The online racing simulator
Would i buy it yet?
(21 posts, started )
Would i buy it yet?
Would I buy S2? Or is S3 coming soon? I have played the demo alot and I liked it alot! It seems S3 is coming this year?
#2 - hp999
You are better off buying the S2, since there is no difference. S3 costs 12 more pounds than S2 anyways.
when S3 is released you will still need to buy s2.

If you have/buy S2 then when S3 is released you will simply pay just for S3 (which if it stays the same price as the others will an additional £12). If you wait for S3 you will still have to pay the same as you will be buying S1,2 and 3 all together.
Hehe thats true. Quite stupid question . But how long they have developed S3? Have they told any deadlines?
No release date has been given for S3, if you keep checking the forum and home page for news/updates.

Also have a look in the test patch section (Here) of the forum for all the the patches and updates

You should find plenty of life in S2 while you wait for it though
S3 is only content (like an expansion pack). You shouldn't be worried about developing time, as those improvemets come to demo, S1, S2 and S3 anyway

Waiting for S3 without buying S2 now is just plain stupid IMO
You have nothing to loose, but a lot to win. Don't know why so many people have troubles in such an easy question (I like LFS, maybe people bored about it has their own opinion).
Quote from Whiskey :S3 is only content (like an expansion pack). You shouldn't be worried about developing time, as those improvemets come to demo, S1, S2 and S3 anyway

Indeed, regardless of S3, LFS S2 is good value for money and if you've had fun on demo (with over 8000 miles - it seems like it!) you'd enjoy S2 even more.

Hoping to see you on track soon!
S2 is by far the most value I have ever got buying a computer game.
So S3 will cost 12 + 12 + 12 = £36 for a non-licensed user. Ouch.
...which is demo + S1 + S2 + S3. Not bad
Quote from wolfshark :So S3 will cost 12 + 12 + 12 = £36 for a non-licensed user. Ouch.

Better get S2 then ;-)
I lost my enthusiasm - Duke nukem forever is out before S3.
And as we all know LFS is not very active nowadays.

+ I am a student and my monthly hostel rent is less than £36
I admit you do get a lot of game for that money and i will eventually buy it (S1 or S2) if it revives (which i am not sure). Plus i can't get the FFB to work properly in Linux, so i don't play anything recently.
Quote from wolfshark :I lost my enthusiasm - Duke nukem forever is out before S3.

I admit you do get a lot of game for that money and i will eventually buy it (S1 or S2) if it revives (which i am not sure). Plus i can't get the FFB to work properly in Linux, so i don't play anything recently.

Is not very Active?, are you joking right?
Quote from wolfshark :I lost my enthusiasm - Duke nukem forever is out before S3.

DNF is crap.
LFS is active (where have you read it is not?).

LFS is not a montly fee.
Should be possible (else switch to Windows).
Quote from Bose321 :0. DNF is crap.
1. LFS is active (where have you read it is not?).

2. LFS is not a montly fee.
3. Should be possible (else switch to Windows).

0. He will piss on your dead body for that

1. Kinda - on lfsworld i counted 7 servers that there are enough people for an actual racing. Only 1 of the servers is S1 compatible (for now i only want S1) - checked it with lfs remote and realized that that's some stupid mod and they aren't actually racing the same applies to some other S2 server. So 7-2=5 - well not really, because there are 2 drifting servers, so 5-2=3. 3 servers that you can actually race and one of them is oval And of course none of them S1
So yeah it's live and kicking.

2. Yes - true

3. Windows? Hello - i am trying to avoid that.

p.p. lol they started racing on that S1 server
Quote from wolfshark :
1. Kinda - on lfsworld i counted 7 servers that there are enough people for an actual racing. Only 1 of the servers is S1 compatible (for now i only want S1) - checked it with lfs remote and realized that that's some stupid mod and they aren't actually racing the same applies to some other S2 server. So 7-2=5 - well not really, because there are 2 drifting servers, so 5-2=3. 3 servers that you can actually race and one of them is oval And of course none of them S1
So yeah it's live and kicking.

Perhaps you've picked a bad time to check. There might not be many real racing servers, but those that are there are actually quite good (or were last time I checked).
As far as the community knows, the only extra content in S3 will be the Rockingham circuit and one German 200bhp FWD car that looks like flattened frog. Plus only God knows when it's gonna actually be released. You will have a lot of fun just with S2 for long time.

Quote from wolfshark :
3. Windows? Hello - i am trying to avoid that.

I'm pretty confident it will work eventually, there's no reason why it wouldn't...
Quote from MadCatX :As far as the community knows, the only extra content in S3 will be the Rockingham circuit and one unkown car yet

Fixed
The Scirocco is S1
Quote from wolfshark :...
+ I am a student and my monthly hostel rent is less than £36.

Mine is less than £10, and I don't see any problem buying S2.

Quote from MadCatX :...
As far as the community knows, the only extra content in S3 will be the Rockingham circuit and one German 200bhp FWD car that looks like flattened frog. Plus only God knows when it's gonna actually be released. You will have a lot of fun just with S2 for long time.

Quote from MadCatX :
I'm pretty confident it will work eventually, there's no reason why it wouldn't...

Just to be precise, LFS runs perfectly on Linux with WINE(translation layer between OpenGL and DirectX functions). Scawen even made new shadow rendering system for Linux users(if I remember correctly).
No, the game runs perfectly, but there are some FFB issues that have nothing to do with the game, but with the drivers and wine. MadCatX done an absolute magic and things are far better now!
Quote from Bigbob1993 :Just to be precise, LFS runs perfectly on Linux with WINE(translation layer between OpenGL and DirectX functions). Scawen even made new shadow rendering system for Linux users(if I remember correctly).

To be pedantically precise WINE is complete Windows API implementation for UNIX systems. As wolfshark said, there are few issues mostly regarding FF support which probably go on account of incomplete kernel drivers. It's being worked on though...

Quote from Keling :

I can't help it, this image springs to my mind whenever I see a Rocco roaming the highways.

Would i buy it yet?
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG