The online racing simulator
A PC for $25
(32 posts, started )
sorry to be a pessimist but this cannot compete on the market because consumers hear "linux" and think "I'm not a basement hacker... Oooh shiny iPad!"
Quote from Whiskey :I have a doubt. That will use the HDMI for the image and the USB for touch input?
Would be funny to see how the computer connects with its 2 connectors to the same device

Touch screens are usually a standard LCD with a touchscreen membrane stuck over the screen. the touchscreen membranes are usually connected via serial (USB these days) and emulate a mouse. So it's perfectly logical for it to connect to the same device (actually 2 devices) using the 2 connectors. Hope that clears it up.

Oh forgot to mention, isn't OS X actually a linux distro? I'm pretty sure that the underlying software in the I wanks, sorry ipads is probably linux based aswell. I'm sure that there are or will be plenty of sites popping up with hacks etc to encourage use of the Pi
Quote from Jakg :**** selling it to end users... imagine integrating it *into* your TV.

Imagine? Plenty of tv's already have stuff like this built in. My Samsung tv has the same ARM11 processor with 256MB or 512MB ram (don't know the exact specs), running linux. It plays HD video from a USB key or LAN and comes with several internet apps like Youtube and Vimeo.
Quote from gandlers :Oh forgot to mention, isn't OS X actually a linux distro? I'm pretty sure that the underlying software in the I wanks, sorry ipads is probably linux based aswell. I'm sure that there are or will be plenty of sites popping up with hacks etc to encourage use of the Pi

No. Mac OSX is unix based. It shares some bits and pieces with FreeBSD and NetBSD as well.
#30 - PoVo
Anyone heard about the new Tri-Gate processors? I wonder when those get released.
Looks very interesting...will definitely be buying one of those when they become available. I don't have any specific use in mind yet, but it'd be worth it just to play around with.

Quote from hazaky :Anyone heard about the new Tri-Gate processors? I wonder when those get released.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/ ... stors-shipping-in-2h-2011

Quote :The bigger story here actually has to do with Atom. The biggest gains Intel is showing are at very low voltages, exactly what will benefit ultra mobile SoCs. Atom has had a tough time getting into smartphones and while we may see limited success at 32nm, the real future is what happens at 22nm. Atom is due for a new microprocessor architecture in 2012, if Intel goes the risky route and combines it with its 22nm process it could have a knockout on its hands.

A PC for $25
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG