The online racing simulator
Ideas for LFS.
(4 posts, started )
Ideas for LFS.
Hello.

I hope there hasn't been a topic with the same things but meh I'll give it a try.
Very happy with the news of the new patch but it got me thinking, what else could be improved?

Team option. Option to set up a team and invite people to it. Then in game you would get the teamname infront or above your name.

Record replay. Happens to me alot that I save a replay and after that want to start recording again but it isn't possible so have to reconnect and all. Would be nice if there was just a button to press to start recording like there is a button to save the replay.

Ramps. I don't know if this will be possible with the new patch but I would like to be able to add ramps on any track, not just blackwood.

Favourites. To be able to add a server to your favourites and have a favourites list.

Friends/teammates. Have a list of friends/teammates where you can see who is online. Also when clicking the name it opens up a little, showing the server this person is at and a button to join. Maybe also an "invite" and a chat option?

Just some ideas. Hope they are of some use.
Quote from cherryflip :Team option. Option to set up a team and invite people to it. Then in game you would get the teamname infront or above your name.

That would be nice but there is an option on www.lfsworld.net - Teams section, you can make a team application and add people to it.

Quote from cherryflip :Ramps. I don't know if this will be possible with the new patch but I would like to be able to add ramps on any track, not just blackwood.

The Ramp1 and a wider ramp (Ramp2) will be available on all tracks in the new test patch.

Quote from cherryflip :Favourites. To be able to add a server to your favourites and have a favourites list.

This would be a good feature in-game. However, I run a website www.lfs-favhosts.co.cc where you can manage your favourite servers list and join them. The site is quite slow but servers its purpose.

Quote from cherryflip :Friends/teammates. Have a list of friends/teammates where you can see who is online. Also when clicking the name it opens up a little, showing the server this person is at and a button to join.

Again, you can use LFSWorld. Go to LFS Racers Database - Your profile and add your buddies in the right column. Then go to My LFSW settings - Live Alert poll interval and set it to 1, so it updates every 1 minute. Now you should see a small white bell on the top of LFSWorld site every time someone is online. When you click it, you will see where all your buddies are.

I hope this helps
Thanks. Yes this helps.

What I meant ofcourse was that these kind of things should be in LFS, not lfs world or other sites.

But I must say you owned me with your reply.
These are all good ideas. I especially like the friend list idea. Shouldn't be that hard to implement. There already is a function to search for a user online and all. Even these forums get information on who's on which server. Basically, an improved online user interface. Team idea is also quite good. About the team option, I think you should be able to join more then one team at once and then maybe you could browse trough which team, if any, you would like to display at the moment.

Ideas for LFS.
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG