The online racing simulator
Clutch Improvements
(10 posts, started )
Clutch Improvements
I searched but did not find..

Okey, so my suggestion is to either make the clutch grip higher up or to make it's grip-"place" selectable independantly, so everyone can set the clutch up as they want.

I think everyone know what I mean by this, if not ask for a better explanation

If anyone know a thread where this is discussed before, pls tell me!
#2 - amp88
"Bite point" or "Biting point".

+1, but the clutch system is in need of some more serious changes.
Quote from amp88 :"Bite point" or "Biting point".

+1, but the clutch system is in need of some more serious changes.

Ah, ty mate! =)
I'm not really used to all the technical words in english
I'm assuming that you would like to adjust the bite point on an analogue clutch?

It would be nice to have this same sort of feature that RBR has in regards to setting the controller axes profiles built into LFS where the axes are linear

The clutch axis (and others)can be tweaked somewhat by an external application to make it more realistic. Just remember that the axis are inverted in most case, so take this into consideration when making adjustments.

DXTweak

Each car would need its own profile, but this can be done via the LFS scripting functions to set each car differently. I might do a little howto if people are interested
Quote from Squelch :I'm assuming that you would like to adjust the bite point on an analogue clutch?

It would be nice to have this same sort of feature that RBR has in regards to setting the controller axes profiles built into LFS where the axes are linear

The clutch axis (and others)can be tweaked somewhat by an external application to make it more realistic. Just remember that the axis are inverted in most case, so take this into consideration when making adjustments.

DXTweak

Each car would need its own profile, but this can be done via the LFS scripting functions to set each car differently. I might do a little howto if people are interested

Exactly what i wanted to be able to do

I knew about DXTweak, but I have never tried it tbh. A little howto would be awesome mate, when and if u have the time

Unless it gets put in the game that is
Quote from feffe85 :make it's grip-"place" selectable independantly, so everyone can set the clutch up as they want.

+1
also, in practice mode or single player or something... it would be nice to be able to turn off the clutch heating when for example you want to exercise starting smoothly, engine braking, starting from an incline etc. things you learn or want to perfect from driving school. just my 2 cents... shouldn't be hard to do. maybe it can already be done with a switch command or something. guys... ?
Quote from sempre_r10 :also, in practice mode or single player or something... it would be nice to be able to turn off the clutch heating when for example you want to exercise starting smoothly, engine braking, starting from an incline etc. things you learn or want to perfect from driving school. just my 2 cents... shouldn't be hard to do. maybe it can already be done with a switch command or something. guys... ?

Just reset/respawn your car pressing space bar
How about creating clutch curves for each car.
X axis = pedal pressure
Y axis = clutch engagement
Quote from Whiskey :Just reset/respawn your car pressing space bar

tried it but mine is set for the M key. yeah it does the job but i feel as though it still shouldn't be too hard to implement my suggestion as the clutch heats up very fast IMO but still it's good because it forces people to learn and almost make them properly shift with the clutch.

Clutch Improvements
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG