The online racing simulator
#1 - DrBen
(F11) read-only brake bias AND "diff-used"+settings" on road cars ?
Very simple suggestion:

make the brake-bias appear read-only on cars where this is non-adjustable on-the-fly (while racing).

That way if one uses many setups (i.e. me, too) or choses to try a new set without looking into the details beforehand...

(really, I know I should always look into the key aspects before starting in a race with a set; Just so happens I don't do it occasionally, e.g. on automated pick-up racing servers where the restart is bound to appear any second)

...one can quickly take a grasp at how the brakes are set. AND thereby determine the right driving-style for that particular car/track-combination. Just for people who sometimes tend to get a little confused about things (me, doh!)

Another simple add-on suggestion: make the setup-name appear in either F11/F12 screen, as well. I do believe these two little tweaks together will make a difference for some if not many.

---comes to mind: a simple "apply custom default-set" (which is user-selectable for each car; defaults to "Race-S" when not yet reviewed) with a generic fuel-level of 50% as a last-minute option before race-start (when starting lights are not yet lit) would come in handy. Simple thing via keyboard short-cut, perhaps?

These are my thoughts that accumulated throughout these past days and mostly evenings when I had a few more thorough sessions in LFS (and beyond), again after quite some time with a little less online racing.

edit: please read on below when I go into detail WHY I'm also interested in diff-kind and settings to be readable (read-only) in F11, as well...

Maybe these will inspire you for some future release?

Greets
Heiko
#2 - pik_d
Do you mean "make the setup-name appear in both F11/F12 screen" because it's already in the top right of F12.
He means 'show the actual brake balance % in F11 for road cars'. I do not object to this
#4 - pik_d
Quote from NotAnIllusion :He means 'show the actual brake balance % in F11 for road cars'. I do not object to this

I'm talking about this bit:
Quote from DrBen :Another simple add-on suggestion: make the setup-name appear in either F11/F12 screen, as well. I do believe these two little tweaks together will make a difference for some if not many.

It's a bit confusing since setup names appear in F12 already, I'm not sure if he missed that or if he means that it should be in F11 as well as F12 where it already is.
Ah. Yes, that one is there already as you pointed out.
#6 - DrBen
Quote from pik_d :I'm talking about this bit:

It's a bit confusing since setup names appear in F12 already, I'm not sure if he missed that or if he means that it should be in F11 as well as F12 where it already is.

Alright guys,

Today it's sunday and I'm actually wide-awake and whistling my favorite tune lighthartedly...

...yes, the second part is the one I missed, obviously. Thus I stand corrected. Setup-names do appear already - no need to mess with the positioning of that piece of information. My bad. On the other hand: I would really like to see the name in both screens since there is no need to dive into pit-strategies on sprint-races, when all I want is to confirm that I have applied the right setup for my projected driving-style / race-length. And really since F11 is kind-of left for dead and superfluous on road cars, at the moment that is: why not repeat that damned name there, too? So I'll second pik_d and his interpretation on this one

Anyway thanks for your thoughts, questions and comments on this one. I appreciate it. I even start to wander if there are more drivers out there missing this feature
#7 - DrBen
I think the diff-kind and settings...
make a good amount of sense in F11, as well.

Then we will gain an overall coherent presentation of the key influences regarding vehicle dynamics under power- or braking-load. As always, depress the clutch and all you have is suspension geometry and spring/damper plus tyres...

...and if using a differential, it depends really. On how this works his magic (kind & settings matter).

So power on, power off, braking - and - like all the rally-enthusiasts on lfs know: left-foot-braking is not restricted to "not having a 3-pedal-setup"...

...Hope this makes sense to you all.

That's it. I will edit the thread-title accordingly.
Cheers

Heiko

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG