The online racing simulator
Quote from Red_Scorpion :Not sure if it was mentioned, but the speedometer stays at zero when gear is in reverse and going backwards, gear in reverse and car sliding forward speedometer reads normally.

And...

As long as the output shaft of the trans is rotating the direction it does when the car moves foward, it registers speed.
I really like the improevments (I'll miss using the H-shifter in the FOX though)!
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :I dont know if this is possible mantaining the retrocompatibility with patch U, but it would be very usefull for all the people that like me have disabled the Steering wheel visualization in lfs if on Fv8 and Bf1 the incar Hud would be visualized without the wheel too (something like the AIM in netkarpro)

Atm each time i use fv8 and bf1 i have to reactivate steering wheel and pilot, losing time and playing not as i would like, because no steering wheel becamed an habit.

Like this attached picture?

You can already set up a custom view for each car just how you like, and set custom view to be the default view.
Attached images
Image1.jpg
Quote from Red_Scorpion :Not sure if it was mentioned, but the speedometer stays at zero when gear is in reverse and going backwards, gear in reverse and car sliding forward speedometer reads normally.

OK - and that's how it should be, right?
Quote from Scawen :OK - and that's how it should be, right?

As far as I know, in some modern cars with electronic speedos the reverse speed is displayed as well. Have you checked how it is in your car?

Edit: Keeping in mind that most of LFS's roadcars are '80/'90 style that's probably not a big deal.
this is an old request about costum views ... could you add a button to set the custom view to the cockpit view camera position ?
Quote from GP4Flo :Have you checked how it is in your car?

No, but I will try and remember to do it next time I go out. The car's cold now so I won't start it specially for that. I have just never noticed a speedo working in reverse but I guess that could be from the days of the speedo cable.

I don't often reverse at high speed while looking forward.
Quote from Azaazaa :Would it be possible to get an option to choose beatween the old actual car speed speedometer and the new driveshaft speed speedometer?

+1

I'd actually like to keep the old speedo too because it's easier to be consistent with it. Then again it's less realistic and probably gives you a slight advantage...
I'm only asking for this because I'm very dependant of the speedo, I tend to use it all the time and I've learned to estimate from the corner speeds how well I hit a certain split. I might get used to it eventually but I thought I'd voice my support on an option to keep the old speedo.

Anything to gain an advantage over biggie!

I really like it the way it is now. It's a real plus to have a genuinely realistic read-out. I do agree that it's more of a challenge to anticipate speed when your speedometer is this way, but that to me is a plus.

If it were to become an option, I wouldn't complain, but I do like the reality of it now.
Quote from Scawen :I don't often reverse at high speed while looking forward.

You don't know what you're missing!

[EDIT] Incidentally, the speedo in mine stays at 0 when in reverse, but generally doesn't register anything until I'm doing at least 10mph forwards either!
I agree with biggie too, it would be nice to have the option, because in the F1 car, you need EXACT speed, where in say... other cars, it doesn't quite matter.
The reason I'd like to have the old style speedometer option is that I like to drive rallycross with the high powered rwd cars a lot. It looks a bit annoying when the digital speedometer bounces beatween 0-150 km/h all the time in lx6 or raceabout. Looks cool with the analog speedometer though, but using analog is a bit useless because you need a microscope to see the numbers on it when using km/h scale.
+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

for the choice of speedometers.
talking about realism, i miss the shift-possibility after the LAST gear already in use...
it was possible BEFORE the digital speedo changed it's font style to "digits".

now you can't lay in the "next" gear after the last... the shifting process just stops after the last gear.

you get me?

edit: keep the way of speed measurement as real as possible... after all it's a simulator.
i like to screw all possible options to my desires BIG THX for that.
and when the fastest people get in trouble over their driving-styles (you know the way of getting used to a car/track combo) the'll adapt and thus still be the fastest...

regards...
I have not read all sites, so sorry if this has been asked before, but -
After install the new patch, I can`t get my automatically gearing to work.
Everything is like before the new patch, I choose in game (shift+g) autoshit - on, and in option aswell.

But, nothing happens. It just don`t gear up, or down no mather what, and a BF1 car with one gear kind of screws your ears :S

Anyone else getting this problem, or only me that got it?

Rest of wheel / pedals and buttons work as normal, only the gearing that don`t seems to work right :/
Quote from The Very End :I have not read all sites, so sorry if this has been asked before, but -
After install the new patch, I can`t get my automatically gearing to work.
Everything is like before the new patch, I choose in game (shift+g) autoshit - on, and in option aswell.

But, nothing happens. It just don`t gear up, or down no mather what, and a BF1 car with one gear kind of screws your ears :S

Anyone else getting this problem, or only me that got it?

Rest of wheel / pedals and buttons work as normal, only the gearing that don`t seems to work right :/

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=159467#post159467
Thank you for the help
Have a nice day further
Thanks for the patches, good to see the speedo working properly. Lots of little changes, ironing out some of the little creases.
It's not really a bug or anything that has to do with the latest patches, but it started a little while ago. I was experimenting with a clutch pedal, wich didn't work out very well, so I put all my settings to normal again. But after this, every time I start lfs or look into windows again while the game is running, my axis reset. So if I forget to recalibrate everytime I start LFS, I keep getting full throttle and brake and the steering is very small. The weirdest thing about this is, that one time, I looked closer to my axis, and they were ALL called X, instead of slider 1, axes X, Y, ... I only had this once, but maybe it has to do something with it. I didn't change anything in my settings in windows, and the only setting I changed in my profiler is the sensitivity, and I don't think that's it.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone, and someone might be able to help me! It's really annoying to recalibrate every single time... I hoped the latest patches would help, but they don't...
erm sorry to annoy, but shouldn't this cause the engine to go out? instead of some magic intervention from who knows, give it a bit of gas and clutch to keep it alive...

spr attached for inpection, auto-clutch is OFF and the clutch was bound to a button...

see for yourself...
Attached files
---Micha---_BL1_FO8.spr - 3.8 KB - 154 views
Quote from Scawen :Like this attached picture?

You can already set up a custom view for each car just how you like, and set custom view to be the default view.

No, maybe i explained bad.

I mean real datas, like the one on the steering wheel, but locked on the cockpit and not on the wheel. Something like the FOX without the steering wheel.

I have never used virtual ones. I don't like it. :/
The BMW F1.06 only has the displays that are on the wheel. The real car has no other displays.
That's the downside of having a real car in LFS....

Vain
Quote from Vain :The BMW F1.06 only has the displays that are on the wheel. The real car has no other displays.
That's the downside of having a real car in LFS....

Vain

Ok, but this is a game, the devs can modify it has they like.
And the game is full of bf1 with ferrari, mclaren and other f1 team skins...

And however Fv8 isnt a real car.

I mean only something that split the display from the wheel and attack it in the middle of the cockpit when wheel is not visualized.
Quote from Scawen :I don't often reverse at high speed while looking forward.

pfffffff... noob
Quote from sgt.flippy :So if I forget to recalibrate everytime I start LFS, I keep getting full throttle and brake and the steering is very small.

Have you clicked the Calibration Lock option (at bottom of controller setup screen when you are in axes mode). Move your axes through their full range then click Calibration Lock.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG