The online racing simulator
Car Problem - No Drive
(101 posts, started )
Jokes about the DMF failure, surely you'd have noticed extra vibes.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Jokes about the DMF failure, surely you'd have noticed extra vibes.

Not always, if it goes gradually then yes, but if it was an instant failure (which I assume Jakg's was) you'd have no such issues.
Quote from Jakg :
I'm not going to get the bumper repaired, nor would they have the facilities to do so. I'll just be looking for straight £

sigh
#79 - Jakg
#80 - Jakg
Car returned today, everything works fine. Clutch feels a *lot* lighter (which suggests it's been this way for quite a while) now.

Glad to have my car back, although my wallet now hurts, quite a lot...
Quote from Jakg :Car returned today, everything works fine. Clutch feels a *lot* lighter (which suggests it's been this way for quite a while) now.

Glad to have my car back, although my wallet now hurts, quite a lot...

Gee I would have turned the key and see if the car moved, if however you're driving a hydrostatic clutch, i would look at a fluid level,,,what did that cost you....not in time vehicle maintenance but time down all round.

AAnt
i'd have made them fix it

they make an error, you get the company to deal with it, garages are dodgy ****s and most will rip you off if you just ask for cash. Chances are you'll fork out for it yourself.
Quote from Klutch :i'd have made them fix it

they make an error, you get the company to deal with it, garages are dodgy ****s and most will rip you off if you just ask for cash. Chances are you'll fork out for it yourself.

Take those pics to anybody who repairs, he'll/she'll say show me..try that with your doctor (if you have can afford one) they will say...show me the rash,,not a picture.

Everyone quick..take your broken cars to Klutch...he amazing..fixes for free..
I honestly think you're ****ing brain damaged or have down syndrome.
Quote from Klutch :I honestly think you're ****ing brain damaged or have down syndrome.

I cannot believe I'm about to say this, but I agree with Klutch. What AtomAnt just said made as much sence as typing with your buttocks.
#87 - Jakg
Quote from Klutch :i'd have made them fix it

If I get cash in my pocket I can either pay for a repair myself, or buy another bumper. The garage are quite small and don't have any bodyshop stuff in house so would have to bring in someone from outside anyway.
Yes but they're a workshop, they'll have insurance, and they'll get it sorted and fixed without you having to do anything.

Most workshops won't just give you cash and say "Hey, Go fix it yourself"
For one, you'll need to ring around and get quotes, they wont just go "thats about...$500, here ya go" And if you don't get a quote cheap enough who says they will even give you the cash?

If you didn't make a claim and they decide they don't want to give you cash, you don't have a leg to stand on and you're completely ****ed.
#89 - Jakg
I would imagine the cost of a smart repair would be less than the excess on their insurance, I wouldn't imagine it would be cost effective to claim
Probably not, but i'd rather pay the excess knowing the job would get done and theres no way they'd try to slime out of it.

workshops are dodgy ****s, the lot of them. theres only 2 places i trust here in perth and thats because i sat there and watched them do there work lol
#91 - Jakg
Quote from Klutch :Probably not, but i'd rather pay the excess knowing the job would get done and theres no way they'd try to slime out of it.

workshops are dodgy ****s, the lot of them. theres only 2 places i trust here in perth and thats because i sat there and watched them do there work lol

What I meant was that I would imagine THEIR insurance excess would be so high they wouldn't claim, instead they'd just sort it out themselves.
Business insurance most likely does not work the same as private insurance regarding excesses.

I would say you have close to zero chance of getting cash, for a start it would need to have proper paperwork at their end, and if they pay for an actual repair then they could probably claim back VAT etc, so its better for them.
Jack you're being a numpty, claim it back off of the garage if they damaged it. Get a written quote from a local bodyshop and give this to the garage or something.
Have you been caining that car about? Or riding the clutch?
#95 - Jakg
Quote from mcgas001 :Have you been caining that car about? Or riding the clutch?

No, i'm quite gentle on the clutch (in fact, in the last 5-10k pretty much all my downshifts are clutchless), and I don't ride it etc (i'm not pretending i'm easy on the car, but I am on the clutch at least).

HOWEVER I can't speak for the other 80k of the cars life. Remember the car also has a little more power than original (the clutch was designed for ~115 BHP and the car has maybe 150-160 now).
#96 - senn
Put a heavy duty pressure plate and a heavier duty organic clutch in it. Better performance without losing drivability (ie no leg cramps when navigating peak hour/heavy traffic) no shuddering etc. Race clutches are a whore in traffic.
#97 - Jakg
Quote from senn :Put a heavy duty pressure plate and a heavier duty organic clutch in it. Better performance without losing drivability (ie no leg cramps when navigating peak hour/heavy traffic) no shuddering etc. Race clutches are a whore in traffic.

I wanted to, but I don't know of anyone who supplies an upgraded clutch. I've heard of one member on another forum who went for a new organic clutch + new IC + a remap and the bill came to £3.5k (although he never said any more info so maybe it's BS), and the bill was crippling enough as it is.
#98 - senn
Clutch like that here would run about $600 AUD, or around 300 pound, installed. Do Exedy retail where you are?
It wasn't so much the clutch as the dual mass flywheel. They aren't cheap, even in Aus.
Quote from senn :Clutch like that here would run about $600 AUD, or around 300 pound, installed. Do Exedy retail where you are?

I think the clutch / hydraulics came to ~£300... the DMF was £400 + the labour as well.

Car Problem - No Drive
(101 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG