The online racing simulator
Cerb ChalkAlpha.dds
(7 posts, started )
Cerb ChalkAlpha.dds
since the latest test patch came out i believe the cerb chalk dds files are not working anymore. so is somebody already making new ones or are there any new ones out there yet ?

thanks for helping
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :i dont understand what you mean here?

exactly as i wrote it in my opening post.

there used to be a kind of mod, when the chalk arrows where turned into red & white curbs. since the latest patch came out this mod doesnt work anymore. so i wonder if there's some new one out yet.
i'm just searching for red & white curbs which has been replaced as the arrows in the chalkalpha.dds files in previous versions of lfs. it seems they have been replaced to its standard again since the new patch came out and we need somebody to edit/modify them again. as far as i can see it hasnt been done yet, sadly.
I have noticed this too. chalkALPHA.dds modification does not affect chalks in game anymore.

Years ago I have created custom chalkALPHA.dds for our Caribbean Cruise server (now CLC). My goal was to change arrows from handmade chalk drawings to normal painted road signs, to be used for cruise layouts. And also change straight chalk lines to painted lines, without notches at both ends.
Modified DDS file was offered to our regular cruisers for download and overwrite original. Today when I modify it in Photoshop, LFS still shows originals. Tested with older LFS versions and it worked well there.

Is there any way to modify chalks again? Which DDS is it now?
Or is it inside the game now since the new feature of optional chalk colours?
The chalk textures are now in AX_CHALKALPHA.dds.
Easy, the only thing I did was sorted the dds folder by modified date and voilà, the few new files with AX_ prefix appeared at the top. And I only tried to open it to make sure it is the right file.

Cerb ChalkAlpha.dds
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG