The online racing simulator
Right-foot brakers unite!
(82 posts, started )
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Indeed I will agree any day that people displaying poor driving while on cell phones are far worse.

Anticipative guessing is intuitive for some and not for others. Even if you've "got it", it still dreadfully annoying being behind someone with their brake lights either on constantly or flickering since there is just enough weight on the pedal to cause it to flutter.

If one doesn't have the processing power in their grey matter to be able to drive while talking on a cell phone, they shouldn't be able to own either a car or a cell phone.

I'm all full of rant today I must be in a bad mood.

It's annoying being behind 90% of the drivers in the world.

At the risk of dangling off topic;

I would only contest one point comrade, nobody posses the ability to hold a phone up to their ear and drive at the same time. Hands free devices are fine, but the whole world goes away to people when they put a phone to their ear and have to hold it there.

and to merge BACK on topic...LEFT FOOT BRAKERS UNITE!!! We are the true power brokers. We have the ability of ambidextrous behaviour with our feet while piloting a vehicle!!!! Just like left handed people, we're smarter than the rest.
Left foot braking with 2 pedals, right foot braking with 3 pedals. LFB'ing with 2 pedals does have it's advantages in my opinion (mainly @ silent_wind). It's faster and the transition is smoother, and it's easier to use them both together than heeling-toeing on a set MOMO pedals.

Besides, if a race driver was driving a car with 2 pedals, in a race (oddly enough), I reckon they'd make full use of both their feet nevertheless. People who right foot brake with a 2 pedal set could just go out and get a clutch pedal..
If im repeating anything anyones said im sorry, havnt read the whole thing..
I allways left foot brake in games and on the road (in my automatic). I allways keep my left foot hovering just above the brake pedal whether its in game or on the road. That couple tenths of a second it takes you to move your right foot back up 5 inches off the throttle and over to the left 3 inches will make a significant difference over the distance of several laps and on the real life roads that tenth of a second can mean getting in a wreck or not, as well as in the game actually.
Just try tapping both your feet (as fast as you can) as if you were alternating putting full pressure on a gas pedal, letting off, and then putting full pressure on the brake with the other foot and go back and forth. Then try (imagining) putting full press. on the accel and then brake alternating using only one foot, its physically impossible to do it faster than using two feet unless your coordination is just horribly poor. Even if, amazingly, you think it is possible, you still must admit you dont have as much immediate fine control because your having to use a whole lot more muscles to get your whole leg to move instead of just 'tapping' your feet on the pedals by just rotating your ankles a bit and using a bit of your two calve muscles.
Why have one leg sitting there doing nothing when it could quicken the inputs by sharing the work load? Its just a matter of practising for a bit with both feet. Took me about 4 days in my car before it was second nature.
#79 - Ant
When I was taught to drive, my driving instructor told me the reason that you use your right foot on both the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal was so that you didnt push them both at the same time. However when I took my advanded driving test that taught me to do that on occasions, such as driving through a ford , to keep the brakes functional.

As for driving while using a mobile phone, is that legal ? Here its an offence to use a mobile when driving .

Oh as for driving games, I used to brake and accelerate both with my left foot. Probably down to being left handed, although I do now a foot on each pedal
I always use my right foot, after not driving (IRL) for a while and left footing the brake in LFS for ages, it got into a bad habit. So now i have my own car i am a little bit more careful, and always use right foot irl and in lfs ;o

Plus you need that right foot for heel toe braking
Its not some difficult math equation to simply not touch the brake with your left foot when your not supposed. I think its funny how people act like its some unconcious, unavoidable thing, again i refer to my last post. But whatevah.
That reminds me of !

I drive a forklift at work every day. One of the forklifts i brake with my rigth foot and the other i only use my left foot. I don`t think of it - I just do it !

I brake my car with the rigth foot and, as I said in my first message, I brake in Lfs with my rigth.

You can differ between the feets, as it is the vehicle which puts you in the rigth "brake mode"

Right-foot brakers unite!
(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG