The online racing simulator
Looking For A Film...
(32 posts, started )
#1 - amp88
Looking For A Film...
I'm trying to remember the name of a film I saw some time ago.

Here's what I remember (may contain spoilers):
  • Set around the kidnapping and ransom of an important person's child (it could be a senator or a congressman)
  • The ransom for the kidnapping is supposed to be paid by someone from a train (I think they're supposed to hang it from one of those mail posts there are beside the railways in America)
  • Might star or co-star Gene Hackman
  • Someone gets double crossed (it might be one of the kidnappers double crossing another kidnapper or the kidnappers double crossing the people paying the ransom)
  • Someone gets shot with a shotgun (I've got a feeling it's an antique shotgun or there's something else special about it).
  • Could be made in the '90s but not sure.
Hopefully someone can make sense of the above and help me find this out. Thanks.
Sounds like Along Came A Spider(2001).
#3 - amp88
Yep, that looks like it! Perfect, thanks
No problem.
#5 - amp88
Got another one. I haven't actually seen this film before but I remember the trailer for it. I think it was 2004/2005/2006 and it was about an investigative team (possibly from the UN) that went to a country (possibly in Africa) to investigate an incident (possibly an assassination). In the trailer there was a scene on a motorway/freeway where the investigators' car/truck/bus was shot at. This is pretty vague compared to the one in the OP, but does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?
Quote from amp88 :Got another one. I haven't actually seen this film before but I remember the trailer for it. I think it was 2004/2005/2006 and it was about an investigative team (possibly from the UN) that went to a country (possibly in Africa) to investigate an incident (possibly an assassination). In the trailer there was a scene on a motorway/freeway where the investigators' car/truck/bus was shot at. This is pretty vague compared to the one in the OP, but does anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?

Only one I can think of is The Kingdom with Jamie Fox, although it was the middle east and was with the FBI. Other than that my grey matter is not giving me any ideas.
#7 - amp88
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Only one I can think of is The Kingdom with Jamie Fox, although it was the middle east and was with the FBI. Other than that my grey matter is not giving me any ideas.

That looks like it could be it. Thanks
#9 - amp88
Looking for another film again...

Think it was released in 2002-2004. I'm pretty sure it's about a couple who conspire to kill the wife of the guy so that the guy and his mistress can get her money. It ends up with a scene on a boat where the guy and his mistress are supposed to celebrate killing the wife but the mistress ends up double crossing the guy and killing him. I think it was a pretty big Hollywood type movie but don't have a clue on any actors.

So, another one of my incredibly unspecific searches that hopefully someone can help me out with again. Thanks in advance.

edit: Found the movie in question. It's called Out Of Time.
I want to say Wild Things, but there was no wife involved in that one, was there?
I found a collection of my old movie stubs and it turns out the film I was looking for it called Out Of Time.
Yet another request with not much info to go on...

Film about a group of people who are checked into what I think is a roadside motel somewhere in America. There are maybe a few couples and some single people. People start turning up dead, so everyone that's left is growing suspicious of who is the murderer. I've got a feeling there's a laundry room that's involved somehow (like people are washing bloody clothes in there or something).

Any help appreciated
Ah, never mind folks. Blas89 got it on IRC. It was Identity. Thanks Blas
Identity maybe?

EDIT: Ha, beaten by autor :P
You owe me 100 internets, amp88
Identity was a goofy-ass movie, but a lot of fun anyway.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Identity was a goofy-ass movie, but a lot of fun anyway.

I have that on DVD, i took my (at the time) missus with me to see it at the cinema when it first came out, scared the bejesus out of her, she didnt like it lol i think my taking the p!ss out of her for being so jumpy didnt really help as we only lasted about 8 months lol
Another request, this time with even vaguer information than earlier in the thread.

I (partially) remember watching this film in the early to mid '90s on TV (so it was probably released in the early '90s). It starts off with a guy waking up and getting ready to go to work. He leaves his house and jumps in a sports car (possibly a Porsche 911 variant) and I think he burns rubber when he pulls away. The guy works as some kind of bank robber turned security consultant, so I think they do the old "guy looks like he's robbing the place but in fact he's trying to find the faults in the security system". That's all I can remember. I have no idea on actors. I've spent a while looking on the Internet Movie Cars DB but there are so many films featuring Porsches (and I'm not even sure it was a Porsche) that I thought I'd ask here.

I appreciate the info above is really vague, but it's worth a shot
Another request...

A guy who's committed a serious crime (something like armed robbery or murder) is trying to get away from the police but they have road blocks set up. So, he goes to the nearest park (national park maybe?) and joins a group of climbers to try and disguise himself. Someone (maybe a park ranger or a local policeman) figures this out and goes after the guy. I've got a feeling there's a rope bridge or small cable car type thing involved somehow, but not sure. I think it's probably from the mid '90s and it's American.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

edit: It's not Cliffhanger.
And another...this time for a zombie (?) apocalypse film. I put the question mark in there about zombie because I'm not exactly sure if they really are zombies or perhaps something else similar. Anyway, I think it's probably an American film from around 2000-2010, it features the main characters running out of petrol/gas and having to walk some distance. They find some kind of holiday/vacation resort complex in the middle of a desert (?) and they survive there for a while, but I think they accidentally alert some of the zombies and have to move on. I also think a beach house might feature somehow.

Not a lot to go on, but hopefully it rings a bell for someone. Thanks for any help.
Quote from amp88 :And another...this time for a zombie (?) apocalypse film. I put the question mark in there about zombie because I'm not exactly sure if they really are zombies or perhaps something else similar. Anyway, I think it's probably an American film from around 2000-2010, it features the main characters running out of petrol/gas and having to walk some distance. They find some kind of holiday/vacation resort complex in the middle of a desert (?) and they survive there for a while, but I think they accidentally alert some of the zombies and have to move on. I also think a beach house might feature somehow.

Not a lot to go on, but hopefully it rings a bell for someone. Thanks for any help.

The Dead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANpgVWVvpjs

Looking For A Film...
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG