The online racing simulator
LFS S3 with night
(54 posts, started )

Poll : Want LFS S3 with night?

Yes
No
IDK (I don't know)
Rain is cool
what a cool idea, noone had this idea last 8 years...
I voted no, because i'm afraid of the dark
Quote from SHasGO :But the car have lights :P

Well everybody would like to have some propper night races and rain but the current engine isn´t even made / able to have lights...

And weather... ROFL

So either they make some engine updates or the leave me alone with night.
Voted yes. Will it change the world to better living place now?
i voted YES because more people would be playing lfs and rfactor will go bust
#34 - CSU1
IDK ... maybe with all the new performance tweaks he's made he might beable to have LFS handle fluid dynamics too!

Problem is though, there's no half doing it and if it were to be done it would need to be done right.

I guess ice/snow would be much easyer than rain to render???

E;

LMAO - it looks like I may have stumbled into th WRONG THREAD...sorry folks
Quote from John5200 :Well everybody would like to have some propper night races and rain but the current engine isn´t even made / able to have lights...

And weather... ROFL

So either they make some engine updates or the leave me alone with night.

and why they must change the engines value? it can keep up!
Because every car gets 100hp+ in rain. Obvious.
Quote from Kristi :Because every car gets 100hp+ in rain. Obvious.

Same thing ¬¬ because the cars are very smooth on wet floor.

Pues esqe en este foro la gente es como eztupidita o que :/ no razonan las cosas ¬¬
Quote from Dandy Dust :But how about RAIN? - or lets but it this way: changing WEATHER...

That's easy, according to this idea:
Quote from Bose321 :Just turn down the brightness of your monitor for night racing, simple.

just put a sprinkler and point it at your monitor. You could even control the amount of rain by turning it on or off at your will.
The poll needs a 'T'would be nice, but not before other things are done' option
It also needs a 'Pointless poll about an idea that's as old as LFS itself' warning.

So, I voted no as my contribution to distorting the results.
Quote from SHasGO :Same thing ¬¬ because the cars are very smooth on wet floor.

Pues esqe en este foro la gente es como eztupidita o que :/ no razonan las cosas ¬¬

Yea, now let's call people stupid in Spanish, because nobody understands it. Smart one.
Translators ftw.
I'm pretty sure there's a night mod (if you would like to try it) buried somewhere around on this forum, I have tested it and it's works decently.

Would be a cool idea though to have dynamic weather.
Darkness is over rated .
All that is needed for time of day and gradual changes of lighting is a new lighting system. Textures and models should stay the same, maybe some slight adjustments to the shape of the light bulbs on the cars, but hopefully that's about it, because if Eric is involved, who knows how long it would take...
Of course, a lighting system like this isn't easy, but anything is possible for Scawen.
i think it would be great!

But i also think its not a easy task to do (for the rain) cause the car will behave quit different and for the developers i think it will take a lot of work to make it work properly.
Quote from SHasGO :and why they must change the engines value? it can keep up!

you know the witchcraft that tells a game how and when to add light and where to put shadows (and even tells the car how many hp´s it has) is called game engine...

and as far as I know this game engine doesn´t support any movable lights, dynamic shadows etc...

and I don´t know if scawen can even programm this since IIRC all the dx stuff was made by someone else
I love how everyone says "they must do it" while probably not thinking about how much work it requires.
Quote from pfpdoodlez2009 :I'm pretty sure there's a night mod (if you would like to try it) buried somewhere around on this forum, I have tested it and it's works decently.

Would be a cool idea though to have dynamic weather.

Night mod suckes
Quote from John5200 :Well everybody would like to have some propper night races and rain but the current engine isn´t even made / able to have lights...

meh, look at the thread name

LFS S3 with night
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG