The online racing simulator
Portal 2
(108 posts, started )
Quote from Crashgate3 :I may have read this wrong, but am I right in thinking the co-op is cross platform? So PC and xboc players can team up?

Not XBox. Microsoft sucks for that. PC/Mac and PS3 players can do cross platform co-op.

As well.. I've finally finished the game. It's kinda short (not to the point where I hate how short it is though, and not dragged on forever). I love the humour and it had a lot of good moments. The puzzles weren't impossibly difficult, but none were super easy.

Ultimately, I think the best game I've played since the original Portal.
Anon strikes again.

They're all a bunch of ****faces. I don't understand what they wish to prove by being a bunch of kiddies other that they should all be put in jail.
I think they must have had as external attack, or hardware failure. If it's going to take them 2 days to fix, then you know it's really bad

I wonder if it could be to do with the Steam integration though and there just to embarrassed to admit it?
No. It's Anon. They've been running a regime against Sony lately. The actual Steam integration is unlikely as all the additional load would be on Valve's side, not Sony.. and Steam seems to run perfectly right now.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No. It's Anon. They've been running a regime against Sony lately. The actual Steam integration is unlikely as all the additional load would be on Valve's side, not Sony.. and Steam seems to run perfectly right now.

This may be a very retarded question.... but what the hell is Anon?
Go google "Anonymous". They're a bunch of internet "superheroes" that are actually a bunch of fat smelly nerds who think that "justice" is by DDoSing and stalking down corporations and their staff and families.
Portal 2 was great. It put a smile on my face at many occasions, something which games usually don't do to me. I can't say it had the same effect on me as Portal 1 though but I don't blame them. Portal 1 was truly amazing. The detail, the sounds and the overall concept being freshly introduced into the mind. That made Portal 1 into quite a mind ****.

With the concept already being introduced, Portal 2 could impossibly have the same impact as Portal 1. However, Portal 2 was still a very, very good follow up on Portal 1. It had even more attention put into it. Prettier graphics, more elements to add variation to the test chambers and a great follow up story to Portal 1. I've got to say; Portal in general is a game that touched me. And Portal 2 is a good job of following that up.
Quote from pärtan :Portal in general is a game that touched me.

Remember, you're in a safe place. Now can you show me on the dolly exactly where Portal touched you? :sadbanana
#60 - Uke
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Remember, you're in a safe place. Now can you show me on the dolly exactly where Portal touched you? :sadbanana

I think the dolly doesn't have one :sadbanana
Quote from Uke :I think the dolly doesn't have one :sadbanana

An ear? Or a nose maybe?
I think he meant:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
this new version of source is great, i had constant 60fps everything at maximum and i liked how it looks more than crysis 2
Portal 2 does look very lovely.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Portal 2 does look very lovely.

As the whole corporate design of Aperture Science reminds me of apple, that doesn't come as a surprise.
But I agree. While the source engine isn't among the most technically advanced engines anymore, the art of Portal 2s visuals is great.
So how long did it take for most people to get through it?
Took me about 9 hours I think. I didn't try to rush things, listened to the dialog and enjoyed the level design. You could do it in 3 hours the first time if you're a clever test subject, but that would be a bit of waste of the game in my opinion.
It took me about 6 to 8 hours. Yet unlike most games of that length I found portal 2 to be well worth my money.
It took me 2 evenings, so 5-6 hours. Plus an additional 3-4 for coop.

So while it's not a long game per se, I think it's quite hard to judge the length of a game like portal. I have watched a friend of mine play a few levels after I finished it, and he took considerably longer than me to figure some puzzles out. So for him, the overal length would be 7-8 hours.
I dunno. Portal 2 seems "right" to be the length it is. It's not too long where it's drawn out, but it's not like "Oh, there's my second portal fired.. what end of game?!". Its a good pace
Quote from majod :this new version of source is great, i had constant 60fps everything at maximum and i liked how it looks more than crysis 2

Is the same engine that runs HL2:Ep 2, but yes, in my pc with all maxed out and 4x aa the game runs constantly at 50-60 fps, with all those shadows in real time, realy impresive the optimization of Source engine ( Hope they use it for HL2:Ep3 insted of the cryengine )

There was one part that the fps drops to 20, where you start to use the bounce fluid, the game was brillant, found 3 secret place and one of then was the port of the Borealis

Still the game was a bit short, took me 4 hours finish it
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I dunno. Portal 2 seems "right" to be the length it is. It's not too long where it's drawn out, but it's not like "Oh, there's my second portal fired.. what end of game?!". Its a good pace

Great
Quote from Inouva :( Hope they use it for HL2:Ep3 insted of the cryengine )

Why the hell would they use cryengine for HL2EP3? There are rumors going around about Source Engine 2 being announced sometime soon...
Becuase all Inouva knows about is pots and pans, stoves and ovens, dishes and sinks.

Portal 2
(108 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG