The online racing simulator
#1 - PoVo
Reloading/restarting plugins/PRISM
Hi!

I was wondering if it's possible to reload all plugins via a plugin?

Basically what I need is to be able to re-upload plugin files to the PRISM host via FTP, and be able to restart PRISM or the plugin itself for the changes to take place.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Quote from PoVo :Hi!

I was wondering if it's possible to reload all plugins via a plugin?

Basically what I need is to be able to re-upload plugin files to the PRISM host via FTP, and be able to restart PRISM or the plugin itself for the changes to take place.

Is this possible?

Thanks

I ediited the BAT file to be an endless loop, then just exit; the script. It will restart PRISM and of course include the new version of the plugin(s)
#3 - PoVo
What exactly did you change in the bat file?

Here's mine:
@echo off
php -e PHPInSimMod.php %1 %2
pause

Thanks in advance!

@echo off
:START
php -e PHPInSimMod.php %1 %2
GOTO :START

You can also write a small .NET app to manage/restart your PRISM program. You can do a lot of process management stuff on Windows with .NET, such as redirect PHP errors to your .NET app for logging. Check the Process docs.

using System.Diagnostics;

class Program {
static void Main() {
string path = @"X:\Path\To\PRISM.bat";

while (true) {
using (Process prism = Process.Start(path)) {
prism.WaitForExit();
}
}
}
}

The only thing PRISM needs a wrapper for, the only thing it can't do on it's own, is colors within the console. That's the only time I would really consider using C# or anything .NET for this project.
The suggestion I was making was for Povo, because he is also a .NET programmer, not for PRISM itself.
#8 - PoVo
Thanks for the help guys.

I will probably use the batch file way since I'm lazy to make another extra application :P

Really loving PRISM now ButtonManager rokz! :cookiemon

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG