The online racing simulator
#1 - janm
Logitech formula force Ex or Gp better?
Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to find a review on the net about this wheel (ff ex), but can't find a single one...Don't know if it's because the wheel doesn't sell at all or for some other reason...

Anyway, i've been using a used formula force gp for 3 months and it has become ''a grumpy old wheel'' meanwhile. It doesn't work properly anymore, i've been driving without ff almost 1,5 months now, ...

Well, I was wondering if someone could send some advice on whether to buy another GP (new this time ) or rather go for the EX...

Thanks a lot for the help,
Jan

Here's what i feel about the formula force ex:

...I went to a computer store meanwhile and tried the ex....Feels cheaper and crappier then the gp, the design is appealing at first glance but once you take hold of the wheel it doesn't feel that good...The ex is skinnier than the gp and the position of the hands is also set higher, which also didn't feel comfortable (the hands rest very nice on the gp)...furthermore, the controls also feel very cheap, the rubber also seemed not to be as good as the gp's. It seems Logitech has made a step backwards with this wheel...Haven't tried the force feedback, but i guess it shouldn't be that much different than the gp's...My opinion is that formula force gp is still the best wheel in its price.

Taking hold of the momo and the dfp is a different story...Very comfortable, well designed...I personally like the dfp more, momo a bit too chuncky for my taste... These two wheels immediatelly give the feeling of being very powerful and resistant, but are also quite expensive...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG