The online racing simulator
Amy Winehouse, 1983 - 2011 RIP
(124 posts, started )
Quote from PMD9409 :That means nothing. A brain, heart, and will is what gets you away from them, no matter how famous you are or how much money you have.

This is no different

Well, it all depends on exactly what substance we are talking about. Weed, yes, you are pretty much right. Meth, there is not much hope at all, no matter how much you want it.

I can't claim to know the particulars of her addictions, but it's obvious she was a heavy user with some serious issues, so I don't think it was quite that cut and dried for her.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Well, it all depends on exactly what substance we are talking about. Weed, yes, you are pretty much right. Meth, there is not much hope at all, no matter how much you want it.

I can't claim to know the particulars of her addictions, but it's obvious she was a heavy user with some serious issues, so I don't think it was quite that cut and dried for her.

Tell that to my cousin, his fiancee, and our best friend. All of which were into it for 3 years and ended promptly simultaneously. The key is to not be narrow or weak minded.

If someone is just going to sit there and think they can't do it, then they are no different than a coke head or a pill popper. People create the addiction in their own head. I can relate as when I broke my back I got into some heavy heavy pain killers. At the same time though the it is all in your brain. If you lose control of that then it is only your own problem. That seems to be the reason people show no sympathy, same with the Ryan Dunn situation. They brought it upon themselves, people do it everyday.
Quote from PMD9409 :Tell that to my cousin, his fiancee, and our best friend. All of which were into it for 3 years and ended promptly simultaneously. The key is to not be narrow or weak minded.

If someone is just going to sit there and think they can't do it, then they are no different than a coke head or a pill popper. People create the addiction in their own head. I can relate as when I broke my back I got into some heavy heavy pain killers. At the same time though the it is all in your brain. If you lose control of that then it is only your own problem. That seems to be the reason people show no sympathy, same with the Ryan Dunn situation. They brought it upon themselves, people do it everyday.

I don't know all of their particular story, but good for them. It may have been easier for them than someone trying to quit alone, because they had eachother to lean on for support. My impression of famous musicians, however, is that they are surrounded by enablers who don't do anything to help out the individual. Or worse, actively drag them back into addiction. I think that's true of her, even if I only know a little bit of her personal life.

I'm not saying that will has nothing to do with quitting, in fact I agree that it is a very important part. There are so many other variables though, including support, surrounding environment, any other mental issues a person may have, frequency, mode, and length of use, reasons for using in the first place, blah blah blah... It's not always so simple as just being able to quit if you have other mental issues that prevent you from being as strong and clear minded as your cousin and friends evidently were. Mental issues and drug addiction tend to feed off eachother and drive a downward spiral that is tough to right.
Things are only as complicated as you make them. She's famous, so support will be there. Her enviroment can change at anytime, and if she really felt it was a problem then she could change it.

Sucks that she is gone, don't get me wrong, but an addiction isn't an excuse, just a cause of death.
Quote from PMD9409 :Things are only as complicated as you make them. She's famous, so support will be there. Her enviroment can change at anytime, and if she really felt it was a problem then she could change it.

Sucks that she is gone, don't get me wrong, but an addiction isn't an excuse, just a cause of death.

I guess that's where we disagree then, I think it was probably harder for her to get support since she was famous. At least the type of support she needed. Money and fame doesn't buy supportive friends that can be trusted. It can easily, however, spawn attention-whoring individuals who are enablers as 'friends'. Now it was probably easier for her to pay for an extensive rehab program, but that didn't happen or didn't work. And being constantly under the public eye can cause more mental issues that compound the problem. I wish it worked the way you say, I really do. And it does, sometimes, for some people. But my experiences in life tell me something different.

indeed. I view her death very matter-of-factly. She had a very destructive lifestyle, she died. Very predictable, and she knew it.
#56 - JJ72
It is impossible to say whether you should be sympathetic or happy for her without knowing what is the life path she prefers.

Who knows, some people are really afraid of growing old, living ordinarily and rather go out in flames.

Somehow I don't feel her life with drugs is the hopeless struggle that most people make out of.
I just saw a picture of her again and damn she really looks like Janice (friends).

More seriously now, as i said before I never really knew her but still unfortunate she's gone though. I just hope Whitney maintains herself from now on because unlike Amy, I love Whitney.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :I guess that's where we disagree then, I think it was probably harder for her to get support since she was famous. At least the type of support she needed. Money and fame doesn't buy supportive friends that can be trusted. It can easily, however, spawn attention-whoring individuals who are enablers as 'friends'. Now it was probably easier for her to pay for an extensive rehab program, but that didn't happen or didn't work. And being constantly under the public eye can cause more mental issues that compound the problem. I wish it worked the way you say, I really do. And it does, sometimes, for some people. But my experiences in life tell me something different.

indeed. I view her death very matter-of-factly. She had a very destructive lifestyle, she died. Very predictable, and she knew it.

We will agree to disagree it seems. It makes no difference to me whether she is famous or not. That's where our opinions will differ.
"I don`t want to go to rehab, oh no no noooo"
She didn`t !!

She had the best soul/motown voice in many many years, and I do not think she would want a rest in peace, That would not fit in.

Have a good party now, Amy
Cool.
Rupert Murdoch says that he is deeply moved by the messages left on Amy Winehouse's phone.
Quote from dadge :Rupert Murdoch says that he is deeply moved by the messages left on Amy Winehouse's phone.

Quote from dadge :Rupert Murdoch says that he is deeply moved by the messages left on Amy Winehouse's phone.

:ices_rofl
Quote from Scrabby :RIP, was weird to see she isn't no more..

Now, on another note.
Might change the title into:
"Klutch, this will happen to you"

Never touched heroin in my life. And theres a big difference between a recreational user and a drug addict.
Quote from Klutch :And theres a big difference between a recreational user and a drug addict.

aye, the latter has more recreational opportunities.
the difference is smaller than you think. it only takes one bad drug to do the damage. it's the risk you take. people have died after taking one pill, people have lived decades after taking thousands of pills. when it's your time, it's your time.
her death was the result of depression. she was dealing with her depression the only way she knew how to. she was on really low side of her up and down life style and simply didn't recover from it. if she did survive the low, people would have said she was crying out for help. the line is than thin sometimes.
Quote from dadge :aye, the latter has more recreational opportunities.
the difference is smaller than you think. it only takes one bad drug to do the damage. it's the risk you take. people have died after taking one pill, people have lived decades after taking thousands of pills. when it's your time, it's your time.

I don't blindly take pills. Infact, i don't take pills at all anymore...i can source pure molly/mdma (Have tested with 3 reagents, all came back positive for MDMA)

Im safe with my useage
Quote from Klutch :

Im safe with my useage

no such thing m8. i said pills as an example. it could be a dirty needle, sprayed weed. you get the idea.
The weed i get is home-grown from a friend of mine..ive seen his plants, they're all natural

I don't use needles. And i test any powder i get...

so yeah, i am safe with my useage
you're still not getting it are you? the pills were examples (saving me from listing every possibility of a dirty drug). the needles were an example (saving me from listing every possibility of a dirty drug). the weed was an example (saving me from listing every possibility of a dirty drug).
there is no such thing as safe usage when it comes to illegal drugs made in some back alley (another example). you might think you're safe, but what about the guy making the stuff? or the guy getting the ingredients? or the guys equipment? yes you can be safe when taking drugs, but you have no control over how they're made. where they're made. and by who they're made by.

to think you're safe is just ignorance m8. you'll understand when you're older.

did you know that if the person making the mdma has the flu then his batch could be contaminated. it's all good and well testing to see if your drugs have drugs in them. but do you test for contaminants? do you test for consistency? do you test to see what other ingredients are used?
Quote from dadge :you're still not getting it are you? the pills were examples (saving me from listing every possibility of a dirty drug). the needles were an example (saving me from listing every possibility of a dirty drug). the weed was an example (saving me from listing every possibility of a dirty drug).
there is no such thing as safe usage when it comes to illegal drugs made in some back alley (another example). you might think you're safe, but what about the guy making the stuff? or the guy getting the ingredients? or the guys equipment? yes you can be safe when taking drugs, but you have no control over how they're made. where they're made. and by who they're made by.

did you know that if the person making the mdma has the flu then his batch could be contaminated. it's all good and well testing to see if your drugs have drugs in them. but do you test for contaminants? do you test for consistency? do you test to see what other ingredients are used?

Ok, but then you should avoid drinking milk and water too, because they could be contaminated.
Quote from dadge :you're still not getting it are you? the pills were examples (saving me from listing every possibility of a dirty drug). the needles were an example (saving me from listing every possibility of a dirty drug). the weed was an example (saving me from listing every possibility of a dirty drug).

So you do support the guy who grows a few plants for his own personal use, knowing that there's nothing 'bad' going into the growing of the plants ?
Trees FTW

Amy Winehouse, 1983 - 2011 RIP
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG