The online racing simulator
L.A Noire
(51 posts, started )
#27 - JJ72
Quote from FPVaaron :Now you're taking things out of proportion to what I'm saying, if you're so against realism perhaps the game could do without integration too? hey maybe no driving at all, actually let's all just play 1972's famous game Pong instead.

You like simple easy driving then that's good for you, tell me more about your mustang on Juiced 2.

As I've previously stated the game could do well if it provided some more realistic driving experience other than holding what appears to be a sculptured brick that accelerates to it's top speed of 60mph in 4 seconds at full throttle for 5mins while you take a nap.

You know what, I just let my buddy do the driving in this game.....except in the odd car chase of course.

The driving part is hardly important in the grand scheme of things, about just as important as the automatic jumping/climbing mechanics of your character movement. People did complain about GTA4 having spongy and slippery cars, so just face it for the general gaming public (actually I know many girls are interested in this title as well) more realism =/= better, or even adds to the immersion.

I just made it into homicide and the game starts to get interesting at that point, things start to get more complicated and the game doesn't hold your hand as often, I also think not using the intuition makes the game much better overall.
I just finished Homicide. Definitely a bit of tension near the end. Very fun
i got far in the interviews in this game just by pressing triangle all the time.
#30 - JJ72
Quote from theirishnoob :i got far in the interviews in this game just by pressing triangle all the time.

really? most of mine are square/ X on the 360.

The acting is more superficial in the opening stage, then seem to be toned down a bit later on.
The acting in the beginning is like "DEATH GLARE" = "Truth".. SHIFTY EYES LIKE I HAVE JUST HAD 10 CUPS OF COFFEE = "Doubt or Lie (depending on evidence)"
Quote from JJ72 :really? most of mine are square/ X on the 360.

The acting is more superficial in the opening stage, then seem to be toned down a bit later on.

nah, i just played it as racially motovated as possible to be real as to the time its set

250g achievement - Hitler was a ****.
Yeah, the acting is very broad to begin with and gets more subtle as it goes on. I've been screwed over several times going for "doubt" based solely on shifty eyes because I forgot I actually had some clue in the bank that would have pinned a lie on them. :/
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yeah, the acting is very broad to begin with and gets more subtle as it goes on. I've been screwed over several times going for "doubt" based solely on shifty eyes because I forgot I actually had some clue in the bank that would have pinned a lie on them. :/

I've began checking my clue list before making a decision every time I get the option for that very reason.
Sometimes it's a bit dodgy, though... there are clues that the game thinks pin the suspect to a lie, while I think they're a bit ambiguous. Which I guess is good, because it reminds you that there's some gut instinct involved in the whole thing.
Is it just me or are the graphics pretty awful? I'm playing on 1080i and between the scenery popping in and out, the complete lack of any anti-aliasing, and often low framerate i'm very close to returning this game. Honestly I expected something a lot closer to red dead and so far la noire is not nearly as polished.
#37 - JJ72
the open world is pretty barren, but the interior areas are all right, nothing advanced in lighting technology but texture work is decent. Save for few moments in some car chase the framerate problem isn't too obvious.

Don't sell it for graphical reasons though, as a game it is worth playing till the end.
Quote from flymike91 :Is it just me or are the graphics pretty awful? I'm playing on 1080i and between the scenery popping in and out, the complete lack of any anti-aliasing, and often low framerate i'm very close to returning this game. Honestly I expected something a lot closer to red dead and so far la noire is not nearly as polished.

The 360 version is of worse graphical quality than the PS3 version.

I've just finished the game however. Wrapped it up quite nicely. Now to go through and 100% it, find the missing stuff. Platinum the mother****er!
Quote from flymike91 :Is it just me or are the graphics pretty awful? I'm playing on 1080i and between the scenery popping in and out, the complete lack of any anti-aliasing, and often low framerate i'm very close to returning this game. Honestly I expected something a lot closer to red dead and so far la noire is not nearly as polished.

Hmm... on PS3, the graphics of LA noire are crisper than both GTA IV and RDR, while it does look a little sterile in comparison. But then, if you turn on the black&white filter, that creates the perfect 40ies movie atmosphere...

And I do think that LA Noire runs on 720p with 2xMSAA...
http://www.eurogamer.net/artic ... foundry-la-noire-face-off

But graphics aside, it's such a strong narrative that I think it's worth playing through. It's just like a good TV series.
That was a good article. Maybe I'll try changing resolution and see what works. Also i'm using an hdmi cable for the first time so all my games look a little different now.
I've beaten the game.

Now to go through and 100% it.
Quote from flymike91 :That was a good article. Maybe I'll try changing resolution and see what works. Also i'm using an hdmi cable for the first time so all my games look a little different now.

You don't have to change the resolution manually. The game simply runs at 720p.

So the cause of your problem could be two things: the pixel mask of your 1080i TV causes a jagged image of a 720p picture.
Or because you were used to the washed out SD picture, where you don't notice individual pixels that much, but rather a general screen blur, you're simply not used to the better resolution image.

A possible solution is sitting further away from the TV. If you had a smallish SD TV and exchanged it for a big HD TV, but didn't change the couch to TV setup, you might be simply sitting to close. As a rule of thumb, the distance to your TV should be 2.5 to 3 times the diagonal size of it.
http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/108561

Quote :The nuclear option is to accuse her of lying. You have the victim's library card, for instance. Phelps could tell the landlady he knows she's lying and brandish the library card to prove ... what, exactly? That you know the victim used the L.A. library system, so the landlady must know something? Obviously it's a ridiculous idea, but in the strange logic of L.A. Noire, it just might work. In cases like this, you're shooting in the dark. You want the landlady to tell you whatever she has internally dismissed as irrelevant or unkind about the victim, but your options suggest nothing about how you will accomplish that.

http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/9397/LA-Noire.html

Quote :What eventually passes for core gameplay in LA Noire is a bad guessing game in which you have to decide whether people are lying and which bits of evidence from your inventory confirm the lie. It's all very vague, and you'll feel like quite the schmuck when you're sure you've cornered a suspect, only to realize that the game's writer was on a different page. Not that it matters, which is a terrible thing to say about core gameplay. LA Noire is a strictly linear story that will push you through its central plot, complete with scripted failures where you have to make a decision even though you know it's wrong. It grades you as you go, but still passes you through its predetermined solutions one at a time, regardless of what you do. LA Noire plays itself out. You're just turning the matchbooks and playing guessing games with the writers.

Somehow i like it, somehow i don't.

I generally like the look of the game, the facial animations, etc... but at the same time, i'm finding it hard not to fall asleep while playing.
Oh. I got 100% trophies for LA Noire.
#48 - Uke
L.A. Noire for PC announced! More HD, more textures, promises for no console port, better overall handling and smoothness.

If all these things will work then I love *R.
I still haven't finished this game. Can't play it for longer than an hour or i'll fall asleep...

L.A Noire
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG