The online racing simulator
#1 - Nilex
Tire warmers online too (optional)
Although it was introduced with specific purpose only to hotlaps to skip watching the long tire warming procedure, I'd like to agitate for online introduction as well.
It brought something I overlooked: big advantage for new WRs that cannot be countered by human ability to heat tires, separating the hotlap in the class of itself. This is true for every single WR because warmers heat tire uniformly equal whilst the human cannot do that. We are limited with what temperature is maximally acceptable by the most exposed part of the tire to the tarmac.
I'll give example: lets say we warmed tire to 100°C which is ideal, manually it would look something like 90-100-110 (more or less) because of the camber setting. Less grip on the outer rim, ideal only middle, too hot inner. It's very discouraging to compete with a handicap.

I will present my own multiple views on this, both positive and negative, in attempt to paint the whole picture.

The main reason I want this is only so we can compete with WRs online as well. This is currently impossible for the reason I wrote on top. So why don't i just go hotlap? Well, I have no good arguments against that, only moaning :P
Not only for me, hotlaping is out of the question for three reasons: cheating, full setup stealing & it's damn boring to drive alone. Only thing left is online
We drive on a few good, clean servers, where mature, fast and funny people venture (some weirdos too) so it's never boring. But we like to compete... allow us tire warmers pls

It would be enabled for all cars that have it enabled for hotlap and for everything: practice/qual/race (selectable?). Upon pit-stop one could choose new freshly warmed tires (selectable temps?). Same with car reset (not selectable).

Oh, i mentioned negative eh, bah. Ok well, driving on cold tires might get pushed aside - noone wants to compete handicapped. There are competitions that require players to go trough full circle of practice/qual/race with full rely on driver skill, without any help. For these situations maybe a server side option to disable warmers? If it is enabled then admins can choose for which part(s) - practice/qual/race.

Adding an option would no doubt separate the community even more. For example like force cockpit view did. But, on the other hand, it would connect those with similar thoughts. Like force cockpit view did
for server option: +1

/tirew=on
/tirew=off
#4 - Nilex
I'm aware of that post and have written this having it in mind. It's like a expansion of sorts of his idea and any other.

I don't see a reason for forcing a warmer ban on all but the f1/gtr class. I guess it depends on the rules of the competition if they would allow it or not. Warping a heating rug on a uf1 tire - it's not exactly cutting edge science only reserved for the most expensive cars/competitions.

So I'd say it's a matter of personal preference, ergo - optional

Meanwhile, some new ideas sprung to mind and that is to make warmer temp insim readable. So that programmers and admins could potentially force a race starting temperature. Perhaps, even read the ambient temperature form the location of the fictional virtual track online that would determine the starting tire temp? And so forth...
I don't disagree with you. See my comment about enforcing real-life regulations for the sake of emulation.
I have mixed views on this.

Part of the skill of racing is managing your tyres. It's all very well going off at tremendous pace for the first few laps, only to find that the tyres are overheated/worn out. Also cold tyres add that extra bit of danger to the beginning of a race. On the other hand, having warm tyres at the beginning of a race could remove the T1 blues. Tyre warmers are not used on track day performance tyres as used by the road going class cars, it really doesn't make sense. Even some race classes with slick tyres don't allow warmers (Ginetta cup for example)

There is also something else to consider. New tyre physics. We don't know what is in store for us yet on this level, and I would bet Scawen has a plan.
Quote from Nilex :Although it was introduced with specific purpose only to hotlaps to skip watching the long tire warming procedure, I'd like to agitate for online introduction as well......

I totally agree with what you are trying to say.
The times that can be set in hotlap mode are no longer comparable to those times set online.
Some parity would be good for those that only play online...the same tools should be available no matter whether on or offline.

Quote from Squelch :I have mixed views on this.....

I for one am not talking about racing or the first lap, I am talking about driving around the track (be it in qualify or practice) in a comparable car that the WR time is set with.
I just wanna say that F1 used tire warmers before warm lap... So yes I definetily want to see Tire Warmers on online.

If not, then it would be easy to put those tire warmer slider bars to the default (as LFS uses them @ now in LFS) and can't be changed (if host decides tire warmers off)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG