The online racing simulator
insim editing
(19 posts, started )
insim editing
Hey all !

Whats the best App to use on a MAC to edit a Insim and the way it looks and behaves ? searched forums and google cant find anything

would MAC DEV XCODE 4 do the job ? and has anyone edited insim and UI before on mac
The only one I really know of it PRISM that uses PHP and is thus cross platform. The UI for it is command line for the first part (But it's really quite easy to use, although I might be a little basis as I'm one of the main devs) but once you get the HTTP part setup, you can use that for adming a server. It gives you the option of doing other commands in game as well.
You can also use InSim.NET with Mono, which is supported on Mac. Although I've not personally tested it on a Mac, I have tested it on Mono for Windows and Ubuntu, and it seems to work fine.

Edit: and of course pyinsim and Python are cross-platform.
Quote from DarkTimes :Edit: and of course pyinsim and Python are cross-platform.

Indeed, I don't know why I did not think of that. I'm pretty sure that Mac's comes with python preinstalled ... but I could be wrong, as I might be thinking about Ubuntu or something like that.
#5 - amp88
When you say "edit" do you mean take an existing project and make changes to it or do you mean start from scratch and make your own? If you're talking about editing an existing project you're going to be constrained in what you can use. However, if you're starting from scratch Java is another cross-platform alternative. JInSim is an existing InSim Library for Java. There are numerous free and powerful IDEs (for editing, testing and deploying code); eclipse is my personal favourite.
I want to take an Insim im currently using. Edit the look and the feel of the UI.

Also i would like to add in some commands for BF1 race.

For e.g DRS. 80bhp restriction. But when a car hits the Track nodes for DRS zone and the driver is within less then 2.00 secs of the car in front the DRS Auto removes the 80bhp restriction. and then applies it again when leaving the DRS zone.

and the same again for KERS system with a restriction but with a UI button that allows racers to apply.

I know restrictions can be done and i know one or 2 servers on the Cruise insim have a restriction set that allows you to upgrade and have a % of the restriction removed. I basically want to implement that
Not possible to add/remove restrictions whilst you are on track. LFS won't let you do that; ou either have the intake restriction (to reduce the power by 80 bhp) or you don't.

You can only adjust it in pits. You have to shift+p to make any changes (can't even change restrictions from a pitstop...), I'm afraid.
im pretty sure there is a way. and im pretty sure on the cruise insims that have this function you dont have to pit to have the restriction lifted :-)
Ok, didn't know that.

PS: Which cruise InSim (which server)?
Quote from Silverracer :Ok, didn't know that.

PS: Which cruise InSim (which server)?

LTC They whats known as a Tuning garage witch allow drivers to pay and lift a restriction. For Air flow or weight.

Simple what to do the same but Auto restriction lift for a portion of the track nodes
Quote from Billicp :im pretty sure there is a way. and im pretty sure on the cruise insims that have this function you dont have to pit to have the restriction lifted :-)

Have you got any documentation on this? I'm sure this can't be done through InSim. It might be possible through other means, but not in a way that's centrally controllable without a LOT of hassle.
In LTC you have to drive to a specific location on track to pay to reduce the intake restriction/added mass, yes. But the player has to shift+p to manually make the changes [to reduce the intake restriction/added mass] in the car's setup in order for the reduction to take effect...

I like the DRS/KERS concept that you're planning, but I don't see a way to get it working.
Right well looks like thats been shot in the foot lol. Will look into that in more detail when the other restrictions are in place.

What i want to do witch i cant seem to find on the forum at all.

Is a restriction for LFSLapper that stops people from using TC, Break help, Manual only And 0% engine break reduction hmmmm
My idea and thought was you could do summit like this . Of course this below would not work but it must get you thinking there has to be a way around pitting :-) Of course you would have to apply this in 2 sections. Because you would have to set nodes for each track and there zones. :-( hmm its not looking so good lol

###########
#DRS ZONE#
###########
#You can specify 2 Areas of DRS : track,
#-------------------------------------------------------------------
#Handicap cars
#
#Syntax :
#
$HandicapCars = "BF1:0:11:60:0:100,";
#
#car : LFS short car name
#mass : mass handicap in kg
#irest : Air intake restriction in percent
#snodes : Track nodes to lift restriction start
#lrest : Percent restriction move
#fnodes : Track node to re-implement restriction
That's actually quite good, but your format will only work for Official LFS tracks, none of the unofficial tracks have nodes and X/Y format tracks don't have nodes at all due to their configuration. Cool tho.
Quote from Dygear :That's actually quite good, but your format will only work for Official LFS tracks, none of the unofficial tracks have nodes and X/Y format tracks don't have nodes at all due to their configuration. Cool tho.

I just checked on a open track AS6X with my layout and it shows my current track node ?

im not giving up on this :-) there has to be a way around to implement such a thing :-) not to bothered about the kers ! just the DRS :-)

If you can get the 1st bit so car restriction is set thats easy.

Its the bit that say.

When car BF1 Enters Zone -621:-95

Then Restriction Irest 0%

When car BF1 exits Zone -721:-95

Then Restriction Irest 10%
Quote from Billicp :im not giving up on this :-) there has to be a way around to implement such a thing :-) not to bothered about the kers ! just the DRS :-)

While I admire your determination there isn't currently a way to do this with InSim alone (i.e. change intake restriction / added mass while a car is on track without requiring pitting). The only possible way (and I stress it's only possible, I don't know if it's been done before) would be through memory editing of the LFS process while it's running (which is how some other LFS add-ons operate). However, reliably operating such a system in such a way that it works flawlessly and it can be administered effectively (i.e. people can't cheat it) would be very difficult (if not practically impossible). Good luck, but I somehow doubt you'll make it work.
ok well in that case lets hope is LFS S3 ever gets released in the next 100 years. there is some serious updates and more flexible racing allowing us to apply more restrictions on setups .

GT4 - GT5 was about 5 years

how long now since S2 was out ???
About 5 years, but it's still 'alpha', but I'm pretty sure that's just because they don't want to call S2 finished yet. Making something beta for the devs around here seems to mean feature lock. Meaning nothing can be added, only fixed. I would expect that to happen in the next year or two. S3 alpha around 2 - 3 years after that. This will be a 15 year project by the time it comes to an end.

insim editing
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG