The online racing simulator
Is anyone else getting spammed with PMs?
(15 posts, started )
I had one guy message me twice saying "You have one new message in your mail box." and another one asking if I had skype. One had a zero post count, the other had a post count of 1. Can we make it so that people have to have a post count of 10 in order to be able to use the PM function?
Nope...
Nope.

And you should report the spammers tpo the mods.
#6 - Bean0
Report the PM.

vB has the funcionality to remove all PMs sent by a user in the case of spam.
#7 - PoVo
Neither did I
Having now read this thread, I understand why the messages were reported. Suppose I should give them another look.
Thank you Bob.
You can disable PMs altogether. It's not actually a valid solution if you like private messaging but in my opinion everything sent via PM is spam anyway.
Quote from hyntty :in my opinion everything sent via PM is spam anyway.

good to know, i'll talk to deko the next time i have a question about something ndr related.
I don't get 'spam', but I do get a lot of 'pls can u sent me teh codez', as well a few 'pls skype me'. I hate PMs, people should just post in the threads, that way everyone gets to benefit from my banal nonsensical warblings. I do ignore a lot of PMs, some because I can't be bothered answering, others because I forget to.
Quote from DarkTimes :I don't get 'spam', but I do get a lot of 'pls can u sent me teh codez', as well a few 'pls skype me'. I hate PMs, people should just post in the threads, that way everyone gets to benefit from my banal nonsensical warblings. I do ignore a lot of PMs, some because I can't be bothered answering, others because I forget to.

I was just about to PM you for some codes...
Quote from Bose321 :I was just about to PM you for some codes...

I don't mind helping with troublesome code, so don't be afraid to PM me. I do try to answer them, especially if I know the answer to the question (which frankly isn't often).

This is an example of the sort of PM that I'm talking about, that I got a few days ago (out of the blue).

Quote :you can help me?? with team viewer or msn?? i need help for my cruise insim.

I ignored this.

If you have a genuine programming problem that can't be solved by reading a basic programming tutorial then I'm happy to help, although I'd prefer it if you asked in one of my many programming threads instead of messaging me directly.

To sum up: please don't worry about sending me a PM, I'm happy to get them, all I ask is that you send me an answerable question. If you do I'll try my best to answer it. And if I don't you can always ask on StackOverflow, which is better than me anyway.
Quote from bunder9999 :.

Well if you have a genuine question why not post somewhere so other people will gain advantage of it then... basically what DarkTimes said

I don't mind being contacted. You can reach me via msn/irc/facebook/skype/mail/email/shouting really hard. I just hate PMs because I tend to get either useless real spam or a copy of stuff related to something I have no interest in anyway.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG