The online racing simulator
Quote from A.Ulleri :Second. Maybe it's just me but I haven't figured out how to rewind replays. If this still isn't in game would love to see this feature. If it's already in can someone tell me which button it is.

Due to the way replays work at the moment you can't (the replays are recording of inputs and the physics engine works from there, and the physics engine can't work backwards).

Scawen has said he'd like to do something to fix that issue, but when is an entirely different matter altogether.

Altogether: It's an entirely different matter
Thanks Scawen, some great additions in this patch :up:
everytime when track loads and game comes fullscreen i cant see a thing. I can hear sounds but i cant see a picture, its all black
Quote from GP4Flo :Here is my proposal for the Driving Force Pro default setting. Please tell me what you think about it.

I have quite different settings for buttons. My suggestion is assing only axes and gear changes to paddles, every week someone ask me how to do it (axes), but other buttons better leave empty for everyones own choice.
Quote from GP4Flo :Here is my proposal for the Driving Force Pro default setting. Please tell me what you think about it.

...thats the most strange button settings ive ever seen illepall

...actually i dont see the point in having a default button setting,
because we all more or less use personal settings. dont we? huh? hellooo?
there's only 1 little thingy,
when driving in reverse, it doesnt show the speed.
it stays at zero
digital and analog
oh, and if u flip ur car on the roof, go to the last gear, and see how fast it goes minus some couple of km/h or mp/h to be more correct
#57 - axus
Thanks again for the patch - I love some of the new features especially the proper speedo.

Can I suggest a little system for leagues that shouldn't be too hard to code and would be quite nifty? Save a qualifying order at the end of qualifying as a .whatever file and then be able to load it again later if you are an admin. I don't think there's any reason for this not to be compatible... but then again, I don't know much about how LFS works Its just a bit annoying when you have 20 cars on the grid and you have to order them manually from a list on a little piece of paper or something.
:elefant:
Quote from axus :Its just a bit annoying when you have 20 cars on the grid and you have to order them manually from a list on a little piece of paper or something.

Print Screen button + MS Paint does wonders
#60 - axus
Quote from Chaos :Print Screen button + MS Paint does wonders

OK, still takes about 2 min to arrange the grid though.
Scawen, more onboard views in U11 please.
good work, thank you
Would it be possible to get an option to choose beatween the old actual car speed speedometer and the new driveshaft speed speedometer?
Quote from axus :Can I suggest a little system for leagues that shouldn't be too hard to code and would be quite nifty? Save a qualifying order at the end of qualifying as a .whatever file and then be able to load it again later if you are an admin. I don't think there's any reason for this not to be compatible... but then again, I don't know much about how LFS works Its just a bit annoying when you have 20 cars on the grid and you have to order them manually from a list on a little piece of paper or something.

Actually much better would be if admin could add racers to grid (+ maybe with option to disable normal join at the same time). Little extra button in connection list, and/or command /add <name> or something. Dunno if it would require lot of changes to (net)code, but it would be very useful for leagues.
#65 - axus
Quote from hackerx :Actually much better would be if admin could add racers to grid (+ maybe with option to disable normal join at the same time). Little extra button in connection list, and/or command /add <name> or something. Dunno if it would require lot of changes to (net)code, but it would be very useful for leagues.

That wouldn't be compatible I think.
Quote from Pablo.CZ :I have quite different settings for buttons. My suggestion is assing only axes and gear changes to paddles, every week someone ask me how to do it (axes), but other buttons better leave empty for everyones own choice.

Quote from bo-kristiansen :...thats the most strange button settings ive ever seen

...actually i dont see the point in having a default button setting,
because we all more or less use personal settings. dont we? huh? hellooo?

Yes, we do have our own personal preferences. But what about users who have just bought the game want to hop in and drive? They will be disappointed if they cannot use the shifter or view buttons because they don't know yet how to configure them.

So what about posting the settings you are using? Maybe we can come to a reasonable default set.
Is possible?
Attached images
time.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Realistic speedometer based on drive shaft speed

Just a small one, on most real race cars the speed is worked from the wheels that dont drive the car. So in a FWD car it comes from the back wheels and in a RWD car itcomes from the Front (not sure about 4WD ). That way when you get wheel spin your not getting un-realistic data.
FWD cars have whats called a spliter box, it has 2 sensors, 1 on each wheel. It takes the speed from the faster wheel, because sometimes the car can lift an inside rear wheel when cornering. The wheel in the air would then have a slower speed.
Anyway, just to let ya know
Nice work with the patch
#69 - axus
Quote from El_TaxMaN :Is possible?

+1
Little thing caught my eye was that the speedo seems to be instantaneous for the road cars. Accelerating in xrt for example, every gearchange the speedo drops some 10kph and jumps back again once throttle is applied, I haven't noticed this in any real car. Some fwd cars measure the speed from rear wheels to give more accurate reading.

e: Pink tent on wheels beat me about this matter.
Well I installed it, recalibrated axis and re-set buttons. Car gets revd to the max as soon as it appears but it wont move. Dont know what Im doing wrong, I attached a pic which shows tach at max, 6th gear but still 0 km/h
Attached images
pic.jpg
Quote from BurnOut69 :Well I installed it, recalibrated axis and re-set buttons. Car gets revd to the max as soon as it appears but it wont move. Dont know what Im doing wrong, I attached a pic which shows tach at max, 6th gear but still 0 km/h

check your clutch settings... i got the clutch set to axis with the U10 patch and it was always engaged... set it back to button...
Yup I had clutch set to axis too when first started U10, was quite confusing, as it took some time to realise what's wrong. Have MS Sidewinder BTW.
Thanks guys. Patch had reset clutch AND it had set brake and throttle to separate axis when in my wheel (Logi FF) it has to be set to 'combined'

Phew
#75 - Jakg
yeap, all my controls got reset as well
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG