The online racing simulator
Steam Discussion and Specials
(19 posts, started )
Hey guys, i couldnt find a thread about Steam games and sharing steam nicks, so decided to create one. Ill ask a mod to merge this thread to existing one if there is one..

Anyway, i just saw that theres some (pre-)christmas specials going on right now.

Brilliant offer n#1 atm is Counter Strike Source only for 5€ only this weekend from original 20€.

Also another 75% discount is for Medieval 2: Total war, which costs only 2.75€ from original 10€. Those 2 are must-buy at the current moment.

my nick in steam is "Eliteati" if you want to add me
If you don't already have CS:S, you're very strange.

Steam Name: Omniauris

There's an LFS group too.
Hello, i´m very strange.
Just bought it for me and my bro.
I'm not strange, I got CS:S years ago. Dwnlding Med:Total war right now.
#5 - Fuse5
Quote from Forbin :If you don't already have CS:S, you're very strange.

I'm strange then I loved the original CS and played the shit out of it, but I became so fed up with all the cheats and cheaters that eventually I gave up on it. I haven't played any other shooter online since then, as they all tend to be infested with cheating ****s.

5€ is a good deal, though

I don't have it because it bores the hell out of me.
I used to play CS with my brother on our home LAN and was finally able to play online back in late 2000, around the time CS 1.0 was released. Then CS:S came with HL2 so I started playing that.

So basically I've been playing it on and off for the past 9 years. Most of the time it's just a way to pass the time when I'm bored.
It's one of those games where I just don't have the patience to get past the stage of getting my arse handed to me *every single round* until I get good enough to start enjoying it. And I'm never going to have the time to get good enough to beat the geeks who play it for 18 hours a day.
#10 - Woz
Quote from obsolum :I'm strange then I loved the original CS and played the shit out of it, but I became so fed up with all the cheats and cheaters that eventually I gave up on it. I haven't played any other shooter online since then, as they all tend to be infested with cheating ****s.

5€ is a good deal, though

You need to find the joys of L4D (1 + 2) Never really encounter cheating, wall hacking or aimbots because its just pointless to use them.

4 player coop that works and works well and is good laugh

i haven't played CS in years, and niko talked me into playing it again... then i found out he only plays CSS.
Started off with 1.5 but no long after 1.6 came out. Played that for ages but then decided to drop it. Just got too repetitive.

2 years ago or something got myself CSS. A huge improvement IMO. But again, it only lasted couple of months.
CS 1.3 was the best in my opinion. I remember playing CS right from the start whilst half life was still going strong. ... thats actually where my nickname started off at.

I do still play CSS from time to time.... As always the nicks: franky500
Steam offer with 4 hours to go:

Crysis ( not Crysis 2 )
Crysis Warheads
Crysis Wars ( incl. in Warheads )

5 Euro.

CS pre-1.0 beta versions were pretty mad back then (yes, I'm old). Whacky features and tweaks came and went and much hilarity (and whining) was going around every new version.

Quote :BETA 4.0
[11.5.99]

» loose guns are removed at the start of a round. (no more gun running)

:grumpy:

IMO CS:S is still good fun but since they removed some of the potentially silly stuff like moving hostages around and started to take itself too seriously it went downhill. Prepare to get your ass handed back to you if you take the plunge now.

I snatched SimCity 4 Deluxe and some other various good bits lately from Steam sales.

Anyone tried SpaceChem yet? I'm hearing rave reviews.
I picked up Mass Effect for £2.50 yesterday, not played it much yet as I'm still working my way through Fallout 3. Yes, I am at least two years behind in games. Was tempted by Sim City 4, as I used to love playing that back on the SNES, but I guess it's too late now for the sale.

Incidentally, Fallout 3 is the best game I've played for a long time, well recommended. But then I guess most people figured that out two or three years ago.
Dead Space is £3.75, an awesome game although the controls can be a little clunky.
Quote from spankmeyer :I snatched SimCity 4 Deluxe and some other various good bits lately from Steam sales.

word of advice, save often, and backup the save files often. while SC4 can provide hours of fun, it's not fun when it decides to fudge up and trash your save files.

edit: and grab yourself a copy of Network Addon Mod (NAM). it'll help deal with traffic overflowing the roads. Network Widening Mod (NWM) is another good addon for multi-laned roads, but i found it rather confusing to use for highways, so i just use the standard maxis highways.
Quote from bunder9999 :

i haven't played CS in years, and niko talked me into playing it again... then i found out he only plays CSS.

Well, I think I don't have you on my friends... add "nikopuntola" and we'll play some 1.6 then

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG