The online racing simulator
New Xmotoracing version 1.29
(72 posts, started )
Just in case you didn't notice: This is the general LFS discussion thread. And out of curiosity, i bet you didn't have purchased Xmotoracing either
#3 - DeKo
Donington is a bit dodgy, just looks like a straight convert out of GTL or something. Also, when making a video, it helps if the person driving isn't shite.
#4 - PoVo
Gonna download a demo, see what it's like
It's far from perfect but it really shows a lot of promise as the engine is far more advance then lfs engine.It supports real time lighting,hdr,full vertex deformation and parts detachment,aerodynamics,some really good cockpits and is continuasly developed.It's one to look for and if you have the time download the test version and you will be surprised by some of the features the game has.
Quote from justasimfan :It's far from perfect but it really shows a lot of promise as the engine is far more advance then lfs engine.

Graphically - yes, in any other ways - no.
That's what i am talking about !! It needs a LOT of work to come close to the amazing physics lfs has or it's super smooth online gameplay.Yet at the same time lfs engine is really old and even the new tire patch alongside the more open tracks can do so much to extend the life of the game.The lfs engine uses a dx8 render where xmotoracing uses a dx9c that makes possible the use of hdr and bloom lighting.That alongside a solid damage code that along vertex deformation adds the ability of detachable parts that affect aerodynamics and a nice real time lighting and some great looking cockpits makes it really sweet looking.This one is one to watch for and everybody's suggestions in the game's forum is welcomed by the devs and may help improving the game.
http://www.xmotorracing.com/forum.html
And i thought LFS had bad sounds.
Quote from justasimfan :This one is one to watch for and everybody's suggestions in the game's forum is welcomed by the devs and may help improving the game.
http://www.xmotorracing.com/forum.html

Ok but only if it has bloom.

Edit* Jokes aside, i tried it some time ago and it wasn't a much of a my taste, i'll try it later and see if the game has gotten any better by physics wise.
edit2* What's with your demo account?
Quote from -NightFly- :
edit2* What's with your demo account?

The only thing he does is babbling about shaders and blingbling in zillions of forums instead of supporting the devs by buying the sims he wants to see 'improved'.
#12 - PoVo
Meh, I tried the game - Physics aren't nice, I keep spinning out etc. no matter what.

The sounds are extremely poor. When the car is idle you can barely here it. Once you give it some throttle the at 2000 RPM the car sounds like it's 7000 RPM and the sound stays the same as the RPMs rise...

I was also getting real low FPS - about 20~ where as in a game like Black Ops I seem to get 25~, not sure what the issue is, but it should be higher right?
What was the last version you tested the game ? Now its v1.29 and has started to improve a lot physics wise.
(-You have to assign a button-i think the default is x to change the differential model and set it to lsd(blocked.Also you have to set the clutch to semiauto in the garage submenu or manual if you have a g25/27 or fanatek wheel with a clutch).A bit messy for the moment....still a long way from lfs tire physics but lfs was not perfected in one day you know...

To improve frame rates disable antialising and play in a lower resolution.This game is much much more detailed than lfs so this is expected.

And about sounds...yes they are horrible....i hope somebody helps/join the devs on that aspect for some proper sounds!

And about the account i prefer for forum bubling using a demo account...For god's shake i don't want to troll or anything but often speaking about another sim or mentioning lfs problems gets viewed that way...
I dare you count the parts!!! Hehehhe
They have the mrt

Have mouse support as steer like in lfs?
I guess so but......what's the point of even discussing about good physics if you cannot really experience them ? I mean if you play lfs with a mouse all these years.....then i cannot even begin to explain what you are missing....

Really go and buy a decent g25/27 wheel you are not going to regret it.
Quote from justasimfan : blah
I mean if you play lfs with a demo licence all these years.....then i cannot even begin to explain what you are missing....
Really go and buy lfs you are not going to regret it.
blah

fixed it for you justasimfan
I'm assuming based on a comment he made earlier that he has an S2 licence.
What a weird game. I understand it's still under heavy development, but I find it a hell of a ripoff to ask money for this. LFS was free until it hit perfectly playable S1 IIRC.
It's not like I don't appreciate the effort of the devs, but the physics is just... bad. Even NFS Shift has a better one and that's not even meant to be a sim. I dunno if it goes on account of a very basic tire model, but the way you can lock the wheels by just touching the brake makes the car barely drivable. Engine delivers power it a very interesting manner, nothing, nothing, still nothing... and then a massive wheelspin on 2nd gear at 90 kph and the car doesn't feel 'alive' like it does in LFS or even rF.
Even the graphics is crap, it's nice how the 3D engine uses a boatload of effects and DX9 goodies (loved how you cannot turn some of them on in demo BTW) but the cars, tracks are low poly and textures lack detail and resolution so badly that they make NFS: Porsche Unleashed look better.

If it was some sort of development version I'd say "Nice work, keep it up", but seriously, they're selling this for $50?

BTW anyone else has to run the game as admin to prevent a crash whenever you try to put a car in gear? Probably a stupid UAC issue, but still rather amateurish.
Quote from MadCatX :Even NFS Shift has a better one and that's not even meant to be a sim.

Oh please... Read their site. They think it's the best simulator ever made...
What I enjoy much more about their site is the "Do you want a crack to be available for XMR?" poll with over 60 % of people voting yes
50 dollars? What is the creator smoking?
Quote from MadCatX :What I enjoy much more about their site is the "Do you want a crack to be available for XMR?" poll with over 60 % of people voting yes

I meant the NFS Shift website to be clear.
Quote from justasimfan :I guess so but......what's the point of even discussing about good physics if you cannot really experience them ? I mean if you play lfs with a mouse all these years.....then i cannot even begin to explain what you are missing....

Really go and buy a decent g25/27 wheel you are not going to regret it.

So, for not having a G25/27 i can't enjoy the physics?, ok....

So, you realy enjoyed Crysis or HL2 playing with a wheel right?

(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG