The online racing simulator
#1 - jnr89
Please help me to choose: videocard/processor
look, i bought a nvidia 9500GT, my processor is an intel dual core e2200 (2.2ghz)

i was running with 3 gb of ram (ddr2), but my computer somehow is a mess now...

i think is the powersupply but my motherboard blew a pair of capacitors (due to electrical problems maybe) and now i need to RE-BORN this CPU...

Im not sure if my videocard gets damaged from the electrical issue but what i can tell you is, i get lower FPS than before, i can see objects appearing and dissappearing while racing (tires, cones, segments of walls) and this sucks!!

I remember getting 80 fps with all the settings to the max, with a nice amount of cars in the grid and all!

My windows crashed severaltimes (windows xp and 7, this is unbelievable!)...with crashed i mean reinstalling the O.S. as the only solution...

so i think i shall change my motherboard along with my powersupply (370W) because motherboard´s capacitors are the main suspects....

please, help, im a video editor and need smooth FPS rates at lfs while im recording with FRAPS...

im looking for some combo (processor+video card) that could get me to the 100fps or more with all settings at max...

my budget is around...100 us$ and im considering to sell my video card and processor to reduce the cost,and selling my crappy powersupply too..

what do you suggest me?

Im sorry for my bad english, i love racing, i love lfs, i need to make videos, please help

pd: i noticed that my processor kinda limits my video card but since my video card is like a mess (i even saw a car with no textures while racing, WTF was that? it was like all plain in the way to get rendered!!) so, i think my video card must be damaged or am i wrong?)
Hold on for a sec here. What makes you believe that your MB is fried? Blown caps on MB usually render it completely inoperable. Before you do anything with your rig you should diagnose the problem. From the description you gave it could be your video card overheating.

Your PSU is weak for any kind of serious upgrade. For live video recoding you need a strong CPU, so rather than video card I'd get a new CPU and PSU.
#3 - jnr89
Quote from MadCatX :Hold on for a sec here. What makes you believe that your MB is fried? Blown caps on MB usually render it completely inoperable. Before you do anything with your rig you should diagnose the problem. From the description you gave it could be your video card overheating.

Your PSU is weak for any kind of serious upgrade. For live video recoding you need a strong CPU, so rather than video card I'd get a new CPU and PSU.

ummm Im worried about the high voltage that fried my capacitors, what if it did some damage to the hard disc drives or video card?? Is this a thing to be worried about or the M.B. will fried itself to protect video cards, memory ram cards and disc drives?

I think my MB is causing troubles because i had to quit a ram card (from two) to get the windows up, so i think is not a very reliable M.B. since the warranty is out (3 years, i have it since 2008, is a zotac) plus the capacitors issue

In that way it could be the MB (memory ram slots?+ capacitors were replaced since they get blown) so i think maybe the M.B. has something wrong

besides, the Power supply, i need to change it, im running with 3 internal hard disc drives (for real) and now i need to plug another one (yeah, inside) so i think changing the powersupply and the motherboard should fix the problems of my LFS getting weird and windows getting crash!

The processor, is weak, i need another one

wich one would you suggest? I think i can find processors with dual core @ 3ghz for less than 100us$
Since you're about to get a new MB, some Intel i5 might be fine...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG