the Republicans' recent attempts to make it seem like immigration is a new and dangerous thing here.
Quote from BlueFlame :So why is it the majority of everyone thought before information was released on the suspect that it was an act of Islamic extremist terrorism? Because generally speaking, people are generally right.

Generally speaking, people are led around by the nose.

In the wake of the 9/11 attacks there's been a general campaign from the news media and western governments to build up an image of Islam as an evil tidal wave of dark-skinned barbarian hordes ready to swallow up our civilized lily-white asses. This has been done to justify the enormous outlay of public captial to fund the war machine in the Middle East.

Islam is not the enemy, any more than Christianity or Buddhism or paganism is. (Personally I believe that religion in general causes more problems than it solves, but I don't think Islam is markedly more dangerous than any other.) People with ****ed up worldviews and access to weapons are the problem, and luckily they're a relatively small subset of the greater human population.

Is "radical Islam" a problem? Sure. Does it mix well with traditional Western society? No. Does your average Muslim adhere to the tenets of "radical Islam"? No.
Quote from BlueFlame :...
But I won't let a potentially dangerous person into MY house and I treat my country like I treat my house (all the toilet seats get pissed on).

By generalizing things you won't solve the problem. You'll still have your TS pissed on by your own people, at least.

Generalizing things won't even help you prevent "bad guys" from risky countries coming to yours (which ever it is, don't even know). The proof for that is the group which assassinated our Prime Minister 8 years a go. They traveled freely throughout the EU and the rest of the world with their forged passports, while I was required to obtain Visa, which in some cases wasn't easy at all. So there you go.... the same goes for the group which did 9/11 attack in USA.

Generalizing things is actually the worst possible starting point in which ever way you want to go.

EDIT:
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Generally speaking, people are led around by the nose.

Very nicely put, Sir!
Quote from sermilan :Generalizing things is actually the worst possible starting point in which ever way you want to go.

I realize this is contradictory to my own statement, but it's still the truth.
Quote from sermilan :...but some of them helped you build "the most technically advanced" society, such as Nikola Tesla, a Serb from Croatia who worked for Edison and very much enabled us to have such a chat today, half a world away , so don't rush in labeling "the enemies" of your society.

No, no, no and no. You're doing it wrong. Tesla was from Europe and he had white skin, so he's a good guy, see how it works?
Anonymous came up with a nice idea: http://m.nrk.no/m/artikkel.jsp?art_id=17728485 (in Norweigan).

In short: This terrorist dude (can't remember his name, Arsberger Nürburgring Bratwurst, or whatever it is) wrote a manifest that he'd like the world to acknowledge. Now, their idea is to spread as many different versions of his writings as possible, so it will become impossible to establish which one is the real one. They encourage editing, adding, removing, falsifying, making things up, anything.

I like it!

Edit: story in english.
Quote from felplacerad :Anonymous came up with a nice idea: http://m.nrk.no/m/artikkel.jsp?art_id=17728485 (in Norweigan).

In short: This terrorist dude (can't remember his name, Arsberger Nürburgring Bratwurst, or whatever it is) wrote a manifest that he'd like the world to acknowledge. Now, their idea is to spread as many different versions of his writings as possible, so it will become impossible to establish which one is the real one. They encourage editing, adding, removing, falsifying, making things up, anything.

I like it!

Edit: story in english.

Fantastic.
For once that shitty group actually manage to do something usefull
I'm not really of any opinion anymore, I used to have very strong opinions, but now I like to ask the questions in the public domain that nobody else dares to.
Im on my cell so bear with me. European (white omg sry) culture is as weak as some people here have suggested, and the guilt we have placed on ourselves only allows cultures that still practice honor killings, systematic subjugation of women, etc. to become stronger. What positive impact has multiculturalism had on western society? I put it to you that people feel less safe, less trusting, and more separate than ever before. The proof is that PCness has made me a racist in your eyes for being proud of what my culture has achieved without the influence of desert tribesman.
Quote from flymike91 :Im on my cell so bear with me. European (white omg sry) culture is as weak as some people here have suggested, and the guilt we have placed on ourselves only allows cultures that still practice honor killings, systematic subjugation of women, etc. to become stronger. What positive impact has multiculturalism had on western society? I put it to you that people feel less safe, less trusting, and more separate than ever before. The proof is that PCness has made me a racist in your eyes for being proud of what my culture has achieved without the influence of desert tribesman.

You have a point. Look at what the immigrants did to the Native Americans...
Quote from flymike91 :What positive impact has multiculturalism had on western society?

Literature, film, music, cuisine... want me to go on?

What makes you racist in my eyes is a persistent belief/assumption that anyone who isn't from your culture is probably bad. European culture has produced a lot of wonderful stuff (as well as its share of horrors). I don't think anyone here will deny that.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm not really of any opinion anymore, I used to have very strong opinions, but now I like to ask the questions in the public domain that nobody else dares to.

Aka trolling.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :No, no, no and no. You're doing it wrong. Tesla was from Europe and he had white skin, so he's a good guy, see how it works?

Yes, but we too are terrorists, don't you watch the movies

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG