The online racing simulator
Some random bits from driftworks...

The car has been reported to be involved in a police chase in kent - Confirmed false.. damn, was looking for to that episode of traffic cops
Quote :its currently being chased on the M25 by undercover

that 100% defo

DW thread

All kicking off now apparently. Choppers are up. The guy is done - Hopefully the scum gets whats coming to him.

Edit - Bah, screw this. Just further speculation. Nothing official...
Quote from DevilDare :

DW thread

All kicking off now apparently. Choppers are up. The guy is done - Hopefully the scum gets whats coming to him.

It won't last long, apparently there wasn't much fuel in it when it was stolen.

And also apparently, as said ages ago, it can be filled up by canisters
I'mma stand by my original thoughts still. If the driver is apparantly dumb, then its even more sad he is still in possession of the car.
Apparently the battery was disconnected when the car was stolen, so it wasn't an opportunity theft, but stolen to order. Which pretty much means it is in bits and/or out of the country by now.
Copypaste from drifted.com's FB page -

"The BBC are due to run a piece on the 22:00 News on the missing Japspeed Subaru. Thanks for all the response so far guys, the Japspeed guys are overwhelmed with the support."
#34 - Jakg
I find it beyond ridiculous that the car is on the road. Nobody is stupid enough to drive a car with no numberplate on the ****ing M25, let alone one that sticks out like nothing else.

I wonder if theres something else going on...

(but I could totally understand if it was stolen to order, with various parts turning up on eBay and the engine / shell appearing sans serial numbers).
just popped into this; insane story!
hope the car can be caught in an OK state, but things seem really strange.
How it got stolen seems pretty professional, but how they behave on the road seems like the opposite.

(I seem to like the word seem.)
I think the comments about the fuel is that it only has a small tank so would need to be re-fuelled regularly. Hopefully the car can be found but I doubt anyone is stupid enough to drive it around.
#37 - PoVo
Quote from Greboth :I think the comments about the fuel is that it only has a small tank so would need to be re-fuelled regularly. Hopefully the car can be found but I doubt anyone is stupid enough to drive it around.

It also runs on race fuel.

It means either they have a supply of the fuel somewhere, or turned up in a load of jerry cans
This has pretty much been my Anti-Depressant from Peugeot losing. I plan on following this all day as much as i can. Won't be surprised if some special pops up on this on a auto channel.
What the eff guys? It's not some kind of super-low-tolerance F1-like powerhouse, it's a 1JZ. As long as you don't boost, it'll run on pump fuel just fine.
E: Maybe not "just fine", but it'll run.
its apparently been spotted being driven tonight which amazes me that these prats are still driving this thing about its a race car through and through and theyre playing with it like its a toy
I reckon it will be driven and burnt tonight. This is clearly not a stolen to order affair.
Quote from doyal :I reckon it will be driven and burnt tonight. This is clearly not a stolen to order affair.

Indeed, the disconnected battery can't have been as much of a hindrance as reported as it sounds like a chav decided to have a play and got lucky., but since it was filmed 70 miles up the road and getting given a boot full, a "lack of fuel" was hardly an issue.
well a lot of people have been at wolf lane which is where it was last spotted today which tbh is a bit stupid because if the people who stole it get a little aggrivated by this they could resort to violence
#44 - PoVo
Hope it is found, it'll either be found in one piece or certain parts of it tracked down.

Now that it's been on the news, most of the grannies will see it and, unfortunately, likely not do anything.

Right now it's probably sat undercover in a workshop in the middle of nowhere.
Bunch of BS sightings imo. Knowing DW members if they saw the car, they would have gave chase and ignored the wishes of those who praised not to follow. As bad as a rap the police get, they would have apprehended them awhile ago. The car is sitting over on Wolf's Lane in the upper end

Obviously security was bribed and they bought multiple canisters of fuel before doing this. Stored the canisters in another car. Had the "cargo" car follow a ways back for refuel off the highway in a secluded mazelike area such as Wolf's Lane.

Considering they must be able to afford all the gas and to pay off guards, they could live there in the neighborhood.
Mitto has had a report that its filling up in an Esso garage near Windsor I believe... Is going to check the route now
Didn't exactly look through all of it, but did they get the actual people who stole it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG