The online racing simulator
A PC for $25
(32 posts, started )
A PC for $25
This is pretty awesome

http://www.geek.com/articles/g ... -stick-pc-for-25-2011055/

Quote :
Braben has developed a tiny USB stick PC that has a HDMI port in one end and a USB port on the other. You plug it into a HDMI socket and then connect a keyboard via the USB port giving you a fully functioning machine running a version of Linux. The cost? $25.

Lol!
#3 - majod
I read about it few days ago, I can't wait for release :-)
I want one of those.
I read about this a couple days ago, a great idea and maybe less than a year to bring to full production, of course not many "poor" familys have a TV with usb port, but its still a great idea for the less well off like students ect.

And from one of the developers of Elite too, man I remember that game so well, one of the best games of all time, had me totally hooked back in the day.

SD.
Finally!

There shouldn't be a reason not to make such a computer, since computers with such specs were fine years ago.
I mean, phones these days have the specs to run Xbox games.
Why wouldn't there be a way to make a pc which runs simpler applications with more or less the same size?
Quote :It uses a 700MHz ARM11 processor coupled with 128MB of RAM and runs OpenGL ES 2.0 allowing for decent graphics performance with 1080p output confirmed. Storage is catered for by an SD card slot

should run LFS if Scawen adds an OpenGL mode
The guys a legend in my eyes.
Elite was (and probably still is) the greatest game ever.
Looks like I'll be gettting some of these and Wireless keyboards to hang off the back of some TV's for browsing on sofa/bed.
This is pretty awesome. I'll be getting this especially for £20, can then play around on a Linux box without any faff of setting one up!
if this gets public, i surely get one.
#12 - Jakg
**** selling it to end users... imagine integrating it *into* your TV.
$25 and it has 1 more usb ports than the iPad

With those specs could be a great computer for many things Don't hope that it'll keep at that price when it's released though.
1080p output? I'm so buying this lol
There's only one thing I would add... The ability to choose between a classic VGA and HDMI cable, so you don't have to use any adapters or stuff... The rest is perfect.
Imagine... hook an USB hub to it, connect keyboard, mouse, and an USB modem and you get an awesome device for internet browsing and multimedia stuff. It's a shame it doesn't have an ethernet port though, connecting it to your home LAN and streaming movies from a shared drive directly to it would be just insane
You can get routers that do LAN over USB. Or use a USB wireless-LAN stick.
Brilliant!
Well let's see
Keyboard: $7.70
Mouse: $5.80
USB hub: $9.30
WiFi USB adaptor: $13.90
Total: $61.70

The look on the face of our friends when you play a Hi-Def DVD movie from a tiny stick: Priceless

If it's ever available in CZE for a reasonable price, I'll be getting one. With correct reduction and a USB TV tuner it would make nifty portable multimedia player...
Quote from Jakg :**** selling it to end users... imagine integrating it *into* your TV.

Unfortunately, the TV distributors would then use it as an excuse to say the TV is now selling for $400 more.
Quote :and is designed to plug into a TV or be combined with a touch screen for a low cost tablet

I have a doubt. That will use the HDMI for the image and the USB for touch input?
Would be funny to see how the computer connects with its 2 connectors to the same device

BTW, am I the only that don't see where is the SD card slot?
Quote from Whiskey :BTW, am I the only that don't see where is the SD card slot?

On the back?
Could be.

I was so amazed that seeing such a tiny computer didn't thought it could have 2 sides
I like the way it's even got an expansion port - apparently the black box on the top of that one is an optional digital camera attachment.
i bet that this is not only be a global sucess but it will be privatized and marketed everywhere as a competition to apple...

or at least it should.

A PC for $25
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG