The online racing simulator
Pinks All Out
Hey guys(Is it me or am i the only person who is actively using PRISM?), I am going to be making a new type of plugin, It has to deal with racing... it is like the show called Pinks All Out, where you race for money.

You start out with a set amount of money(can be changed by admin), every time you crash or take damage, the cost comes out of your own cash, If you choose not to pay for repairs right away, you will have to add on specific weight, and intake restrictions, other wise you will be removed from the race, and if you fail to pay the damage amount by the time your car reaches full restrictions, you will be forced to pay the full fine of the cost, Also, if you crash the other racer, YOU will be held liable, for repairing their cars, the cash will automatically be deducted from your account at the end of the race.

Every time, that you win a race, you will get some money, But, Here is the catch, there will be a sort of license point system, newbies(races 1-20) don't have to pay entry fee, but experts and intermediate do.

This will be coming within the next week or 2
Quote from T3charmy :(Is it me or am i the only person who is actively using PRISM?

Pretty sure Dave (cargame.nl) is working on some stuff... The above sounds interesting; just make sure that its not too complicated for people who'd be just joining into the server.

One concern with the above, regarding crashing; what if fully inexperience drivers or intentional wreckers join and ruin your race - you're bound to get penalized for damages they've caused to you car, right? or would you be able to correctly penalize the one who initiated the crash? And when you consider lag hits...

Keep that in mind as this type of server will attract many many wreckers..

Good luck though, I'd be interested to see how this turn out.
Quote from Silverracer :Pretty sure Dave (cargame.nl) is working on some stuff... The above sounds interesting; just make sure that its not too complicated for people who'd be just joining into the server.

One concern with the above, regarding crashing; what if fully inexperience drivers or intentional wreckers join and ruin your race - you're bound to get penalized for damages they've caused to you car, right? or would you be able to correctly penalize the one who initiated the crash? And when you consider lag hits...

Keep that in mind as this type of server will attract many many wreckers..

Good luck though, I'd be interested to see how this turn out.

Any damage they do to your car will be against them, and they must pay, We will also take in to consideration lag spikes/hits
But determing who initiated the crash is pretty... hard... not to say impossible in some situations...

Like if the wrecker races normally and breaks suddenly 100m before the actual break point... Would the racer behind the wracker be liable for crashing into him?
And who is responsible for side-by-side crashed?
This project is an awesome idea. How is InSim work going? Do you need any help? PM me if yes. I had the same idea for new type of fun in LFS but I'm waiting for next stable release.

Cooperating will be good for us (we can both learn from others) and for project (faster development and new, better addons).
0.3.4 version is partially what I was waiting for. IS_CON packet and IS_RST changes added to PRISM. So now I'm waiting only for including prism_database module. I think, I gave you an DB class that extends PDO. It can work as prism_database module. DB class is an singleton, you can use it by writing:

$db = DB::gi();

I'd be more then happy to discuss a database module with you in the 0.3.4 thread, so it can be properly implemented within 0.3.5. Although, I really want to put some polish on the web front end for that release.
Any news on this ?
Quote from Mikjen :Any news on this ?

nah, been quite busy, On my last week of school(for this year), and then I am free to do what ever, I got a huge list of things to do over the summer, got to finish my social network, got to finish this... etc :P
Quote from T3charmy :got to finish my social network

Your never going to finish it, facebook will never be finished. It's organic, it grows with it's user base.
Quote :This will be coming within the next week or 2

You made the post over 2 weeks ago

only kidding m8

Quote from Dygear :Your never going to finish it, facebook will never be finished. It's organic, it grows with it's user base.

Yes, I have said that... before in one of my post here... I only meant the base of it so i can get it out for people to use

Pinks All Out
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG