The online racing simulator

Poll : Would a pure GT2 Competition for all be of interest to you?

Closed since :
Yes I would be interested
Yes, but with some changes from GTAL formulae, if so please feel free to give some ideas.
No I would not be interested
#1 - CSF
GT2 World Series 2011 by NDR and meh Racing
Dear Racers,

As I am sure you are aware in the last few seasons NDR has run GTAL, and it has been a big success with close racing, and with good fun being had by all participants. However, I believe that the GTAL concept could be used for racing that everyone can enjoy, not just so called amateurs. In the last season it became harder and harder to distinguish between those competing in a weakened Masters of Endurance, and GTAL, such was the progress of those who have participated in GTAL in the last two seasons.

My proposal is to take the basics of the GTAL formulae and introduce it to a pure GT2 series, potentially using the new track layouts, and open it up to all drivers within Live For Speed. My question to you the drivers, especially those who have enjoyed GTAL and it's close action in recent seasons, is would you be interested in a pure GT2 competition for all drivers?

Let me make this clear that this is NOT intended as a replacement for GTAL in the coming months.

Thanks,

Chris
You going to make it a team or individual driver race series?
I was really late getting into GT2 as soon as I've gotten fast in them, the leagues dropped of the face of the earth. Would love to see one up and going
#4 - CSF
Quote from rc10racer :You going to make it a team or individual driver race series?

Team, but I don't think that silly IGTC style rule would be in place, so if say you wanted to team with Teemu like you did in GT3 there wouldn't be (at the moment) any issue with that.
#5 - CSF
A few more ideas thrown into the melting pot:

5x 3h races 1x 6h race

A mix of old tracks and some of the new layouts

Pre Qualifying if more than 30 teams

Safety Cars would be in use.

Less of a rule book than Deko's, I'm not deko.
#6 - CSF
so it would be aimed at noobs like me and pros alike? Sounds pretty cool.
Do you really think the LFS community is in a good enough shape to afford having 3 endurance GT2 leagues running at the same time(GTAL, MoE, this one)?

Assuming that MoE does come back, of course.

To be honest I'd be much more interrested in seeing the LFS Endurance League project eventualy becoming real, or having a road car endurance league.

But yea, I guess I still might be interrested in the end.
Do it :d
even if MoE does come back for another season, thats not going to happen any time soon anyway, its "off-season" atm

and gtal is rather confined driverwise, which spurred this idea in the first place...
#11 - CSF
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Do you really think the LFS community is in a good enough shape to afford having 3 endurance GT2 leagues running at the same time(GTAL, MoE, this one)?

Assuming that MoE does come back, of course.

To be honest I'd be much more interrested in seeing the LFS Endurance League project eventualy becoming real, or having a road car endurance league.

But yea, I guess I still might be interrested in the end.

GTAL won't be back until this has happened or been canned, and MoE... well... An initial time frame for this would be start next month and have 2-3 week gaps. It isn't planned to be a 6 month league as that is simply too long.
Sounds good, make it happen!
I´m just thinking, that if it is not a amateur league, then I´m afraid that it would just be the same faces as we already see in MoE and there will not be room for plenty of new teams or drivers.. Instead it will be the same faces all over over..hmmm

And yes, I also think it would be interesting with a road car endurance league
#15 - CSF
The same faces are already in MoE and GTAL, that is the problem. Last season about 3/4 of the driving talent did both over the course of the season. The teams that have done GTAL have proved they can ea silly compete with the 'cream'.

Also I have stated this is not intended as a replacement for GTAL. GTAL will return.
Actually... this might tempt me to do LFS
I would love to do this, especially competitively on new configs.
New configs + GT2 = sounds like fun close racing
Yes!!

GT2 is very nice
Well...I would better want it to be like GT Series and not endurance racing. GT Series was really fun but the races were short 15+40 min or something like that. Don't you already have IGTC, GTAL and MoE (if it returns or whatever happened to it) as endurance leagues? And they all use same cars -> GTR!

So much same stuff lately in LFS, most of the leagues are based either on GTR's or on open wheelers. I would like to have more leagues with LRF's, TBO's, STD's, but well organized.

That's just my opinion, of course I'll see if I get me some team, I might also participate here, but I rather have something different than this.
#22 - CSF
I was never involved with GT Series and personally it's not up to me if it comes back. Don't confuse what Deko does with what I plan to do, it isn't the same.
Quote from CSF :The same faces are already in MoE and GTAL, that is the problem. Last season about 3/4 of the driving talent did both over the course of the season. The teams that have done GTAL have proved they can ea silly compete with the 'cream'.

Also I have stated this is not intended as a replacement for GTAL. GTAL will return.

I'm pleased to see you say that GTAL will return.

Like you said, 3/4 quarters of driving talent available was racing GTAL with the upper 1/4 being disqualified from running GTAL (sorta). I think with your new series, with relatively (for endurance racing) short events you'll end up with a lot of two-man teams, and that will fill up one server pretty quickly. I'd like to suggest, at least at the beginning of the league that the races be run over a couple of servers so that the lower 1/4 can participate. More work, obviously, and perhaps too much for the manpower available.
Jonathan
If there is at least 45 teams, I wouldn't mind seeing the split one bit. Would also encourage teams to make more than one team, which just helps put more cars on the grid. Only thing wrong with that is then we can't have SC's. Unless we pull them at the same time which would be rather silly.

I also highly encourage (if it splits) to split teams in each server through points (1st in S1, 2nd in S2, 3rd in S1, etc).
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG