The online racing simulator
#1 - ZORER
Against upcoming internet filtering systems in Turkey. (by the evil government)
Loud.

Also, more likes/dislikes than views?
#3 - ZORER
i'm not surprised about more like-dislike than views. Lots of lots of interesting things happened here in last few years...
Uhm, no?

Its just how YouTube works. When a video starts getting lots of views it usually freezes at 301 for a while.

No conspiracy here.
#5 - ZORER
forget the clicks... those people are real.
What filtering? What restrictions? What is this thread about...a youtube movie about lots of people walking on the street?
#7 - ZORER
Quote from ZORER :it is really hard to tell what's happening here but u can read this AND COMMENTS on this link... http://www.journalistinturkey. ... e-death-of-internet_2038/

Quote :If you want a filter, for example because you want your child to be protected against filthy stuff, you have to subscribe to the applicable filter. All voluntarily, nothing mandatory.

so what's the problem with that? that's no different than going out and buying one of those cyber-nanny programs, except the kid can't get too smart and turn it off... it's not like you're being forced to use it.
Quote from bunder9999 :so what's the problem with that? that's no different than going out and buying one of those cyber-nanny programs, except the kid can't get too smart and turn it off... it's not like you're being forced to use it.

Try reading the rest of the article.

Quote :A government authority, the Prime Minister’s Information Technologies Board (BTK), defines the packages and will not make public which sites will be banned with which filters

Sounds promising to me.

Quote :Especially in Turkey, where the state has a totally hopeless record when it comes to internet freedom. Thousands of websites are blocked, bans on sites and communities come and go, and the government even made a plan to ban URLs with certain words in them (the plan was cancelled after too much criticism). So when the BTK says ‘users who want to surf the web freely can do so under the standard package’, we could, ironically, get very happy: apparently starting August 22 they plan not only to introduce filters, but also end all bans that are in place now? I’m afraid not.

Looks like we're onto a winner.

On the plus for EU member states, if this gets passed it means Turkey will drive home the final nail on their coffin when it comes to their attempts to join the EU. Which is a bonus as they can't actually afford to be members of the club (much like most Eastern European countries, but the rules were relaxed slightly so they could break away from Russian dependence. Got to love politics).
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :

On the plus for EU member states, if this gets passed it means Turkey will drive home the final nail on their coffin when it comes to their attempts to join the EU. Which is a bonus as they can't actually afford to be members of the club (much like most Eastern European countries, but the rules were relaxed slightly so they could break away from Russian dependence. Got to love politics).

Yes u are right, but sadly i can't worry about the eu membership now because i am busy worrying about my freedom here.
Quote from ZORER :People protesting the upcoming ridiculous restrictions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ure=player_embedded#at=31

I was there in Taksim today (we live just off Istiklal Caddesi). We originally were planning to join in the parade but when it actually came past we realised just how many people had showed up for this demonstration. It was huge. So we thought we'd just go home instead. Job done. Message sent.
why does the government ban websites? I thought turkey was a normal place.
-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans
Quote from flymike91 :why does the government ban websites? I thought turkey was a normal place.

Not so long ago, the Turkish gov blocked access to youtube due to comments in videos criticising Ataturk (I think the main criticism was that Ataturk was 'gay'). The easiest way to deal with that was to just cut the tubes to youtube, although this was a far from reasonable response. The governments heavy hand in cases like this has made people really wary that any kind of filtering system would most likely be abused by the government in the future for whatever reasons.
Quote from flymike91 :why does the government ban websites? I thought turkey was a normal place.

because they already control nearly all of the newspapers and magazines, even books.. nearly all of the televisions, radios... they even control the journalists (the ones who they can't control are under investigation or in jail) they control all the information-news traffic. but till now, they only didn't have control over the internet. it was the only place people could write and read without any control. it was the only place that you could learn about what was really going on. now it is fading. and they call this "advanced democracy" .
Quote from Electrik Kar :Not so long ago, the Turkish gov blocked access to youtube due to comments in videos criticising Ataturk (I think the main criticism was that Ataturk was 'gay'). The easiest way to deal with that was to just cut the tubes to youtube, although this was a far from reasonable response. The governments heavy hand in cases like this has made people really wary that any kind of filtering system would most likely be abused by the government in the future for whatever reasons.

So if I quote your reply and retort with Ataturk is a flaming homosexual who abuses boys, you'll get cut off from LFS too?

Dude, bummer.
Ataturk is one hell of a cock.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG