The online racing simulator
BUGs since LFS 0.6B
(18 posts, started )
BUGs since LFS 0.6B
This thread is ONLY for report BUGs in order to improve the simulator. Please don't spam or troll. Thanks all.
  • Demo users... can't use the filter of the servers list properly. I explain: A demo user ONLY can select to filter XFG, XRG and FBM cars. Due to now S1, S2 and DEMO servers are shown, a demo player can't select other cars (S1 and S2 cars) to put them in RED for avoid to see S1 and S2 servers. A demo player ALWAYS see all server, even though he can't enter in this servers. I think 2 posible solutions...
  1. Only demo servers are shown like before.
  2. Let DEMO players use the filter for all cars.
  • Bugs in KYOTO...
  1. There are walls incompleted. (Example OVAL).
  • Bugs in FERN BAY...
  1. in the railway zone, there are walls without fence. (Example: the crossing with trees in the railway straight)
  2. In the mini oval... there is a wall incomplete on the left side of the mini oval.
  • Bugs in lobby screen: 2 players waiting for 'READY'. Both in the grid. One of them, clicks 'READY' button. The other then, exit from the server. Now there are only 1 player on the grid, and the 'READY' button has been clicked. The race don't starts. NOW, if other player connects to the server, the race starts without touch anything.
Thanks "SCAVIER" team... I will report more bugs while testing.
Quote from Dalmako :This thread is ONLY for report BUGs in order to improve the simulator.

This is a good initiative, but the test patch threads contain information why the following are not bugs in my opinion.
Quote :
  • Bugs in KYOTO...
  1. There are walls incompleted. (Example OVAL).
  • Bugs in FERN BAY...
  1. in the railway zone, there are walls without fence. (Example: the crossing with trees in the railway straight)
  2. In the mini oval... there is a wall incomplete on the left side of the mini oval.

The open configs remove objects which are not shared between all original track configurations. This means that some walls, fences and barriers will be missing. Scawen fixed the worst offenders by putting a new barrier in its place, but really this requires a track edit which was not a planned part of this patch. If the holes bother you so much, they can be plugged with autocross objects, open configs give us a free canvass to work on after all.
Russian installer
Russian installer, the link to create an account - a line does not fit entirely
Quote from Squelch :The open configs remove objects which are not shared between all all original track configurations. This means that some walls, fences and barriers will be missing. Scawen fixed the worst offenders by putting a new barrier in its place, but really this requires a track edit which was not a planned part of this patch. If the holes bother you so much, they can be plugged with autocross objects, open configs give us a free canvass to work on after all.

In the next pictures I try to show what I mean. I think this walls should be closed.
Attached images
FE1.jpg
FE2.jpg
KY.jpg
Quote from Dalmako :In the next pictures I try to show what I mean. I think this walls should be closed.

the new path is free track
resolved problem
Attached images
imagem.JPG
troll 2.JPG
troll 3.JPG
Quote from juliao :the new path is free track
resolved problem

The point is that we shouldn't put lay objects because that sould be closed . I hope that scavier solve the problems in future patchs
These are not bugs, can a moderator please lock this useless thread?
Quote from edge3147 :These are not bugs, can a moderator please lock this useless thread?

holes in walls aren't bugs?
LOL

EDIT: Also, we aren't talking ONLY about the wall holes, this thread is for report bugs since 0.6B.
EDIT 2:
Quote from Dalmako : Please don't spam or troll. Thanks all.

Another BUG:

When you unlock a LFS License, the menu music turns off.
I think that when you unlock a driver license, the music shouldn't turn off.

Thanks.
Saw this while racing online, after rejoining it was gone.
I also saw a huge vertical bar on the Aston start/finishtribune, but I failed to take a screenshot of that.
Attached images
bug1.png
Quote from magux :Saw this while racing online, after rejoining it was gone.
I also saw a huge vertical bar on the Aston start/finishtribune, but I failed to take a screenshot of that.

I get failures like that with Nvidia Series 7, sometimes the graphic card gets crazy. Problem solved with new grapich card of course! =)
Quote from KassadGLA :I get failures like that with Nvidia Series 7, sometimes the graphic card gets crazy. Problem solved with new grapich card of course! =)

Ok, that must be the cause, I have an old Nvidia 7-serie.
I dont know if it is just me or someone else is experiencing the same problem...from 0.6B when I use SHIFT+F4 to go from fullscreen to window, LFS crashes quite often with that typical vista message: "LFS has stopped working. Close the program"
Quote from bavorak :I dont know if it is just me or someone else is experiencing the same problem...from 0.6B when I use SHIFT+F4 to go from fullscreen to window, LFS crashes quite often with that typical vista message: "LFS has stopped working. Close the program"

Easy fix, don´t use Vista. It´s very bugged
I've been running an AU1 layout on my server for about the past week, which has a single start point (nowhere near the existing start point), and the layout is set for 1 lap.

I've seen multiple instances of 2 people joining the start line at the same time, and both allowed to sit there till the GO, when both cars are catapulted off the line due to collision physics.

Is much more common when 4 or more cars on the server, but can happen when there's only 2.

Don't remember this problem being as bad in previous versions of LFS, although it's probably been more than a year since I last had such a popular layout, so maybe memory bit hazy.

Anyone else noticed this start line issue on their layouts?

Is this an LFS issue? A lag issue? Slow server host issue?

I have saved an mpr file, but unfortunately it's just over an hour long, so don't think people would want to trawl thru that to see frequency of problem.
Firstly, this bug has been there probably since ever, it's not an 0.6B specific bug.

But I'd like to get it fixed too. Who knows if it's easy, though. Maybe LFS could determine who joined track first and spectate the second driver.
Quote from Flame CZE :Firstly, this bug has been there probably since ever, it's not an 0.6B specific bug.

This isn't the first time I've seen this, just that it seems a lot more frequent now than in the distant past.
Quote from sinanju :This isn't the first time I've seen this, just that it seems a lot more frequent now than in the distant past.

To me it seems the same as it always was, shame we did not remember when Scawen was doing his fixes.....it is annoying.

BUGs since LFS 0.6B
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG